cadlak's Super Skunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadlakmike1

Reaction score
This will be my first grow journal but the second run of this strain. The strain is Super Skunk from Marijuana-seeds.nl. The last run I ran into issues getting the nutes dialed in, once I got it figured out it took forever to finish flowering, it was a true test of my patience. When it was all said and done I could not have been happier with the results, I got about two ounces dry off a plant about 20", I was happy with the yield, I only had one female.

I grow in Happy Frog soil plus extra vermiculite.
I use the entire Fox Farm nute line, both the liquid and the dry solubles.
400w MH conversion for veg, 400w HPS for flower, my grow area is just under 8 square ft.
I am using 5 gallon grow bags.
I use distilled water until I'm ready for nutes then I switch to ph'd tap water.

Here are some of my supplies and one of the buds from the last grow. That is a 25cent American quarter in the bottom of the pic to give it some scale.

DSCN0568.JPG

DSCN0589.JPG

DSCN0588.JPG

DSCN0587.JPG

Here are the plants. 6 plants in 4 bags, I didn't want to have to share a bag but I needed the room. I'm just getting over strep throat so they've been slightly neglected but tonight they are getting their first dose of half strength nutes.

DSCN0583.JPG

DSCN0584.JPG

DSCN0585.JPG

That nug is a piece of art my friend, good job. I ordered SSH and Purple Power from them. Although the Purple Power has a very fast flowering time, the SSH is 3 and a half months. I will feel like an eternity but if it comes out like that will be very very worth the wait. Trim that thing up man and take a picture of it to keep.

Thank you both for stopping by.

It was well worth the wait, I let it go until the trichs were ready, mostly amber, it took about 12 weeks and that bud weighed 17 grams dry. After it cured for a while it got really potent and just like the name implies, super skunky, that's why I'm gonna run it again. SSH? Is that Super Silver Haze? I have some of those seeds also, not sure when I'm going to use them though, I was thinking I might try them outdoors.

id love to see em indoors how they turn out. but hey their yours. your call man. your last grow was nice these will look even better.

Thank you thedonofchronic.I have too many other things I want to do indoor first. I have Lowryder2 and Mazar X Afghani seeds also, I want to grow the L2 soon, I've never even seen an autoflower grow in person, only on watched them on here, I'm really interested in it.

Nothing too excited to report. Like I said before, I use distilled water until I'm ready for nutes, then I switch to Ph'd tap water. They got their first dose of nutes the other night so tap water from here on out.

DSCN0604.JPG

He's a great dog, he's really quite friendly once you get to know him. He's leary of strangers though, but so am I.

cadlakmike1 said:
I know I always say not to let anyone in on your grow, but this is my partner in crime. He doesn't smoke, but helps me every step of the way...He is also head of security!

Aww, he looks very good at that security job. :D

This is a interesting grow to me, as yours and my setup are very similar. I have the same ballast, lights, nutes, bags, and sq ft as your grow. And we both have a partner in crime helping the grow along. I've got a mastiff pup that know's to much. lol

How do you like the 5 gallon bags so far? Have you used just the liquid nutes from FF, or have you always had the dry nutes as well?

Let me just say, I'm never opposed to learning something new so if anyone sees a missed opportunity, please don't hesitate to point it out if I haven't already addressed it (I wish I didn't have 2 plants in one bag but there is a reason) positive criticism is always welcome.

Lama, I use both the liquid and the dry stuff, but FF says not to use the dry stuff until flower. I follow their recommended nute schedule, I just start of half strength. The plants got their first dose of half strength nutes the other night and showed no signs of burning so I will bump it up on the next feeding. I only feed once or twice week depending on how tolerant the strain is. I ran into some problems dialing in how much nutes they wanted last grow and want to be a little more careful early on this go around.

I like grow bags, some people don't like them because they tear sort of easy, but I leave a few inches short of the top and roll the sides, mine are probably only 4 and a half gallon but they are movable if necessary. I like the fact that they are closer to rectangular because it really saves space in such a small area.

What kind of mastiff do you have? English, Bull, Italian(Cane Corso) or what? I like Mastiffs. I train dogs for a sport called Schutzhund, I can't say that I have ever worked a Mastiff, but I do like the breed. I would like to think my dog is a better theft deterrent than anything. I'm not worried about someone ripping off my grow, no one knows it exists, I just really like the breed and have had pit's since I was little. They get such a bad unjust reputation, in the right hands they are the most loving, faithful, loyal companion a man (or woman) could ask for. He is however, 108lbs, with a 23 inch head, SCH II, it sickens me to think that in the wrong hands someone might exploit him for his size and power.

If you look at the earlier pictures you can tell the plants were hungry, after just one feeding they have all turned a better color green. I will up my nutes next feeding, and if I have no burn after that they will be at full strength the feeding after that. My run off PH is metering at about 6.6 so I'm pretty happy, I worry about my dirt sometimes because I recycle some old dirt mixed with the new. About 25% old 75% new.

DSCN0614.JPG

DSCN0615.JPG

DSCN0617.JPG

A Fila, that's not a common dog, they look like huge bloodhounds right?

cadlakmike1 said:
A Fila, that's not a common dog, they look like huge bloodhounds right?

They look similar except for the ears. Plus my dog has a brindle coat.

Latest posts

Back