container size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyannas son

Reaction score
well first off this is my first post in months but anyway i would like to get some input on what size containers i should use this will be my 4th grow,all 3 ive done have had successful harvests i would just like to here what people prefer to use ??? ive done 5 gal up to 18 gal...
what should i use i will be in veg for close to 4-5months because its way way to hot here to start them later on in the season so i have get em going early enough to get them well established to the conditions where i live the average summer temp is around 110-112 but ive done it 3 times,one of my last grows hit 120degrees
oh yeah and im not to worried about size i want some big ol green bushes:hubba: also im not able to start them inside under lights at all just to let you know :joint:...

bombbudpuffa said:
Why not put them in the ground?
i have very limited space as far as putting them in the ground goes i planned on putting about 3 in the ground in the space that i do have as soon as my plants start showing sings of sex,but i would also like to have about 2 nice size container bushes ...

I have grown 10 foot sativas in 5 gallon pots no problem, and 3 gallon is fine for indicas.

imo i would go with the bigger pots. the more room for roots the bigger the plant. i have been growing outside a few years and noticed when i veg for that long the roots outgrow the pot and this is a pot thats about 15 gal. so you decide because you are the one thats gonna transplant once it gets to that stage

Dyannas son said:
i have very limited space as far as putting them in the ground goes...

ur lucky... usually its the other way round for most as well as myself.. lol good luck tho.

IMO go as big as you can lift, without hurting yourself, so as to be able to move them around your area. the larger the root area the better the plants can use the water and nutes you feed the them.

Latest posts

Back