First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nice lady at the Hydro store explained to me about the lummins and the heat and how many CFL bulbs you would need to produce the same lummins. I'll shut up about it now.

I bought FF Ocean Forest, some perlite and some organic top soil (Dr. Q's Filthy Rich Potting Soil) I also picked up some rockwool cubes, GH floraMicro, GH PH Control Kit, Moisture meter,PH meter, soil test kit, Schultz insect spray, more root jel, Iron & soil acidifier, a trowel, a turkey baster, spray bottle, squeeze bottle, and a large storage container for mixing the soil. I believe I am almost ready.

I didn't get anything in the mail except the package from my cousin -- she did me good -- nice stony indica -- I am real happy.

Peace

Late last night I went out on the deck and noticed an ice-chest floating by, so I snagged it, and it was just full of fancy stuff to drink like perrier water -- some rich folk must have let it get away from them. It's nice here at night -- quiet and the lights shinning off the water -- the moon sets dead ahead of me -- beautiful.

Last night I made a new batch of soil -- FoxFarm, perlite, etc. I also learned how to adjust PH and made the lake water safe. The plants look good -- no stretch and green, growing like weeds. I was given a book by a local guy called, "The Grow Book -- how it all works" This guy owns a hydro store he bought from the profit off his MJ grows. He pretty much says everything I have already heard in here, but he claims that plants need to have the lights turned off for a while every night. "Plants do the opposite of photosynthesize during their photo dark period, they transport chemicals and enzimes throughout the night repairing and preparing for tomorrow just like humans do." He doesn't give the science to back up this statement, but it just sounds right to me -- what do you think? My Cuz is going to attempt to send me some clones in the mail. Has anyone ever done this? Can it be done? Will be interesting to see what I get. Have a great day people.

Okay, I get it. In vedge they don't need to repair -- they need to grow and grow -- they will get their sleep time when they are turned.

HemperFi said:
Last night I made a new batch of soil -- FoxFarm, perlite, etc. I also learned how to adjust PH and made the lake water safe. The plants look good -- no stretch and green, growing like weeds. I was given a book by a local guy called, "The Grow Book -- how it all works" This guy owns a hydro store he bought from the profit off his MJ grows. He pretty much says everything I have already heard in here, but he claims that plants need to have the lights turned off for a while every night. "Plants do the opposite of photosynthesize during their photo dark period, they transport chemicals and enzimes throughout the night repairing and preparing for tomorrow just like humans do." He doesn't give the science to back up this statement, but it just sounds right to me -- what do you think? My Cuz is going to attempt to send me some clones in the mail. Has anyone ever done this? Can it be done? Will be interesting to see what I get. Have a great day people.

Well, he doesn't give the science because there is none. Marijuana is in a class of plants that does NOT need dark during its vegetative period. This is botany and is backed by science.

Repair what? Plants carry "chemicals" nutrients, etc, when they photosynthesis.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Well, he doesn't give the science because there is none. Marijuana is in a class of plants that does NOT need dark during its vegetative period. This is botany and is backed by science.

Repair what? Plants carry "chemicals" nutrients, etc, when they photosynthesis.

Glad your still hangin with me THG. You are no doubt right, and I'm keeping them on 24/7. My tent came today. I've moved the babies to the other side of the room and am in the proces of building a stand to hold the CFLs so I can raise and lower them over the plants. It was 108 today (in the shade), but it is staying under 80 here in the boat. I will update some pictures in a day or two when I get everything set up. I should get the lights tomorrow. I'm having a great time with this project.

Peace

Looking forward to seeing your updated pics.

I always found it easier to raise and lower my plants than it was to raise and lower my lights.

Hi guys :cool: :holysheep: I was reading about the lights runnig 24/7... well I read in the indoor bible that plants can use up to 18 hrs some grower run the lights 24 hrs but it doesnt seem to make a difference. now on my clones I keep the lights on 24 hrs I usually run my veggin room 18hrs just because its expensive when ur bill is like 350 but yeah some people do it 20hr/4dark who knows who right:rolleyes: ONLY god ;) GREEN MOJO ur way brotha:icon_smile:

Thanks Dr. You are so right -- who knows? I will leave them on all the time until I get nthem turned -- I have no electric bill, just a 400 a month slip fee. If they put a meter on me I'll rethink the situation. I spent the day building a grow box for clones and seedlings and erecting a grow tent I got in the mail today. I'm running out of room in the back of the boat. The tent was a little bigger than I thought it would be in there, but I got it up. Now to figure out how to keep it cool in there with 600w Mh and HPS lights burning. It's tight against the celing and one wall, so I guess I can vent it out the one side where there is room. I'll figure it out. I'm going to get high and then go to bed -- I'm beat - take it easy

I can absolutely tell the difference in my plants when I run the lights 24/7 as opposed to 18/6. The plants run on 18/6 have larger internodal spacing and are not as bushy. Regardless of what the indoor bible says, we KNOW (from science) that marijuana is in a class of plants that does not need a dark period and it is of no benefit to provide one. Darkness during veg encourages stretch and requires one to veg longer. You are not actually saving money, you are just stretching the vegging period over more days.

Here they are -- ad as much of the room as I can shoot without extreem wide angle -- Comments are way welcome.

100_0312.JPG

100_0316.JPG

100_0318-1.JPG

100_0320.JPG

They have a slow growth for one week and a half or two weeks but after that they start going nicelly.

If you live in a boat i bet that humidity is a question. You are sorrounded by water. You need more fans ( or better ones ) inside the tent for flowering and perhaps some dehumidifier. Bought the hygrometer ? How is RH ?

Looking good :aok:

The humidity here ranges between 5% and 15% depending -- unless it rains (rare) I'm not concerned about RH right now. I think it is fine. Today's forcast said it would be 10%.

Yeah, pretty slow growth, but I'm hoping with this new light, sitting here still in the unopened boxes, I will be able to bring on a storm of growth. I gotta open these up....

It's like Christmas here today. Everything came from HTG I was expecting. I have a couple of questions: First, I bought a "Growbright 6" inline duct fan. Is 160 CFM enough to cool this 72,000 lumin MH light bulb? And second, which end of the light does it go on? -- does it suck or blow?

I always use my inline fan to pull (suck) air from my tents....the negative pressure keeps odors at bay. You said it is a 6 inch inline fan and only 160 cfm? That seems low because my 6 inch is about 450 cfm....

or does it go right on the cooltube? It fits right on it.

Latest posts

Back