Building a 10FT x 20FT Bedroom/Grow room! ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking forward to seeing this. Lots of pictures would be appreciated

CO2 generator, AC and a Carbon breeze air cleaner is all you need. A buddy has a 25ftx25ft shop with the set up. So beautiful. I am a soil grower also.

Edit: go with a oversize AC unit and dehumidifier

Don't need them with all the above. Stellar setup. Takes away all kinds of problems as stated above. Really I have seen results of lots of different ways. But I like it because it's a real clean set-up.

Edit: If you can make it happen, go with more than 3k in lighting. 1k more at least. You wouldn't have to split for flowering and vegging and could choose to have less lighting while vegging as you don't need that much, IMO.

Use a closed growing environment, meaning your room should be sealed airtight. make sure you have air cooled hoods with fans pulling enough air that they are cool to the touch while on. the only vents going in and out of the growroom will be for the aircooled hoods. if you use a propane/natural gas Co2 generator, you will need a dehumidifier, which also puts out heat. get a can fan/carbon scrubber combo and hang it inside the room. get 4 1k lites and put them on a CAP lighting controller. an environmental controller will automate your AC unit and dehumidifer. and you'll want a ppm controller for your Co2.

Pics. All my secrets. The last is the dingus I use to keep light out of my passive air. The actual louvered vent is on the other side of the wall from what you see. Number 3 is the cleat I have top and bottom to align the wine rack. There is an eyehook on the top of the wine rack that slides over a threaded stud. I spin a wing nut on and voila, or rather no-voila. The rack itself is on teflon furniture skids so it pulls out slightly then slides right and out of the pocket-doorway. The rack is just something cheezy I knocked together and laquered one weekend--straight Home Depot and Lowe's off the rack materials. The rest of the pics are just eye candy from my grow room.

Oh, and the couple of green ones are what Unkle Pencilhead does with his days--my lollipop girls at only 4 weeks into flower. They're gonna be cola monsters.

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

019.JPG

I'm loving this thread and I am sorry I haven't gotten in on it sooner.

First, Albino, your set-up sounds sweet and I am really looking forward to seeing some photos. There is one thing that I would consider when you start putting it all together and that is water protection. Meaning, what are you going to put on the floor to protect against spills and subsequent water damage? I have seen some serious damage done in rooms with floors that were not prepped properly. Think heavy duty plastic and tarps. Of course the ideal would be concrete, tile or linoleum flooring with a drain in the middle of the room. Just a consideration.

Next, I'm with here2learn, thats a fantastic setup pencilhead! Thanks for sharing.

Can't wait to see how this room develops. Good luck Albino!

kalikisu said:
only thing missing is an iris scan. Now that is stealth.

Iris--hmmm. Name of next puppy? Looking at bull mastiff bitches. Iris ain't bad, now. Bet a 100 plus pound canine could pretty much scan what the hell she pleased.

Good point on the floor. I'm on concrete and tile so I don't even think about it. My local hydro shop guy sells tubs for a big number--I mean like 5' x 8' to 10' tubs.

Lowe's sells a sheet of like 1/16th" white plastic sheet goods with the paneling and crap. It's beautiful stuff--I lined my tile floor with it. I'm sure this isn't particularly green, but I sprayed the bejeezis out of it wih low tox buggie juice and tapped it sealed around the edges. Ain't caught no live ones in there yet and I haven't grown horns. Pyrethrins are pretty innocuous in my book--crunched up chrysanthinums bassically. I know, I wrecked the flower spelling--it's only like Friday at 5 something. This is FL, I been doing oysters and crummy American beer since 2. I've graduated to Newcastles and will excuse myself before I post while real duuurrunk.

Got bud coutesy of MP. Thanks.

Be safe on the asphalt, babies.

And, as always, watch your step as your getting off, kids.

sorry guys ive been at the new house the last couple days doing work and getting everything ready! sorry i havent been on, i still havent got the lumber yet as my foundation is not done! i will have a slab thats sloped on all side towards the middle and it will have a drain! my pots will sit right on the concrete and drain as needed! i just left my house right now cuz my whole house
& lot is getting sprayed with pyrethim! sorry i didnt seperatly qoute all you like i usually do but im in a hurry to get back my house and keep working as i want to get this done ASAP! i will be on tonight to let all you know wat the plan is and when its taking place and dont worry i will post a lot of pics during this build as its gonna happen fast so dont worry u will see the lights and babies soon!

i would get a rotweiler, i got 4! ive had other dogs and these are the best defensive guard dogs! imo

Looking forward to the photo's albino me ole mucker and your plan sounds good to me but bear in mind what stevie tosh said 'environment is the key to success'.

lol

Time4Plan-B

wat do you mean like ventalation, temp, ph of water??????

ventilation and rh/temps are the most important thing in setting up a grow room.

get all these dialed in as best you can then add your plants and dependant on whether your growing by hydro this will have higher levels of humidity than a soil grow.

so try to get your lights on and lights off temps as near as possible to each other with a drop of 10f max being the rule of thumb so effectively say lights on 75f lights off 65f minimum.

its all trial and error and you are constantly having to adjust things along the way as your plants get bigger transpire more so rh rises.

if you can afford a fan controller you can set this to do it all for your predetermined temperatures/rh.

ph ppm temps rh looking after your plants well pest control its all as important as each other.

good luck and show us some photos albino.

Time4Plan-B

hey everyone, how you all doing? ive been doing some projects at the new house getting ready for us to move in! gotta patch some drywall and hang some blinds and remodel my bathroom before im gettin in there so ive been hard at work lately! good news is concrete will be pured monday! bad news is im only going with a 10 x 12! i dont want to risk it getting fines and all! if its 10 x 12 you dont need a permit so i went with that route for now! im still a newb and need to get everything dialed in before i go big anyway! my plan still is to run 3 1000's if they'll fit! i got all my lumber and will be framed and have a roof on it by tuesday for sure! once the concrete is set im framing until its done!

as for the enviroment, what do you guys think?????

as of right now i got one 6 inch pos active air 306 cfm inline and a 12,000 btu portable ac! with 2 or 3 1000's and if i buy another inline i should be good with temps right????? im thinking maybe a 8 inch eclipse inline (700 - 800cfm) and 8 inch ducting to exhaust my lights and my active air inline to exhaust the top of the room by the ceiling!!!! im gonna make a drawing of my ideas tomorrow and see wat u guys think! im shooting for 75F max in the room!

wat kind of fan controller should i get? wat do i do. hook my fan up to it and it adjusts it from low to high or something????

oh ya heres some pics

also i got my seeds i ordered :cool:

first few pics are my room in place as where its gonna be and where the slabs gonna be! im gonna trim the two big bushes next to it in the pic!

the 4th pic is a room in the attic that might be a potential grow spot or maybe a clone or veg area!

the other pic is of in my bedroom of a 3x6ft closet that might be a personal grow op with a 600 or maybe another veg or clone area!

what you guys think????

New room and seeds 005.jpg

New room and seeds 002.jpg

New room and seeds 003.jpg

New room and seeds 004.jpg

New room and seeds 008.jpg

New room and seeds 006.jpg

New room and seeds 007.jpg

Looks to me you still have plenty to do, but you do have a load of space.

ya i do got a alot of space, i want to start a outdoor garden!

im just waiting on the slab, the guys flaked again today! SUPPOSILY they are coming tomorrow, once they do ill show u guys how fast i work solo!

wat u guys think, outswing door that swings outwards, or a inswing door that opens into the room??? im thinking a outswing so i can utalize all the space inside the room, but that also means the hinges for the door are on the outside too!!!!! what u think

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
ya i do got a alot of space, i want to start a outdoor garden!

im just waiting on the slab, the guys flaked again today! SUPPOSILY they are coming tomorrow, once they do ill show u guys how fast i work solo!

wat u guys think, outswing door that swings outwards, or a inswing door that opens into the room??? im thinking a outswing so i can utalize all the space inside the room, but that also means the hinges for the door are on the outside too!!!!! what u think

Swing the door the correct way.

Latest posts

Back