First time grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And...

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

Oh my, they are looking a little bad. Let's go over again what you are feeding them, how much, and how often. How often are you watering them? What is the source of your water? Well water, city water, RO water....?

I feed them usually once a week. With the LED there is no heat so my soil stays moist much longer and I hear its not good to leave them moist/wet all the time... I've fed them twice using Iguana Juice grow and used Oregonism XL by Arura on them once applied directly to the soil in holes and watered over. I used water from the faucet. I put it in a five gallon bucket and let it sit out for well over 24 hours before using it. I've ordered a PH tester... Just got paid today so it sucks I had to wait so long but im going to need it either way... Anything else and I will let you know... I think I covered everything... She looks so terrible now compared to how she looked just a week ago and its killing me now.

Also just re-read the post. I feed it 2-3 liters at a time and shes in a 5 gallon bucket.

The Oregonism is to be mixed with water and poored into the soil. It also appears to be a product for fruiting or flowering, not vegetative growth.

How much Iguana Juice did you use? When did you feed it?

With organics, you are not really going to want to let the soil dry out. It interferes with the microbial life in the soil.

Two to 3 liters doesn't seem like too much for a 5 gal bucket. Do you water to runoff?

Do you have a fan to bring in fresh air?

I read the back of the bag and it said plants that when bigger and already rooted to poke 4 holes in the dirt and add in x amount per hole... I think like a ts or so and to water, thats how I did it. When I fed the iguana juice I put 4ml per liter as suggested on the bottle and i belive i did it once with 3(Liters) the first time and 2 the second... Its been atleast a week and a half since the second feeding as i gave her clean water in between... I didnt belive 2-3 liters wasnt that much but with 3 I do still get some excess when I head back the next day I usually see water on the floor....

organism is used MAINLY for veg but will NOT burn your plant unless u put WAY over the recomended amount(2-3 tablespoons per gallon reccomended on label)...maybe too much bloom hope this helps

I didnt over do it on the organism I did exactly what the package said. Also I havent used bloom.

Also I might as well throw in for future reference to me, I have some sphagnums Peat moss that appears to be really good in nitrogen.... How good would that be to use or should I mix it with the roots organic?

So it appears that all my PH levels are fine and I been researching the problem which may be a K or a MG deficiency. Either way im working on the issue... Also I ordered a HTG supply 400 watt HPS today off of ebay and a new light for it right off the HTG website which I will have when I finish tending to her Vegging issues. Then I can throw it up and being flowering soon. :icon_smile: :woohoo:
Im hoping now for a full recovery in the next week and she will be :aok:!

OK so I disappeared for a few but I'm back. My Epsom's salts showed up today so I guess the question is do I go ahead and feed her tonight with the salt or wait till tomorrow when I give her a usual small feeding? Its usually straight water on tuesdays... Should I break the watering cycle and give it to her tonight though?

gonna add my 2cents in here... one HUGE think i noticed that you did way wrong was with the light... i too have LED UFOs but they are 135watt, 7band, and as i saw you say in a previous post they generate like 0 heat... so may i ask why you have/had the UFO like 3feet away from the plants? i snug my about 2 inches away from the top canopy, you only get about a 2 or maybe 3 degree increase in temp and ONLY when your less then 1 inch away from the light... my plants did very well in veg using the 2 UFOs, and the one plant i got left (other was male Q_Q) is in flowering now but i still have the UFOs about 2-2.5 inches away from the bottom of the UFOs. that im betting without a doubt is a major reason that at 7 weeks your little plants were... well so little... they got like 0 energy from the light, yes they got "hit by the light" but its so far away the lights energy is like 0... so not much growth, im kinda suprised they didnt stretch a ton, but then again being that far away they were getting very very little light energy.

well i guess thats about 10 cents but ooh well... look in the Indoor Grow section im going to be posting the pics i have of my grow with the LED UFOs before i go to bed tonight...

hope this is a bit helpful
as always stay safe and much green mojo to you my friend

I thank you for the help but if you read on you wouldve seen that I was already helped on that and I did put my light on top of her already. Also if you would take in consideration the title to this thread then you would see this was my first time, and if you notice the only real help I got in the very begining was my own research (obviously I didnt do well enough :( ) and the people of this forum sayin "Dont use LEDs, they dont work correctly." So im doing what I can. Also I will check out your thread, hopefully I will learn from it. Thanks for understanding.

Good morning Munkers, I have not read your whole journal but wanted to tell you what THG meant by foliar feed. It is mixing up your nutrients and put it in a sprayer and spray directly on the leaves.

I am an organic dirt grower and I just don't love the roots organics soil. I have used it and don't anymore.

I am bad at figuring out nute deficiencies, but I hope you get it back on track. I don't feed near as much as the bag or box or bottle says. I use plain water a lot.

Feel free to ask lots of questions... Green mojo..the first grow is the hardest...not really but it sounds good.

Thanks much rosebud! Quick questions tho. What benefits are there to foliar feeding? I thought the plant uptakes through the roots? Also what issues did you have with RO? That way I can keep an eye out for it too?

i wouldnt say the first grow is the hardest... maybe some other terms... your first grow is basically like a scientist testing his hypothsis for the first time, its the most informative grow if yah ask me... you learn a whole lot from the first grow... wether it comes out good or bad in some peoples cases, and just remember as the scientist fails his first experiment he doesnt get discouraged but instead goes back to the drawing board so to speak and revamps his hypothsis based on the info gathered in the first experiment... just remember everything you did that may or maynot have workd, commit it to memory and learn from it... as many a wise men have said you learn more from failure then success, so with that i give you my little piece of advice, always have fun... learning, failing, and succeding are fun XD you just gotta keep a positive outlook on your grows.

my thread is now up with some pics... its in the Indoor Grow section and its called "My Little Grow 100% LED" check it out, and always question things, ask how and why learn learn learn. after all thats what we are all here for, even some of the seasoned vets around here are dabbling in things they never have and are still learning even with 30+ years growing under their belt

Munkers said:
Explain please?

It looks like Rosebud and shortbus have you taken care of on the foliar feeding. Any more questions, just post up.

I didn't like the texture of RO, too rough. My plants didn't do as well as in fox farm ocean forest. The roots organic soil seemed woody and course. I really didn't like it.

Latest posts

Back