another hermie question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdrov1x

Reaction score
I had a few hermies in my room. I thought it was light tight. In one of my posts I inquired about turning the lights off during lights on to maybe change my light cycle to opposite what it was. they are on at night, and I wanted tthem to be on during the day. Anyways, I turned off my lights, and to my surprise there were a few light leaks in my room. I have a framed and drywalled in room in my house for this. It was leaking light , but not a lot. It was not enough to light up the room. I still could not see, but I could see little light leaks here and there. Also my timer when it went off had a little red light that came on that I had not noticed before because I was out of the room when the lights were supposed to be off. This was not enough light to see anything else other than those specific light leaks. Is that enough light to cause hermies? I now have a digital timer on the lights with no red light. Also when the hps light goes out, it takes a few seconds to be completely out. Does this affect the 12 hrs of darkness for this few seconds of light? Thanks for your help in advance! Also much thanks to Hemp Goddess, Hamster Lewis, and all others I may have forgotten for all of their help in many of my other posts.

Much of what it takes to expose the hermie trait is strain, even pheno' dependent. Or.. the amount of photoperiod manipulation/interruption to stimulate them will vary from plant to plant. Depending on it's stability and trueness/strength of the breeding.
THAT is why TOTAL darkness for 12 hours is always recommended and the best option.

Latest posts

Back