Breakthrough Second Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shakey B0n3S

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i may not have finished my first grow journal but i fully intend to with this project....my first grow was extremly successful and mind expanding....i was able to create my very own strain and get female seeds from the once flowered crop....the seed was feminized and now i have a new strain that grows like a powerplant and smells like an entire herb forest.

in this report i will be covering
PURPLE INDICA
DOUBLE GUM
AND
FIRST GENERATION ICExPUREKUSHSOURDIESELxSILVER SURFER
the germanation ratio for the seeds were great
i started with a little over 30 seeds and am now down to 18 plants, i pulled different plants for various reasons such as slow growth or bad genetics.

EQUIPMENT
The plants have been under a 400watt MH for a month and now a 400watt HPS with the (eye) Hortilux enhanced spectrum SUPER HPS bulb....
the growth has been asstonishing. the plants have only had the HPS for 2 days now and the reaction is fantastic.

FERTZ.
since it is an organic grow i have used organic fertz.
I have been giving the plants doses of this stuff called ORGANICS ALIVE
it has over 30,000 different living organisms living in this tea that is brewed,... from ameaba to bacteria and tons and tons of different microbes and living things that earth worms eat.....the stuff is calle organics alive and i get it for free every wednesday. i am also using problen organic vegging fert.

light schedual 21/3
constant fan motion. great circulation and low temps.
DAY 43 of veg

marley and smoking 002.jpg

marley and smoking 010.jpg

marley and smoking 011.jpg

marley and smoking 012.jpg

marley and smoking 013.jpg

marley and smoking 015.jpg

marley and smoking 018.jpg

marley and smoking 019.jpg

marley and smoking 026.jpg

and the gaurds have been replaced with this single gaurd
name
kilo

marley and smoking 004.jpg

400watt HPS with the (eye) Hortilux enhanced spectrum SUPER HPS bulb

I have the same setup, kinda, I use a 400w HPS with a Hotrtilux bulb upgrade to use through both Veg and Flower stages. I was too cheap to buy a MH and wanted one fixture to do it all. Good luck, I wish I could get my hands on some high quality seeds; especially some indica based strains!

Thank you all for the comments...as for the seeds all i can truley say is that the purple indica seeds came from a very strong female who maybe produce only a few but it was deffiently feminized. all females as i can see right now....my strain which i have not come up with a name for yet has given me two healthy females and my largest is also looking like a female.....they grew so much qwicker than al the other strains it is very strange.

i also around 3 days ago, topped 2 of my plants...they seem to be responding great so the next few weeks should be filled with white hairs and new stems!!

well my fellow stoney people....i am comming up on a month and about 2 weeks of veg...plan on going another 2 or so....i watered the ladies today and filled their 3 gallon pots to the rim with fresh soil. they recieved a double dose of the Pure Blend fertalizer 4 teaspoons...and now they are back under the lights....ill be gone for a few days so it will be fun to see the new growth when i get home....so far i am lookin at 13 females out of 15!!!!! WOOT WOOT
untill the next time:eek:

i watered the plants last nigh, took some near 16 gallons to satisfy them all!!
still dont have batteries for my camera yet, but it is day 48 and last night was their first full 18/6 cycle night...aside from the 21 plus hours they have been getting.....pictures tonight.....sab

.i was able to create my very own strain and get female seeds from the once flowered crop....the seed was feminized and now i have a new strain that grows like a powerplant and smells like an entire herb forest.

What you have "created"..is not a strain, but a simple cross. Developing a "strain" requires generations of selective crossing and back crossing for traits.
Femminise d seeds do NOT come from random herophrodite pollinations. Watch you "new strain" for hermi' qualities during flower.

i pulled different plants for various reasons such as slow growth or bad genetics.
........ all the same "genetics" .. only different phenotypes showing.
There are some very informative and educational links in the "Growers Resources", that should interest you ;)

Hick said:
What you have "created"..is not a strain, but a simple cross. Developing a "strain" requires generations of selective crossing and back crossing for traits.
Femminise d seeds do NOT come from random herophrodite pollinations. Watch you "new strain" for hermi' qualities during flower.

........ all the same "genetics" .. only different phenotypes showing.
There are some very informative and educational links in the "Growers Resources", that should interest you ;)

i am always amazed by the helpfulness on this website...i am continualy humbled by our greenthumb posters.!!! thank u hick for ur fabulous breakdown....really though.....at least now i know i have created my own CROSS.....hopefully someday FINE TUNED to a strain

?also what do you mean by phenotypes? i am going to look it up right now but id like to hear its reference directly to canabis

Phenotypes means the different way it grows(xmas tree,DonkeyDick ect),smells,appearance.Most quaility strains are stable,which means majority of them will grow the same,occasionally you'll get a different phenotype,or pheno.

You ever notice the subtle differences in two brothers?..Different colored eyes, hair, ect.
......or a litter of pure bred Lab' puppies, that may contain yellow, black and chocolate.
Even tho they are from the same parents(genetic combination), different chacteristics/traits dominate and express themselves.
Producing a stable strain, involves isolating specific characteristics, through selection, and breeding for the desirable traits, and breeding out undesirables. It is a long difficult process. Requiring many combinations, test groows, selection, backcrossing, more tests, ect.
ENJOY!!

if i remember right, it took the dude who created the auto flower/low ryder 15 years to create to his liking, your plants do look good, check out my g/j i've got an indica that's lst'd and quite young. keep er sticky

Dc

hey thanks everyone for the great information...i can always count on the members from this site for great god given and learned knowledge....and none of the drama.....th eplants are dooooiinnggg amazing, i will get pictures up tonight, i just need to hunt around the house for some extra batteries (ahh the never ending search for batteries).....i think i may wait another week or more for them to start flowering, i dont have a ton of room, especially with 17 females!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOT!!!! im putting out a little over 84,000 lumens, dual spectrum with upgraded hps bulb.....so it should be rather amazing here soon to see what may happen

are indicas slower growers with smaller yeilds? im tryin to figure out the uniformity of these purple indica seeds.

sorry for the lack of posting my friends, i have been a bit busy, but the ladies are doing just fine, definitly growing. i have had the HPS400 on them for a little over a week and a hlf now and they have responded fantastic to it. im also still running the MH400....and am thinking about flowering within the next few days here, the plants are in their 52nd day of veggitative growth from popping their heads out. i think i am going to let them go for 60 and then flip them over...i am reducing the ammount of light from 21/3 to 18/6 to 16/8 and eventually to 12/12....i will try and get pictures up for you this evening but i am still having trouble finding batteries........

well folks i finally found batteries!! only needed 2......so lets see to update...
Plants recieving 2X strength problend organic vegging nutrients and 16 hours of light a day....two three speed fans pumping the air out and 1 400wat HPS, with hortilux super red grow light accomponied by the 400watt MH....
the growth has been stupendous on my LST'd plants....one is tied down and 2 are topped, i have been pruning throughout the last 10 days very lightly and the ladies have responded very well. so without further addo
ill start with the picture from ten days ago and then the ones from tonight shall follow.

marley and smoking 023.jpg

growin and kilo 005.jpg

growin and kilo 003.jpg

growin and kilo 010.jpg

growin and kilo 012.jpg

growin and kilo 015.jpg

growin and kilo 017.jpg

growin and kilo 021.jpg

growin and kilo 022.jpg

growin and kilo 029.jpg

ah yes and the plants are just under 55 days from seed...i might try to bring the pH down a little it is steady at 6.9 right now and the plants have almost no discoloration or defformaties.....does anyone think that i should increase my waterings with the nutes, i water like 2 or 3 times a week, gets dry but plants tell me when they are thirsty.....thanks for any info!!!:holysheep:

Latest posts

Back