autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
am thinking about trying a few autos this summer.i saw an article last year in high times on an auto that was all the rage in ca. cant recall the plant. did any one see this and recall its name ??? any thoughts on growing autos outdoors ??had problems,hurricanes,mold etc.last year. THANKS

We did an outdoor auto group grow here on MP back a while ago....I think the thread was lost in the great crash. If I remember correctly pretty much no one got good results with autos outdoors.
I will tell ya up front I am not a fan of autos....loved them when I first started but then I grew some actual Dank 12/12 strains and left autos for good. Jmo

I agree, when first starting out autos can be great as you get almost immediate visual feedback from your adjustments due to there violently rapid growth and short life cycle. This means you are able to tweak your methods with an immediate response from the plant. Aswell new growers tend to be very impatient so autos work well for them. However the best bud in the world is not grown from auto flowering plants as they lack in yield, taste and thc that some photoperiod strains can provide. If you want top quality marijuana stick to your regular bud. That being said if you wish to grow some auto strains stick to lowryder#2 or anything crossed with it, thats your best bet in my opinion.

I too was influenced by that same thread that Hammy speaks of and tried some Super Cali Haze(a super-auto)outdoors last year.I got 2 plants from 5 beans with my biggest SCH being almost 5 foot tall.Towards the end both plants came down early because of the onset of mold.This year I'm thinking of doing a couple autos just to have a bit of early smoke so I don't pick my 12/12 plants to death.Autos aren't bad but like the others are saying 12/12s are generally better and bigger.

JME but Ive tried puttin autos outside on 2 or 3 occasions just to finish off and all molded up major on me...

Latest posts

Back