First time grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm back again with another update, I finally got my light and have it up and running. Also some pics for you guys (Yay!). She is looking OK, but not as good as she should but hopefully this will help her green up a bit lol. Also today I am starting my 12/12 because I know she is ready to go so thanks guys for all your help so far and wish me luck with the next half of the process.

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

Went out to feed my baby and took a couple quick pics of the leaves, a few of the leaves, mosty toward the top of the plant looks as you can see in the pics... The ones on toward the bottom are alot more greener but abit yellowish just doesnt look that bad toward the bottom.... Maybe a few ideas on why? I know ive kept her alive and growing this long so it cant be to bad lol.:icon_smile:

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

And so here I am again and back with pics for those of you curious on the progress of my baby, shes looking good I think so far!

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

Also a quick question about one I got growing on the bottom of the stalk, dont know if I should be worried or not... Its just the ONE branch that looks like this, kinda looks underwatered? Dont really understand myself maybe a little help please??

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Lack of light on the bottom branch, it seems. I've had bottom branches that did this, I started thinning out the bottom (lollipop of sorts) and have not had many like that since.

So what do you think I should do? My plant is VERY short and bushy unlike most plants I see in pics and my stalk is very thick unlike most plants I see lol. Ive seen a couple lolipopping videos, should I do this and trim or should I just move my light a little closer? The lights about 22" away now at the moment.

I would cut that branch away as it is acting like a sucker on the plant. Those low branches that form under the bigger canopy just don't get enough light to do well enough and end up draining energy from the upper part of the plant. Just reach in with the scissors and snip it back.

It looks like it is really doing well. I think the odd coloring that you had earlier in slide 83 seems to be gone. It looked like coloring that comes from being in cool air for awhile, or the plant started getting too cold at night. But it seems to have fixed itself. She is definitely very stout and bushy, I'm suprised she hasn't stretched some just from being in bloom cycle (unique phenotype most likely. if it stays that way to finish, it would be a good cross candidate for some that stretch bad). :)

Thanks Hushpuppy, I actually decided to lolipop her and i took off those bottom branches. I also think that coloring was from getting cold at night but I now have a heater in there with her keeping it around 78... Im thinkin its around 72 or so during the day when its in the dark period. Also she has grown slighty maybe 3 inches or so in the last 3 days after I raised my light slighty... I will keep you guys updated with more in a week or 2.

A quick update for everyone whos curious, took a couple of pics last night and she looks good to me, only thing I noticed that dont seem good to me is she is so small.... Only measured at about 22". What do you guys think?

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

I think she looks really tasty. You are going to have some real nice smoke pretty soon. I hope you have a clone waiting to take her place. What size pot is she in? You may want to put the next one in a bigger pot. Also, I would just do a simple Fim on the next plant and then leave it in 24/7 until it was a bit bigger going into 12/12. She looks fine. A very nice first try. Keep tweaking your set-up and keep up the good work. Well done, Munkers.

Peace

Unfortuantly this being my first run I did not do clones... Definatly will the next run but I do already have fem. seeds for after im done with her. This first time was more a learning thing and Im glad I started with just one. She is in a 5 gallon pail, how much bigger should I really go? lol.

Its fine to grow from seeds but the one real benefit of growing from clone is that you know exactly what to expect from the plant each time because it is an exact duplicate. It takes some of the guesswork out of growing from seed and having to relearn the particulars of a plant. With clones, you can continually tweak your grow methods until you really dial in the optimal grow conditions for that plant so that you are making the most of its potential. You have a real nice plant there that is going to produce some very nice buds for you, but if you cloned it, you would be able to change the parameters of the grow until you got it producing at least 2x of what you will harvest this time.

By starting over with new seeds, you will have at least slightly different phenos IF the seeds came from the same plant. You will have to relearn all of the needs of this new plant, which could be very similar or very different. Don't get me wrong, many people like the variety and challenge of learning a new plant pheno But for beginners, growing the same one many times over will help you to not only optimize the plant potential, but also make it easier for you to solidify your knowledge of proper growing techniques.

I have a strain that I have been working with for over 2 years, and I am just now learning everything I need to know about it to grow it the way I like it. I mean its just a suggestion but You might like it better to try cloning on the next run and hang on to the rest of your beans for later as you can keep them for quite a while. :)

Very well noted hush, thanks. My ultimate plan was to make it though my first one from start to finish and so far so go IMO with the help of the awesome advice from fellow MPers. Didnt wanna overwhelm myself with to many my first time around. Oh and yes, as I said before I gaurentee I will be doing clones next time sinse im making a 5x5 room and upgrading to a 1000 watt light. Trust me, im learning even if the process is slow lol. In the mean time ill keep those still curious and following updated on this one and ill most likely be doing another journal for the new one when the time comes.

I would not go any larger than the 5 gal she is in now. Your plant is small, but I find that size has a huge amount to do with strain. It is common for me to have a plant that is 18" next to one that is 36" or more. Both are given the same environment, both healthy, both given the same veg time, the only difference being strain.

It is better to go slow and really learn before jumping in blind with both feet and ending up with a storeroom of ill thought out purchases and stunted plants because you were under informed.

Cloning is your next logic step. I find I personally do the best with bubble cloners.

Hey Munkers, I forgot to say that your plant looks really good. It should produce nicely :)

Looking good! Keep posting the pics!:icon_smile:

those pics look bomb man keep it up and soon you will be tasting the flavors of success lol

Latest posts

Back