Flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfh0636

Reaction score
I have ten plants in all growing at the moment. Sunday will be the start of the fourth week at which I was going to switch the lighting over to 12/12. My tallest plant is about eight to nine inches tall from the top of the rock wool blocks. Could be an inch or two taller just a general estimate. The rest of the plants range in sizes some are only four inches tall. The plants I believe are different strains because I just took some commercial seeds lying around. I just grew those to see if I could do it before I invested in a specific strain of seeds. Some of them are tall and skinny others are bushier. I think this could very well be the reason that they are growing at different rates. My question is though should I wait another week or two to begin flowering or should I begin Sunday? I didn't know if the plants were tall enough to produce bud. I didn't have my nutrients feeding schedule for the first two weeks. So the second week they did not get a sufficient ammount of nutrients. I also did not have my grow room vented so they were not getting enough air and I did not have the fan on them at the time. This has led me to believe that they may not be ready to start flowering. Should I go ahead and start it anyway?

I would wait another week or two..but it also deppends on your grow space...plants will double mayB tripple in size when in flower...you do need alternating nodes before you flower..plant needs to be mature enough...would like to se pics if you can..good luck my friend

Technically you could have put them into flower the moment they sprouted. 4u2smoke is right though, if you wait for alternating nodes and give them another week or two you will get a bigger harvest. But then that is the question now isn't it, should you grow more plants and flower them young or should you grow a couple and turn them into monsters. That is totally up to you. Their is no "right" time to switch them into flower, it all depends on your situation and what you are trying to accomplish.

If it were me, I'd wait 2 more weeks.

i agree with both...do you have any pics tho??

Any pics of what? There are pics of my grow in my signature.

Latest posts

Back