DWC Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lezbein

Reaction score
Got this DWC about 3 to 4-ish weeks old. Seems slow growing to me. The bottom leaves are turning yellow. What am I doing wrong?

Just to mention as well, I gave the plant some miracle grow about 3 days ago (I know it burns the plant, I saw the beginning of this problem the day after) so I switched it to Dayna Grow just 2 days ago and the bottom leaves got worst. I figured some MG was left over perhaps in the soil.

So today the plant was flushed with plain water -not distilled- and I took out the nutes in the res. So it's just sitting there w/o any nutes now. I plan on re giving the nutes tomorrow or when the leaves looks better. So now I want it to go through a regular water feed, straight tap or maybe distilled would be better.

Is there anything else I'm doing wrong? Anything that I could better under my conditions?

Side Question:
The water level is right at the bottom of the pot so this allows wick action to take place untill roots show. Is this done right?
How long 'till the roots start to show? Should this have already happened? I see none yet.

P.S. The medium is dirt and gravel. Fish gravel I have to admit, and I have to work w/ it as best I can since the growth already started. I figure I'll keep going and see what I can get or alter something else for the sake of this problem. Didn't know this before, hydrotron is what I'll use next time. Perhaps straight soil?

MJ DWC16.jpg

MJ DWC17.jpg

MJ DWC18.jpg

MJ DWC19.jpg

MJ DWC21.jpg

plants to young for fert. Stay with plain water or 1/4 strength fert at most.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the res w/ Dyana Grow was half strength. Perhaps it's still too much w/ or w/o the miracle grow. Gotta be nute issue?

what are u using mg for?you need to be using hydro nutes.and from the looks of your plant,it is too young for nutes to start with.if you do,give it a 1/4 strength.ouch

Latest posts

Back