flowering question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deuce

Reaction score
hey everyone I got a question about flowering... I vegged my 4 granddaddy clones under cfls for 5 wks... I jus started flowering today and I am hoping u guys can tell me how long to flower... and whut I should look for during that process.. and I was hoping sumone can give me a brief description on whut to do after flowering....?? thank u guys... oh ya and of course any other pointers u guys have would be great...

Check the colors of your trichromes to know when to harvest. There are some threads on what to look for. They will go from clear to cloudy and then to amber, most harvest between %50 to %70 amber. You will need some sort of microscope or that tool they use to check diamonds to really see them. Radio Shack sells one for really cheap. After flowering you need to dry and cure, again there are some really good threads on here that will take you step by step through the process. Good luck and i hope this helps.

yo I thought the trichomes were the THC??? or is it the pistils...?? and is harvesting the same as flowering??? well... I know my pistils r white lookin with a very small light green tint... my branches r amber/purple... so when I start to flower how do I know its dun??

Flowering is not the same as harvesting. Flowering is when you put the plants in 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark. They need to go through this lighting schedule for 8-12+ weeks. The plants must be kept in absolute darkness with no light interruptions while in the dark phase) The plants are ready to harvest (cut the buds off, trim, dry, and cure) when the trichs are about 50% cloudy and 50% amber. You will need a microscope, loupe, or some other magnification to check the trichs. What kind of light are you using? This can affect flowering time. Pictures would really help.

1. 8-12 week flowering,but probably more like 8 week,just keep a check on the trichomes as stated above in the later stages :)

2. you will notice the flowers appearing in a week or two.

3. try too keep your humidity lower than in veg,40-50 is good

4. dont over water,less is best

5. goodluck bro :)

damn thank u soooo much everyone... hemp goddess and bigbuds thnk u for the last bit of description.... oh ya and im guessing curing means when u actual have all the buds clipped and u are gonna store it in a cool dark dry place so it can dry up correct? oh n im usin 3 300watt cfls that I also used for veg... and I got 2 warm white tubes to go along with the cfls for flowering.. oh ya do you guys know how long til the harvest window?? or do I jus need to keep an eye on the trichs?? and I hear since im growing GDP that if I keep the temps lower than in veg like around 65-75 degrees will give me the purple color.. is that rite???

Latest posts

Back