Foliar Feeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewayne

IS BAKED
Reaction score
I was wondering what your opinions on foliar feeding are? I was also curious (being as I've yet to try it) if the leaves will have water spots or possibly burn from being wet with light on it? from what i understand, you're supposed to water plants real early in the morning when there's not much light, or in the evening as the sun goes down and isn't putting off too much heat/light.

Also, you can foliar feed a plant from week 1 correct? because small feeds to the leaves aren't as harmful as small feeds to the roots?

I just foliar fed one of my plants that is close to its 6th week of flowering ONLY because I think it is in dire need of some nutrients. I don't make a habit of it because people say that it promotes bud rot. This kind scares the crap out of me, but in this instance I felt I had too. I sprayed it and let it cool dry off the leaves so the plant could take in as much as it can then I placed it back under the HPS. Misting during flowering is not recommended unless trying to perhaps correct a nutrient deficiency.

If your plant is in veg I suppose it can't really hurt to mist it a little bit. Some will say that it can leech the nitrogen out of the plant and it does more harm than good. I don't think it can really hurt your plant unless you really over do it and make it a habit.

Yes the little droplets of water can act as a magnifying glass for the light and possibly leave burn marks on your leaves. They say to water your plants at the beginning of your light cycle and not at the end. Once again watering during the dark cycle can promote root rot. These things you must avoid because they can kill your plant fast from what I understand of it.

i only foiler feed when cloning..and yes the water on leafs will burn plant if its to close to light..be sure to raise your light when doing this and also do when the lights go out or just come on..Hope this helps Take care and be safe

well it's helped to convince me not to foliar feed lol. i guess i should just stick to how i normally grow lol. i was looking for some innovation :hubba:

thats the only time i do myself,and dang little then.i mist the dome moreso to get the humidity up,just with clones

Latest posts

Back