anyone know ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilikebigbuds

Reaction score
does anyone know at what stage a female bud will not be effected by male pollen?
or can she become fert. by male pollen at any stage, even a few weks from harvest....?

I hope this does not seem like a stupid question; I was just curious if she can develop seeds at any stage.:confused2:

Thanks for your thoughts about this:48:

if the pistals have turned brown it is too late, otherwise yes you can pollenate after

Thanks for your response UMBRA but now I am a bit more confused?

after...... what , after they turn brown?:confused:

so pollen can effect any time after they enter 12/12 and have buds? but not after pistols turn brown?

:)

they can be pollenated all the way untill you harvest..just the less time spent the less viable seed is..but as long as their are hairs it will take the pollen..Hope this helps:bolt::bong:

..."one grain of viable pollen + one live (white) pistill = one seed"
it can happen at anytime that "both" are present. ...BUT.. it requires about 4 weeks, minimum to mature to viable seed.

Yeah thats what it sounds like to me....Just had my first one as well...caught it in time i hope...it was my Someday Mother 6 weeks in flower..This plant doesnt like any stress..but then again who does:rofl: good luck..IlikeBigBudds

its strange.as i said awhile back,i had a clone from a clone from a lady that i grew to maturity on all.then the last one either got pollenated from pollen being on me or she hermied.i noticed the seeds forming on some smaller buds.i had her in the flower tent with 3 other ladies that were flowering good.the other 3 plants never had a seed in any of the buds.this has baffeled me since then.i have yet to figure out how this happened.but the one that did have some seeds,was some fine smoke.crazy

yea I had a hermie! Hate when that happens!!!

2 weeks from harvest, plants next to hermie have seeds!

it's kind a weird some plants have buds with seeds just on one side (the side facing to the hermie) of the plant and then the other side is seed free. but that hermie must have been popping lone flowers a day at a time for a week before I caught it. it will still be good smoke:) and I will be destroying any seeds that come from this mess!

thanks for all your info on this you guys, I think I understand much better now and I will put = check for hermies on my daily work list from now on.

I read a thread earlier on the light cycle effecting the plants hermie tendencies and I thought that was worth noting and paying attention to, I am so bad at getting my door closed right at 5pm. so I will be more strict about the light.

Thanks for desroing the Hermie seeds...and yes..it does happen even if your like me and allways inspecting them..Be sure to recheck all the basics on the grow room..ie: no light leaks..thats where I failed..I had noticed a small tear in my flower room wall..and think thats what was mine..I fixed the light leak and so far so good..the other plants that was seeded only one side is bcause maybe they are close togater and the fan just blows on one side..do you turn you containers daily? I do..thats when i look at them..i like to allow the light all around the plant..thats just me tho..Not sure if its any better..Hope this helps and good luck in the future:bolt::bong:

I have about 12 containers, some GH Buckets, some black buckets with areo, some tubs with drip system, so no I am not turning my plants everyday, but I do move them around once a week as I am removing, and adding plants every other Friday, and also as some get taller than others I move them around.

But now I am adding a check for heries chore on my list, I am in the room everyday checking water and nuits and bugs, so I will spend a little extra time looking for balls. LOL
and the Light! I feel kinda stupid about that, honestly I did not know this extra light would do that, I thought , worst could happen was it would revert to a vegging stage. so I am still such a newbie! what a basic simple thing to screw up on.!! and what do I do? I go to a family dinner xmas eve at 4:45 pm forgot to shut door! AGAIN!!!! and didnt get home until 10pm! so I did it again! OMG!!! I have set the alarm on my phone to remind me from now on! I want to pull my hair out! my hubby mentioned, yea you do that about once a week. he also mentioned he has shut the door for me a few times. now that he knows that the hermie's maybe coming from my forgetfulness of shutting the door when the lights go off he has been making it a personal mission to get that door shut on time! LOL! he gets as bummed as I do when this happens.

I am also going to lay off my experimenting with random seeds. just clones for a while. I have about 3-4 strains growing now, I am bad about that too, I just take cuttings off anything over 23 inches in my vegging room and put it in the clone machine, I have at least 18-25 cuttings in that at any given time.

thats what I love about growing, as I am always learning! always! what a Joy that is!

Latest posts

Back