Clone question.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentenced

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

i just dont understand the whole cloning thing

lets say iv started my plants from seeds, i do not know witch is female b4 i went into 12/12 so i cant really take clones b4 that

then iv heard you dont take clone in flowring stage at all so how will know what plant to clone from???

so im all confused

HELP :)

Take clones from all b4 you flower and mark them so you know which are female. I have taken clones from a flowering plant, it takes longer to recover and sometimes does not work at all, but if you have no choice, go for it. Good luck.

actually you can take clone cutting from flowering, i am doing this right now ...u just cut the clone as u normally would and then put them under a light for 24/0 or 18/6 and let them revegetate and grow new sproutings or shoots.when u clone a flowering plant it just takes a little longer for the lcone to take root than it would if u are just cloning a plant that isnt flowering.

when u start from seed you should grow ur seeds on 24 hours of light or 18 hours of light,once they get a month or 2 months old, take a clone or 2 or 3 clones or how ever many u want and put the clones in ur flowering room on 12/12 and see what sex they are(male or female) then u will know if ur seed plants are male or female and then u will also know if u have a mother plant to clone off of..then grow ur mothers a little longer, take cuttings from them and leave them under 24/0 until they are big enough to put into flowring and bud them out also..if done right u can be harvesting every 2 months..just dont EVER BUD UR MOTHER PLANT UNLESS U TAKE A CUTTING AND USE IT AS A MOTHER..but make sure ur cutting lives or u will lose ur strain...good luck to you

Hey guys thanks alot for your answers

as i understand right, ill wait for my plants to be big enoug then ill move them to my 12/12 room. when ill see famels (wile in flowreing stage) ill take clones from her, and just make me a new famle so ill just repat that, - diffrent mother every cycle but ill know for sure its a famles.

that if you are really sure that its ok to takes cutting from a female plant wile in flowreing stage

Sentenced said:

as i understand right, ill wait for my plants to be big enoug then ill move them to my 12/12 room. when ill see famels (wile in flowreing stage) ill take clones from her, and just make me a new famle so ill just repat that, - diffrent mother every cycle but ill know for sure its a famles.

that if you are really sure that its ok to takes cutting from a female plant wile in flowreing stage

You can its not ideal because of the re-vegg.

You can do it alot of ways.
Once you have a female you can just grow it for clones, keep at 18\6 lighting. Take and root new clones with the mother then flower in the flower room, 12\12 lighting.

You could take clones now flower your plants and get rid of any male clones and grow out a mother plant.

You can take clones now, if big\mature enough and flower them, just cut and put under 12\12. they can determine the sex your current plants now.

If your plants are mature enough, alternating nodes, you can look for preflowers and sex your plants in vegg.

Its generally not a good idea to take a clone of a clone for too many generations so its better to keep a mother in vegg.

Sentenced said:

i AM NO expert.. how old are your seedlings????
around 4-6 wks they should sex,or altleast show lil pre flowers..
like buddy said there take a couple cuttings from each plant make sure to mark them, so you know which clone is from which plant.. and stick them on 10/14 lighting or 12/12 you should get your fems from your males....

you can take clones/cutting from a flowering plant but the greef comes with it as well.... hermi is the word. .. you have more chances of making herm clones then you do having a stable fem.. IMHO this way if you screw up your only killing a couple cuttings not your host plant....
LH

EDIT:: well i see grow dude beat me to the answering... but i will agree with him... the reveg isnt ideal..

just to show you guys that im not so close to flowering stage any way

so pics of my plants (sorry best view if downloaded)

right now i have one room for cloning withc has 18/6 light

and the flowering room witch has 400w lamp

im afreid the plant will be too big when ill flower cuz ill have to wait until i can even take a clone, then let them flower

2nd , how long it takes to a plant to develop enoug space to even be eable to bring any clones?
cuz when i look at my plants they look really far from even bringing any clones

Yep they won't flower anytime to soon ! i'd take cuttings from them in 2 months and then you'll know what you've got anyway ! Take care !

Take your pics off image shack, not a good idea.

Get that light as close as yo can without burning the top of your hand, start at 24" Thre stretching.

take clones from every plant and mark them.
flower all the mothers
any plant showing its a boy go back and toss the clones from it.

its simple.

Sentenced said:
just to show you guys that im not so close to flowering stage any way

so pics of my plants (sorry best view if downloaded)

I have removed your links. Pictures should be posted directly to this site.

so "Cloning stage" always comes b4 flowreing stage right?

people clone during flower or atleast in the early stages, but it is ideal to take the clones during Veg , allow the plant 7-10 days to heal, then put them into flower.
once they show sex throw out the clones whose mother is a father.

how can you take clones in the early stages? they only have a few leafs

purplephazes said:
Yep they won't flower anytime to soon ! i'd take cuttings from them in 2 months and then you'll know what you've got anyway ! Take care !
Yeah that ! AGAIN ! You've only got 4 sets of leaves dude ! Click on the grow in my signature and look at how big the mother plants were that i took clones from ..And my clones are going strong !

I only take my cuttings during flower. It just works for me. They seem to root better, but do take longer to start new reveg growth. I must have went thru 30 cuttings before i tried it during flower with immediate success.

i dont understand

isnt nothing will come out from the main brentch (clone) till there like 3 mounths old???? and only then put them in flowreing stage?? isnt that will make me 3 meter plants??

When do you think he will be in a stage where i could take clones of it??

תמונה0018.jpg

תמונה0019.jpg

gotta gettem bushy, ur lacking something or they wouldnt be so tall and skinny...another month or 2 atleast

Latest posts

Back