Cheese breeding project (part 2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sick girl #9 coming along nicely with about 5-6 weeks to go so God knows what she'll look like then!:hubba:

DSC_0013.jpg

CSC_0008.JPG

CSC_0117.JPG

CSC_0077.JPG

CSC_0064-1.JPG

CSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0105.jpg

Nice, nice colours, looks like it will be covered in brown/orange by time its done.
Its already dripping with trich's too lol.

Great pictures as usual

Hi Newbud,

yeah man,Sick Girl #9 should make some cracking pics as she's trichilicious all over,main branches included and still has ages to go.

Jack Herer looks a bit girly in comparison! :hubba:

CSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0003.jpg

CSC_0006-1.JPG

A few shots of a coupla the other pheno's.Of the 9 I have 2 very indica dom pheno's which are the shortest by far and not very branched and would make good sea of green clones.I don't have any intermediates as the others are all typical sativa's in appearance,with Sick Girl#9 by far the most resinuous of the lot.:)

CSC_0043-1.JPG

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Looking good as expected but just being trying to get my head round why the pheno's are so clear cut, so to speak, one way or the other?
Is that a cross that has being separated into the two during breeding or?

You'l have to bare with me i not so good with the words lol and still learning all this, plus it gettin kinda late :)

Hi Newbud, :)

no,it's not both sides of the cross expressing themselves as the Cheese is recessive,meaning other strains will dominate in a first cross with Cheese and mask the traits,at least in the terpene profile/Cheese chemotype.

There may be Cheese expression expressed as regards shape,the physical appearance which is the main criteria for selection along with the high obviously.Also maturation time,pest resistance etc.

So I have 9 girls,7 sativa like,2 more indica but that isnt the true ratio as you need to plant more like a 100 plants to get a fairly accurate idea of the whole strain and a 1000 is better.

CSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

CSC_0043.JPG

CSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0045.jpg

Me likey, me want some to try, going to watch this one, who's cheese is this again, Im thinking of ordering these beans to play with. Love the trich formation on the sick girl, your now one of my heros.

Hi donkey,glad you likey :)

This is a cross of the Exodus Cheese x Sk#1,the start of a project to breed a strain with full on Cheese characteristics.

Once the first backcross is done and also my feminised (S1)(expresses as F2)Cheese,I'll have seeds going out as testers and you'll be very welcome to some of them.

They won't be the finished article but both lines should have true Cheese chemotypes within the population.

Ah! Just thought,I've done a selective pollination on certain girls,Sick Girl#9 included,so these are F2's so within that population the Cheese will be expressed and they'll be ready in 2-3 weeks so edit

DSC_0011.jpg

so your going all out, witht the breading project,
good to see,
so do you think you will be selling your strains off in the near future?

No,this is purely for the pleasure at the moment and I'm only on the second cross,although I've yet to give a detailed description of each of the 9 F1's,7 are turning out to look like carbon copies of the original clone,colour,particularly the purpling,branching and leaves,shape,serrations,...but...the Cheese chemotype isnt being expressed.

It is early days and I get a bit of menthol and fruityness but not the Cheese funk but I did'nt expect this anyway,the Cheese generally known to be recessive in a first cross but do temper that with the fact Sonic over at Breedbay is getting good reports of his Jungle Cheese expressing the Cheese chemotype strongly so yay(big up to ya Sonic!)and he'll be backcrossing which will defo reinforce the trait so it may increase the possible ratio of Cheese pheno's but with straight crosses it might not actually be possible to get the Cheese into a form where 100% of all seeds are the Cheese,just a certain percentage or ratio.

So thats an interesting observation methinks as I defo have strong physical similarities with these 7,the other 2 are Skunk#1 in appearance,so I'm thinking there may be a 50/50 split as regards phenotypical appearance,because it's not a 7:2 ratio,that's just the number of plants I have and I think it's more likely an even split,can't say for sure but that doesn't hamper me anyway.

edit

But I'd be grateful if some folk would grow them out as testers,particularly those who know the real Cheese and so get objective feedback.

First Cheese/Sk#1 x Cheese/Sk#1 F2 seed,not for use in upcoming crosses at present but it's good to have them and all will be stored noting details of individuals.

CSC_0002.JPG

CSC_0008.JPG

I've modified the reflectors and 2 are now vertical as my grow is 2 tier,the first cross is about 80-90cm and the Cheese clones about 20cm so by hanging vertically and having tall girls on one side both lots of plants are nearer to the light so I'm quite pleased with that. :)

CSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

looks good man,
how much height do you have in your growroom?

I've quite a bit of room swiftgt mate.The plants are sitting on pots to match the height of the Wilma unit but I can cope with a 5 foot plant and have had sativa's over 6 foot easy,just bend them back into the light and if the tops arent directly illuminated they still swell up nicely anyway.:watchplant:

Second Wilma should be arriving tomorrow after over 2 weeks delay(grr!) and then the 4th 400w hps will be fired up and the room will be fit to bursting,but no plant more than 3 feet so good light top to bottom hopefully.

DSC_0028-1.jpg

looks like your grow space is about the same size as mine so!
i have a bit of space to fill my flower room but my veg shelf is almost full,
but as soon as my veg plants are just abit bigger i can take cuttings and sex them, and ill have about half my veg space back,
prob just in time to start your f2's!

Hi again swiftgt,yeah,space,oh for more room!:angrywife:

But meanwhile back at the ranch,a few pics of pheno's 7# and 8#.

Schtarting to get a bit schticky.:hubba:

CSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0021.jpg

CSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

CSC_0033.JPG

...absolutely stellar photography too...

Many thanks for the compliment Hick. :)

Well they are about 8 1/2 weeks 12/12 from seed and I estimate they look about 5-6 weeks into flowering of a 10-11 weeks strain.

Just a guestimate really but reckon they have maybe 35 days to go.

CSC_0028.JPG

CSC_0033.JPG

CSC_0070.JPG

CSC_0038.JPG

CSC_0086.JPG

CSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

I've converted a washing machine into a cabinet for my mum's and breeding males.

Dr Who might have a Tardis but I've got a Wash-dis! :)

Me washing machine be da shiznit,me pimps it up!:p

Pic of seedling is 1 of 3 Shebergan.They are very slow to establish themselves.

CSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0038.jpg

CSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0001.jpg

CSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

Latest posts

Back