Cats out of the bag, i may be leaving you fine folks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JBonez

Would you keep growing, knowing you are putting your wifes freedom in jeopardy?

My wife had to tell her family, they came to visit for 4th of july, and "assumed" they would be staying with us, here in my home.

They didnt even consult with me prior to showing up.

BOTH of my spare bedrooms are being used, i could grow out of one room with all my tents, but i like the space to move about my grow and i keep things very tidy.

Well, at any rate the family was downright flabbergasted at the fact we couldnt have them here. My wife, bless her, broke down as shes been reeling from the stress anyways.

She told them everything!

This has been worst week of my life, im getting drilled hardcore by them and i feel like total crap, not sure what to do, my wife is thinking its time to call it quits.

I cant handle the stress this is bringing me and dont know what to do, i have to support my woman, if that means stopping immediately then i guess its what has to happen.

BTW, if i every did get caught, even tho im a veteran and it would be my first offense, i would do serious time, its my location that would pile on more charges, the amount i grow would be a slap on the wrist. Ill let you guys use your imagination.

Any advice?

Hang it Up! There's nothing and I mean nothing I would put before my family, it sound as though thats what you have to decide! Family or Growing to me its a simple answer, for others maybe not and to those people I pitty them as they are usually alone and miserable!

Phatpharmer

yeah, it just bums me out, because we werent so paranoid a week ago.

Just seems to me like the stress isnt worth it, and i know how much i need my wife, so the answer is clear cut, but some times, a sudden truth is hard to accept.

Sorry to hear the bad news brother, but it sounds like your mind is in the right place. I'm really glad to see I caught you before you left and at least got to say hi. Some times you just need to re-prioritize things and accept whats really important in life. Just keep this in mind, just because you quit growing, doesn't mean you have to quit forever...Judging by some of the awesome grows I remember you having, I'd assume you have a nice little stockpile set aside to tide you over for a while.

Maybe quit for now, and down the road scale down a little bit. I don't really miss smoking all the time so much, but man oh man I really miss growing. :(

Jbonez I not sure where you live but if its feesible just grow outdoors, I no lots of people that grow a couple LB's each summer and that last until the next summer! I don't think you'll have to quit completely just go to the outdoors! If you hurry you probally still have time for some Auto flowering strain to grow outdoors! Hopefully you can do something as I hate to see you give up a special hobby such as this one!

Phatpharmer

Phatpharmer

You can always grow another day. I went through a scare myself and had to clear out for months but things are back on the rise. As quickly as things can go bad we all know that the oppisite is true as well. My family and I have been lucky enough to move to a state with more freindly laws regarding growing. Best of luck. Remember - the laws are *** backwards, not what your doing.

This is really a bummer and I really feel for you. You understand what you have to do, but jeez, I just can't not say this, "What in the world was your wife thinking?" This is an offense that I personally would find really hard to forget (but then I am old and onery).

Good luck, JBonez--you have been an asset to our little community and you will be sorely missed.

I'm assuming some things here, but has your wife been behind you and supportive of your growing in the past? Has she had a change of heart because of recent circumstances? You're saying you're willing to put her in first place, so that show's your head and heart is in the right place. So, include her input when planning how the future is gonna go. Discuss the pro's and con's and decide what to do together. If the stress is just too much for her, ya gotta bite the bullet, Bro. But things have a way of working out sometimes...

i guess hang it up for a bit.. or like mike said, scale down.
may i ask what your wife thought before the family stuff? (does she smoke too?)
i mean, if your wife was happy with it and you're happy with it.. the rest be damned IMO
life's too short to worry and stress about others opinions. you and your wife (and kids if you have any) are all who's really matter.
if it is really bothering her (it shouldn't.. would it bug her/her family if you were brewing beer?) you need to talk. and yes, unfortunatly maybe shut things down.
but people you have to hide and lie to shouldn't have any effect on what you do or who you are IMO hopefully your wife will realize you've both done nothing bad and stop letting it bother her.
now if you think the family may nark, well that's obvious.

*note the IMO's; as my opinion is from a very different thought process than most. ;)

whatever happens, good luck m8 :)

good man
PS it will allow you a chance to plan a new and better grow area
down the road

JBonez Hopefully you will be able to make peace with the families and then get on with life as you want to live it. Good luck and Peace to you and your wife.

Remember just because you ain't growing at the time, you are welcome here, your knowledge is needed to help us all improve aour growing skills
:peace:

at least your taking this well an bein very mature about it. and most important you are not being selfish when you think of your family imo.
you a good man jbonez.
but like few have also said. if it were me. i wouldnt rule out growin completely. i'd find a strain thats well adapted for your climate etc an just move it outside even. but thats just me bro.
good luck in all you do.
keep us posted on wats goin on in your happenings man.
you tell your wife im sure we all think that shes got a stand up guy for a husband considering your concern and thoughts on the whole thing. and i hope she at least respects you for it.
keep it real man.

I feel for you to the fullest! My fiance's family want's to have the 4th at our house and I am telling her NO because of the same situaion! I have bought my parent's old house that my dad had built with his bare hand's and he knows every inch of this house! Mine is on A second floor but I do have 2 portable AC's running up there and you can hear A slight noise comming threw the floor.... I feel like A total douch bag because my parents havn't even been over for dinner, I just don't need the old man wandering off to see the changes I have made and stumble upon it! It would crush him!!!!

Jbonez- I respect that you are willing to make that decion! I would do the same myself....

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming support, there is a stain in my eye over this, towards the law, and you bet im not done growing, i was just getting the hydro thing down pretty good without a hitch, now i gotta chill out, ive been wanting to move..........

you are a man of honor j bonez, just cuase you quit growing doesnt mean you cant hang out here, come vist us sometime :)

Although I could never imagine giving that kind of information to anyone (especially family!), I can understand a girl feeling stress from her family. I really respect your decision. Just keep in mind, there are more people who now know that you have grown. I don't know about your wife, but I come from a family of big mouths.

I'm a newbie to this site, but just had to say that this bums me out. I'm sorry for the situation & truly, truly hope you can work it out, even if scaled down & at a buddies house, just to be involved. Best brah.

Latest posts

Back