first grow and new camera.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i forgot to mention this process my filtered water goes through.
1.Ion exchange pretreatment
2.High capacity sediment prefiltration
3.Micro fine sediment prefiltration
4.Granular activated carbon
5.Reverse osmosis
6.Post carbon filtration
7.Ultraviolet disenfection
this is what they list as there filtering process.any thoughts on people that know what any of this means?

so here is the next day of the new problem areas...seems its starting to turn a bit neon again(nonsense the spread of the deficiency was all over and now its only concentrated to these 2 fan leaves across from each other???)so i dont know what the hell is going on.you can see in one of the pics theres a little leaf behind the big fan leaf that is starting to brown.

DSCN0798 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0799 [800x600].JPG

Are your roots getting root bound. The container looks small for the plant. Course I cant see it real good so I might not be seeing it properly. Sorry,,just asking.:rolleyes:

Nice hawaiian punch pot. I wouldn't think your root bound. Unless its affecting most of the plant I personally wouldn't worry. Leaves die and fall off just how it goes.

yeah ive seen some of the random leaves falling off but when i see leaves eating themselves and leaves doing something similar but taking a different stroll down the park to get that way i wonder whats going on.the leaves eating themselves i see alot now because of the recent clones ive been taking so im familiar with that as well as the leaves eating themselves when it happened on my plants the first time.then the plants took on the MG or S deficiency which they turned neon green and died off into a reddish/burgandy color.then these fan leaves are browning then neoning out.so just more things i have to get down...im not worrying to much as ive gotten this far with about 30 whole dollars spent on the total grow itself.so im pretty confident i just dont want the plant to crap out 4 weeks into flower...so far problems are on a steady rise to the top.and im thinkin between now and 7 weeks i dont know if it will have enough leaves to consume or how it will affect my buds by then ya dig? things i will all come to understand im sure.im think im gonna put 2 more of these seeds in germ with 4 random bagseeds on monday.

oh yeah the mother is 25 inches tall ill get more measurements tomorrow.sleep time in the room right now so i must wait.i dont even know what symptoms of root bound are? it might be that the plant is pretty much outshining its pot thats for damn sure...

so yeah,ill just come out with it.all 4 of my new clones are starting to form root bumps.remember this water is well over due i dont doubt.but its 20 days old,same water i used for the last 2 clones which in 9 days i finally put in a medium and are just not starting to finally show an excellent root structure.the 4 in the water are 11 days since cut and they are just now showing bumps.so nothing but an old ice cream bucket some water ph'd between 6.1 and 6.5(according to a drip solution you pour in the water to change colors to determine ph)and some patience and im sure you can achieve the same results.i think almost 3 weeks and 6 clones with just a bucket of water is pretty good.ill put some pics up 2morrow when i get around to it.also buds are looking frosty as hell.and the 2 clones i took are showing there new growth since the cut and there looking good.seems to all be going well.went to home depot and some garden shops to do some real research on future work.got some nice ideas but still ill about the lumens i need and the cost for making it cheaper to operate.i think im going to hunt for a ballast for an hps and buy a socket and bulb.anyone know what kind of socket or devices id need besides a ballast and bulb?like i said some pics tomorrow,later.

the rest of the update...clones new growth,some of mothers bottom half with some more top half...she is a beauty up top wouldnt you say?down below is a sad reminder of the past and how bad things are...all i know is my ph is 6.0 or below on both plants and my water is around 6.5,i know the salt in the sand affected it im sure,but not as to wether if it dropped or raised my ph.any tips on lowering or raising my ph if so?

DSCN0835 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0837 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0839 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0840 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0841 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0844 [800x600].JPG

so yeah quick update with no pics sorry :)....all 4 new clones took about 14 days ago in the same water as the original 2 clones i took are doing great...they almost seem to be putting out more roots than the original 2...anyways the water is about 4 weeks old,proving my method of absolute cheapness haha.it was my roommates ice cream so i payed only $1.35 for my cloner pretty much(35 cents being the cost for the water and a dollar for electrical tape)which is fantastic.also after putting the ladies to bed and checking my clones that are well rooted and are now well on there way to being some bushy ladies are doing GREAT.they look so lovely.saturday might be the day when i get some pics after i get off work.until then later.

papabeach1 said:
damn!!! I got like 18 tomatoes in my DWc none of them has bloom any tomatoes.. damn... aint that way too fast? guano works the wonders?

:rofl:

i might do an update with some pics monday.sorry for nothing saturday,just to damn busy.but everything is going GREAT.plants and clones look fantastic.i mean it doesnt look PRETTY but you know what i mean by doing great,buds are stinkin,clones are rooting and other clones are growing like crazy:)

so yeah here is some pics of the main cola on my mother and one of my clones.which due to the lights that i acquired halfway through my first plants cycle are making it mad bushy instead of stretchy like its predecessor.so once again everything is great,waiting on the results of the flush on my mother.but the results on that wont be for another week or so.the 2 plants in flower are doing well and the mother having its minimal problems which i flushed,the 2 clones i took 3 an 1/2 weeks ago are doing fantastic.and last but not least the 4 clones i took 2 an 1/2 weeks ago are doing really well.i just transplanted 2 of the 4 into soil yesterday and there roots were about an inch long when i placed them in the soil.the other 2 clones are growing mad root spots but no real root sticking out yet,just a ton of white balls grouping to form what looks like one massive root.so another couple days in the cloner and they will be good to go.then the 100% success rate will continue to maintain.the mother is 2 weeks into flower and the other close ups are from my plant 4 weeks into flower.also that one pic of the cola where it looks like its pregnant is nice,looking fat:D but the reason there are so many shots of it is because one,im obsessed and two because its from different angles.but thanks for checking in.later

DSCN0889 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0888 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0892 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0895 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0897 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0901 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0909 [800x600].JPG

thanks im trying to do my best with what little i got.ive spent a total of about 40 bucks on this grow and now have 2 nice flowering plants and 6 clones that will be ready for flower when my mother gets done flowering.so everything is going good.this actually happened kinda fast.i germinated the seeds expecting them to take about a week or 2 to germinate.and the very next day they started cracking,so with no money and my job starting in 2 months i was like oh no,cause i had no money or a job to bring in money for light,soil,ect.but in the end i ended up gettin rid of some dank for a month to pull in the money to get the bills,lights and everything else i needed to make this what it is today.but now that i started working im able to put money into this like i want to.its gonna take a minute though,i still have some bills to catch up and get paid every 2 weeks :( . but once thats out of the way im going to go to the hydro store about an hour and 45 minutes away and try to get something real.im not going to grow hydro,just gonna try and get some rockwool and some nutes and maybe some other things.but that will not be until spring.i think im gonna do a year round grow journal,you know keep with this flower and keep up with the clones and the transition in my soil and blah blah blah ya know?hopefully everything will continue on this good path.i use to know a bunch(not everything) when i was a little punk in high school,but that was a while ago and my knowledge kinda flushed on it like where you parked when you go shopping kinda deal ya dig?but being on this site has refreshed my mind and im learning new things everyday.so i plan on sticking around and learning as much as i can as well as helping anyone i can.im still pretty new so my knowledge bank is still refreshing but im sure after spring when i harvest ill be chock full of crap:p . but thanks for checking my buds out and appreciate the comments.

well for only spending 40 dollars on this grow that is very impressive. Listening to you talk about being able to drive to a hydro shop makes me want to be able to do that even more. I have to order everything offline no hydro shop near me. :eek:

ok since seeing the previous post the cost has increased a little bit....actually a little over half of what original is.i got paid friday and paid up on some bills and actually invested on the grow room.im now flowering with my MH,fluros and a new hps i got friday.ill get some pics up monday when i get the room cleaned up.but figured id update since its been a couple days for those following...remember i acquired these buds with the initial 40 bucks.but now over the next month i should see a REAL difference with the money i invested this past week.see ya tomorrow,hopefully haha.later

so yes i know it has been awhile,but ive been going through some stuff that puts the whole fun of hanging out all day and socializing about my plants and updating on this site on hold.but here i am,1 week away from harvest on my not so shining star and 2-3 weeks from my mother being harvested.i have new clones that are obviously showing off the lights that i have acquired over my time of growing,and some new ideas about where to go with my room.obviously i never did build the room i talked about in my first few days of posting this journal,but im trying to get it down to a T.for it is coming,and when it does these clones i have now will be full time mothers until i get about 20 clones out of them.now that i have the basics down and kinda understand most everything i need to know and also understand the problems i have faced i think i am ready to go.once i have it all figured out it will definitely be in full swing,and i promise a much better journal this time around.for i have my 400 watt hps ballast on the way this week and many other things are being fixed to help complete what i think will be my ongoing set up for the next year.so until then enjoy the daily,weekly or bi weekly updates and then in about 6 months time youll have a much different opinion.thanks to those who shared there time with me and those who browse on through checking it out.i will have more pics tomorrow.
BIG P.S.my mother hermied due to roommates incompetence,well mine really.i have to move them as of now from light to dark everyday,and ive been doing a damn good job.but i went out one night and he was drunk and totally didnt close the door to keep the light out and light was shining on her ALL NIGHT long.needless to say she has what look like shiny green seeds forming in the main cola.i will and have been trying to post pics for the past week to show early signs of hermie and what to look for just for the benefit of the site.i WILL have those tomorrow for sure.so thanks again for checking in,later.

DSCN1006 [800x600].JPG

DSCN1011 [800x600].JPG

DSCN1015 [800x600].JPG

DSCN1024 [800x600].JPG

Latest posts

Back