? for you guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad

Legalize it in U.S.A.
Reaction score
i've had these plants on 12/12 for a few weeks now and theyve all showed their sex (all females) and theyre taking forever to start budding. to increase this process a little,could i change my light schedule to 10 on 14 off,or will they just go at their own pace regardless of the couple hours of extra darkness?

oh i have all the patience in the world.ive just never seen a sativa take so long to start flowering.ive also got 5 more strains to grow,so i want to get these things finished a.s.a.p. i just figured adding 2 extra hours of darkness would speed up the cycle a little.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
i've had these plants on 12/12 for a few weeks now and theyve all showed their sex (all females) and theyre taking forever to start budding. to increase this process a little,could i change my light schedule to 10 on 14 off,or will they just go at their own pace regardless of the couple hours of extra darkness?

NOoooooo dont change the lights to less than 12/12, just wait it out :rolleyes:

Trust me on this one, the only schedule to use in flowering is 12/12 and never change it during the cycle :hubba:

Another idea is to give your plants a light does of a good P/K booster. If you can find Bud blood, it would work wonderfully, as this is the purpose of this product.

Look for advanced nutrients Bud blood

Also check all around your room for potential light leaks. A light leak will delay flowering for a while

IMO, if you gradually decrease the light over a period of time, you could "speed" up the flowering. Not any different than if you moved them outside....? Its the decreasing daylight hours that induce flowering in nature. I think you would see a decrease in yield though. It may "turn" some of your ladies too..... Sativa's can go for a loooonnnngggg time after they flower..... all things to consider. just my 2 cents.

the only time i change lights below 12 is the last week of flowering i drop the dark period down an hour a day. i heard somewhere it helps turn the trichs. never done a comparison so dont know if its true or not. dont have any words of wisdom for ya but i had to say something cause i aint been on that much lately an its good to see yr still here;)

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
we'll do,thanks for the tips.

p.s.
puffin..how long did it take for your haze plant to begin budding after it showed sex?

:farm: to my understanding and use of the words, the showing of sex, is the start of the buddin, the white hairs become numerous and then they swell and become that wonderful stash we all love :hubba:

:watchplant: currently, my SnowWhite is at 12 days of 12/12 and She is showing buds everywhere. I'll take a couple more pics this week and you can see[those last pics are terrible] Check out the SnowWhite Generation 5 thread in the grow journal thread ;)

thanks alot,i guess i never really watched my plants everyday during the flowering cycle,ive always grew on other peoples property so i usually only checked on them once a week.i guess i'll just have to wait these out and see what happens.im gtonna try to get some pics up of them
tomorrow.anyways,off to work.-peace

I watch mine everyday twice a day and it always seem to take for ever and I had watered on day and went back in a after 4 days and behold to my eyes what a change !!
Sit back and relax and smoke a fatty and don't go into ur room for about four day and see what u see.!! You be Suprise!
Stay High Stay Safe !

lol,yea right,if i dont water them for 3 days,all my leaves droop down.i could probably get away with every 2 days.but with my heat issues i have to check for herms everyday.plus i open the bedroom door to help with my temps so theres no way i could go that long without checkin on them.ill just have to wait em' out.i just thaught it was worth a shot to ask you guys if that would work on speeding up the process a little.thanks for all the feedback.-peace

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
lol,.i just thaught it was worth a shot to ask you guys if that would work on speeding up the process a little.thanks for all the feedback.-peace

Coffee coffee ! Wake them plants up and give them alittle caffine to get them Growing..:hubba: ;)

Sit back and listen to Guns & Roses "Patients" ;)

be patient!! aurora indica dad....

well after it start grow hairs, buds usually grow in 2 weeks, then other 2 weeks buds start to volume bigger and thicker then 6th weeks buds getting bigger fatter..cuddlin with fan leaves by the time 8 week... check for crystals on leaves, last 2 week (ten weeks), its time to cut, and dry it hang it for other 2 weeks or just one week and half would work too.. these precious process takes time.. or you want Hermione plants? high is ok on our last 2 herm plants just stick with 12/12 cycle unless u want to smoke hermione help yourself

lol,i think ive came to the conclusion to stick with 12/12 about...12 posts ago...thanks anyways for the help..but ive already figured all this out =)

p.s.
its not about patience at all,i was just trying to get these finished so i can get my main event goin without having to put these in a seperate room for their dark cycle.trust me..i have all the patience in the world.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad) said:
Finish is when the trich are amber and there NOWAY in Hill to get them to get finish any faster !!!! If there was then we all be ONE HAPPY GROWER.:hubba:

Stay High it Be over with before u know it..;)

Latest posts

Back