First time using an Aerocloner..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, cool Balzo. I am putting together something similar right now. I had ordered an E-Z Clone 6 port manifold a while ago and started setting it up yesterday. I cut 2" net pots in the same way to hold the neoprene inserts. I don't quite understand your pump setup? I am using a submersible that will be in the bucket. In winter, I actually need the heat from the pump to help warm the water. I am doing a test run as I type to check water temps. I have had some problems cloning lately, so am hoping that I get as good as results as you did!

THGeeee

How much water does the EZ hold? Bought a $20 dollar Betta bowl heater, doesn't have a temp dial or anything and it keeps my 2gallons at a constant 74. Phones about to die will explain my pump setup in a minute :)

So in the pic, ive got two of those heaters; when i was at the store i figured it was better to spend double and have more than enough heat/an extra than buy one and need to go out again. After putting them both in and letting it run for a few hours, it was well over 80 so removed the second and it leveled off at exactly 74. My room temp is lucky to hit 50F..

Got the pump off Amazon for like 15bucks, PVC runs out the exhaust (top) up and through the simple pluming and then comes to the cap at the end. Got the M side threaded, and the cap works as a regulator for my spray :)

thats it!

C+Gv

View attachment IMG_20150219_115150552.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150206_160421092.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150206_153606258.jpg

there's a real good chance the submersible pump will be generating enough heat to keep that water a good temp without the additional heater---does it also cool the water if it rises above a selected temp?

Negative, and my pump is never on for more than 25min at a time (will post my timer settings after I finish the batch). Maybe that's enough to generate some heat but literally everytime I check the temp it's always the same.
:vap-Bong_smoker:

What's up MP

No pics today as I'm kinda busy but here's my quandary..

13 cuttings; you can see the previous posts for pics, and after 1+1/2 weeks all cuttings on the inside "ring" (7) have rooted, and grown extreme mass. On Friday I switched the inside and outside rings and now the other cuttings are beginning to catch up..

So, I have two variables that could have caused the slow root time for the outside 6..

A- although my water temp is 74, I believe that the outside air (50) is bringing down the plastic buckets temp and therefore the extremities of the air inside the bucket (where the outside rings cuttings hang) is less, and therefore, slowing the root development. Like i said earlier all 13 have grown "preroots" being the gray/white bulbous growth on the ends of the stems, so growth is still present, just not extremely active.

B- Strains. The inside 7 are my "NB" clones and the 6 are my "DB" clones. Both bagseed, so there is potential for both strains to be a match but I have no idea. Unsure as to whether or not strains difference can impact cloning times this drastically (I'm calling 4 days; where half my cuts are borderline transplant time and the other might have about 50% of the 6 showing their first taproot, drastic)..

Uneducated guess would be option A, but let's see what the brains have to say.

C-Gv

Different strains do clone differently, like Larry OG, is hard to clone and takes some time, however some strains clon just saying the word clone! My concern is wether or not the outside ring is getting sufficient spray from the aero cloner. I know with my aero cloner there are a few spots where clones don't get sufficient spray, so I'm having to swap em out as well! But all of your hypothesis could be warranted legit, now you need to do some further trials and figure out which is the culprit! Good luck!

Thx for stopping by, High :)

My sprays are legit always checking the cuts every couple days to make sure they're all nice and drippy.
Thinking its the temp, not much i can do for the ones that haven't rooted yet besides leave them in the cloner.

That being said, don;t think i can leave the rooted ones in any longer, thrown a few pics up to show the change in root growth over just a few days :)

Transplanting into the 2" jiffys, huge fan. The roots will probably show through in a day and then they will go on to something bigger and better later on, also made a new shelf to house a max of 26 2" pots (I'm making a second cloner before spring time) + 5 4" pots.

C+Gv

View attachment IMG_20150218_113808758_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150220_182724121.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150216_220020907.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150220_182503467.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150218_113651496.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150220_182644518.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150225_221806150.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150225_222131155.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150225_222328846.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150225_224519844.jpg

Latest posts