amsterdam??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8xjagerxbongxtoker

Reaction score
me and the wifey were baked out the other day and wanted to plan a trip to amsterdam like next spring. i wanted to know if anybody has been there and what ups and downs there were and what kind of buget did u set.

I would look at travelocity and orbit and start pricing. the earlier you buy the cheaper it will be. Hubby and I are going to mexico in january...I love it there.

check out the "News" forum. I think the Dutch are starting to try to dis-interest the "drug tourism" now.

As hick said, they're cracking down. I know at least some coffeshops are closing, I dont know if all of them are closing. But do some research, you dont want to get over there and be disappointed.

Another idea, skip Amsterdam and come to Oaksterdam. The medical dispensaries give Amsterdam a run for their money, plus there are places where you can get weed and smoke it right there WITHOUT a doctors rec or cannabis card.

greenfriend said:
Another idea, skip Amsterdam and come to Oaksterdam. The medical dispensaries give Amsterdam a run for their money, plus there are places where you can get weed and smoke it right there WITHOUT a doctors rec or cannabis card.

HI,

I dunno... Oakland just ain't Amsterdam and if all I want to do is smoke dope... I'll just stay home! :p There is SO much more to visiting Europe/Amsterdam than being able to sit in an establishment to buy and smoke decent weed. For me it's always an eye opening experience just to travel to other countries and cultures and experience more than what's in your backyard. Amsterdam is an awesome destination with or without cannabis but I'd be the first to admit that the cannabis is why I've booked all of my European travel through Amsterdam over the years. The way I see it... all planes, trains and roads lead to and from Amsterdam! ;) If you'd like to go in the spring I'd suggest making it mid May or so as it can be pretty chilly until then in Holland. You can however get great airfare and hotel deals if you go in the off season and mid April is the peak of the 'tulip tourism' crowd. The tulip fields in bloom are an awesome sight in itself but the weather can be much more dodgey when the tulips are in bloom in April. Here's a link to a recent thread about Amsterdam on MP... It has lots of info for you to check out:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42102

Hick said:
check out the "News" forum. I think the Dutch are starting to try to dis-interest the "drug tourism" now.

Here's the link for what our friend Hick is referring to f.y.i...

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47272

Dutch attitudes regarding Cannabis tourism have blown in different directions over the years. In the 90s I used to do a lot of work in Europe and Amsterdam and 15 years ago there were rumors of clamping down on cannabis tourism. Over the years at times these movements have gained and loss traction. Attitudes swing to the left and then back to the right... Over the last few years there has been a movement toward coming up with a 'pass' that would permit only locals to buy cannabis. The cities/towns and areas referred to in the above article are all in a more conservative region close to the Belgian border. In the past few years there have been a lot of coffee shop closures in Amsterdam but all of those were coffee shops with repeated violations of the regulations that govern them. There are still hundreds of coffee shops around Amsterdam so it's still very much the same ol' same ol'... They do have new tobacco free laws in A'dam now too... but most of the coffee shops turn a blind eye to this if you do it discreetly... ironic, huh?

BUT... recently some legislation has been introduced to implement the same type of 'cannabis pass' system throughout The Netherlands. At this point it's not a law but it would be good for you to keep you eyes open before planning a trip. My friends in A'dam don't think it will pass but you just never know... I think it will come down to Euros... and with the current state of the world economy I doubt if this will pass. It would have freaked me out 10 years ago but with the current traction that the U.S. is having with med mj and attitudes regarding mj I don't feel so bad about it. The genetics are more diverse than ever here in the good ole U.S. of A... Here's an article on the proposed Dutch law:

//www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/6168993/Dutch-to-ban-drug-tourism.html

Peace!:cool:

I've been in a'dam for only like a couple hours due to it was the lay over spot, but I have had family go there in the pass. Watch out seriously for pick pocketors. My family got robbed hard, and they got robbed by from what I heard gorgeous girls. When my family went to the police they were absoutely no help, they just said cancel your cards and thats it cause its probably in the water by now.

Theres signs I know in alot of places say watch out for pick pocketors. So just be careful, I would house your money in a area were you will feel if someone is taking it (wifes bra, upfront by your stuff, in a tight front pocket)

Hopefully you don't get pissed at me for saying your wifes bra to put your money in, but I would have my wife (if I had one, still young for that lol) put it there so we didn't lose everything.

I wil have to agree that they probaby won't pass that law do to the economic times, just because they'll realized if they did they'll lose alot of money from tourist and heck everyone needs money now! lol

greenfriend said:
As hick said, they're cracking down. I know at least some coffeshops are closing, I dont know if all of them are closing. But do some research, you dont want to get over there and be disappointed.

do you know were you can get weed without a card in Oakland?

Sampson said:
do you know were you can get weed without a card in Oakland?

The clubs that don't require a card are private cannabis clubs allowed by measure Z. Since they are not open to the public you have to 'know someone ie. the club owner' to become a member.

At Bulldog Cafe on Broadway between 17th and 19th you used to be able to get a day pass to buy weed and smoke it in the back. Not sure if their still doing that.

Sampson said:

Hopefully you don't get pissed at me for saying your wifes bra to put your money in, but I would have my wife (if I had one, still young for that lol) put it there so we didn't lose everything.

What if the wife's bra is the first place they would look :hubba: ?

ok just bewteen me and...everyone I have muled..my nickname is the mule because I carry all the ****. in my bra. rolled up multiple times and then sewn into a little flap along the cup. I have flown ( before 911 ) and gone on cruises this way. My only fear is a drug dog or an x ray machine type thing in an airport..Are those still allowed or do we still just go through the metal detector? no point smuggling a pipe when I can buy one at any tobacoo store

Latest posts

Back