Diluted nutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yumyumbubblegum

The Beez Kneez
Reaction score
When I DO start to feed the girls 1/4 strenghth how many feedings do I do that for? and second a couple of the girls look a little on the light green side - maybe it is just me but I still have a week before they are 2 weeks old - I will take pics and post them to my journal. Any ideas/suggestions?:confused:

yes, I know that BUT when I do start feeding how many do I do as 1/4 strength?

Normally your seedlings shouldn't need feeding for about two to three weeks after they sprout.

Start out with the diluted dose and give them more as they seem to need it. If you start feeding at 1/4 strength and they take it well, but seem to want more, then start giving them more.

Recently I started my seedlings on a diluted dose, but they were behaving like they wanted more, so I gave them another diluted dose the next watering. After two feedings in a row I still wasn't satisfied that they were getting enough, so I fed them a third time in a row, and this time I gave them the full recommended dose.

I'm using Fox Farm liquid fertilizers at the moment, and I find that these FF liquid fertilizers can sometimes be used at full strength from the very first feeding.

When feeding some people wait for signs of nutrient deficiencies before fertilizing. If you feed your plants and you notice a little nutrient burn, then your plants have enough fertilizer for the time being and you need to lay off them for awhile.

It depends on the phenotype, the colour; so your plants may well be - and probably are - perfectly healthy.
I have noticed that my indicas tend to a light green especially when grown from seed and young, the sativas are a dark olive-green even when small.
Also, a 50-50 hybrid was light green but grew like a sativa.
So I wouldn't be worried. But DO send PpIcS!:postpicsworthless:

in soil i never feed my plants until they are 2-3 weeks old.i used ff soil and nutes when i was soil growing.after they get a decent root syatem you can bump them up.i never reached the full dose of nutes in my soil grows.

yeah keep your nute dose below what it says on the bottle,always best too give less :)

Latest posts

Back