Frank Petersons closet journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks TBG for continueing to follow my journal. Within an hour of watering just normal water. I got this response from the best looking plant. The same thing when it had it's first dose of nutes:confused: . This time there is no nutes and just water, but it still jumped up like that:confused: . All the pics are of the same one plant giving me this response. The last pic is it in it's normal mode after it settles down. So far it's always settled down after a few hours.:D

FP:cool:

straightup.jpg

straightup2.jpg

121006-5.jpg

I have seen that 'jump up' after prolonged flush.

Thanks Zarnon. It's slowly returning to normal now. It just boggles me how fast they can react to certain things. It fully lets you know that they are not statues. They are very much alive.

to answer your question on page 2 yes all strains of marijuana stretch during flower the widow usually jumps up over double almost triple its size . and from what dimensions you tell me your grow room is in height 46 in height and not sure how far your lights hang down i would either try and flower at 12 inches . or learn the Lst method and veg as long as you like too. gl and also tbg ,sb , hick and a few others know the white widow well also. i do know this though you couldnt of made a more potent of a choice and thats not IMHO thats a fact .

Thanks for the help skunk. I look forward to seing you follow my journal as well. Those measurements were with the light included and the distance from the top of the plants as well. If necessary I'll rip off the shelf supporting the light. Then the light could be brought up to about 120 inches.:eek:

Time for an update i'd say. I'm getting the stragnest feeling that they are to small for their age? I know I only have an air exhaust but I do open it up and let it breath often. Any suggestions? Also See that one pic with the yellow leaf.......anyone know the cause of this? I figured it was just a young leaf dying but could also be nutrients. I give one watering nutes and one without. I don't even know whats going on anymore any suggestions would be appreciated

121806.jpg

121806-1.jpg

121806-2.jpg

121806-3.jpg

121806-4.jpg

yellow leave.jpg

frankpeterson said:
Time for an update i'd say. I'm getting the stragnest feeling that they are to small for their age? I know I only have an air exhaust but I do open it up and let it breath often. Any suggestions? Also See that one pic with the yellow leaf.......anyone know the cause of this? I figured it was just a young leaf dying but could also be nutrients. I give one watering nutes and one without. I don't even know whats going on anymore any suggestions would be appreciated

Whats going on FP. Give us a rundown on what you have been doing with the little ladies over the past week. ;)

Basically the last week I have been watering them daily sometimes cause they will wilt quick. Now their back on to once one day and wait a day then nutes then wait a day then water. I try to open the door often to let new air in.

Well I deffinetely think they were nute burned and in shock. Everything just stopped growing for a week almost. I've switched from normal tap water to spring water and they really like that.

Pics soon ( prolly a week )

Hey dude,

Yeah, if the one with the yellow leaves is the one that is on the higher nute program then that's more than likely it. I would try dialing down the strength. They may be too young to take it, even when you're spacing the feedings out.

Most changes you make take some time. If you're on the right track the plants will bounce back , yellowing will slow then stop after a few days along with renewed growth.

hey my journal of white widow is in here. mine went from 18-22inches to 44-48 inches and my clones went from12-14 to 30-36 inches hope it helps and good luck also i found my widows didnt want too much nutes

my favorite water to feed is my ph balanced fish water exspecially when i syphon the **** off the bottom for nutes i have never had any nute or ph problem doing so with the widow. ps its all weed ,grow it like its in its natural enviroment with rain water,pond or creek water and maybe if any at all fertilize once every 2 weeks or none at all and you shouldnt have any problems ..

Been a while. Day 44 Vedge.

Have had heat problems lately when the light is around it's kept around mid 70's but when the light is on with the air supply off it soars past 100. Turn on the air supply and on warm day can get it down to 95 and 87 on a cooler day. Nutes completely cut off as they just don't like it. Since the cut off growth has been better and since the air supply bringing fresh air right in from the outdoors, the growth has been better as well. Perhaps temps will balance out when the exhaust is hooked up. Some are small especially one of twins from the beginning of the journal. Looks like it survived. Everything has been placed into 3 gallon pots.

1-1-07-1.jpg

1-1-07-2.jpg

1-1-07-3.jpg

1-1-07-4.jpg

1-1-07-5.jpg

1-1-07-6.jpg

1-1-07group.jpg

Hey FP, those are looking great man. Good luck. Transplanting into the larger pots will help also.

It sounds like you've got everything under control.

What's that other plant in there? It looked like you've got some other kind of plant going...

The second one from the right on the back row. Looks like maybe a pepper plant?

Sup FP. Sounds like you got yourself a serious heat issue that needs to be fixed. Your temps should not get above 85 degrees IMHO. The sooner you get an exhaust fan up the better they will be. Your doing a great job mang keep it up. ;)

currently there is an intake bringing fresh air in, but no exhaust. That other plant would be the one you see in the part of the forum where no one goes:D. That's a cantaloupe growing with the rest of them there is a whole journal about it in the "others" or whatever section it is that isn't chronic related. There was no record of it being done indoors so it had to be tried.

Issue was semi-solved with a 240 cubic feet exhaust fan installation, which you have seen previously in this journal. That brought temps down to 93......which to say it was not very pleasing to me, and apparently neither was the fan as some kind of safety switch must be built in and it shut off. Thought for sure it's broken or something, but then switched it around bringing cool air in instead of exhausting out, for hours without it shutting off. This knocked temps right back to 87-89 which was more sufficient. Lets face it people, something deffinetely was going wrong for these babies to be 45 days in and still so small is impossible unless there was a problem. Given the high temps without a thermometer even at the time must have provided the plants with a significant amount of heat stress as well as the nutrient burn previously discussed in this journal must have stunted their growth significantly. Tempted to start the nutrients back up but not sure if they even need it. From what is read around the WW doesn't like nutrients to much. What are some signs that their not getting enough? They all are dark green as you can see in the post above and for the most part do not look to bad at all other than just small. Also noticed when watering....did not let the water get all the way to the bottom and seap out through the holes. Just wasn't noticed. Could that be a problem as well if the lower roots aren't getting water it could slow the growth? They would show signs on the leaves though wouldn't they? Apologies for the long article but questions are in need of awnsering. Pic of the exhaust doubled up and workin hard.

doublexhaust.jpg

Sup FP. If your plants are not looking bad or like they are in need of nutes i wouldn't give them any. As far as watering goes i would give them enough so you see it coming out the bottom. Not pouring out the bottom but drips. ;)

Recently been advised that the font that was chosen on posts from FP are not clearly readable. It's been decided to no longer use that font and will use this one from now on. Apologies to those who could not read the posts before. PM any posts regarding this issue and will be happy to resolve.

Thank You

FP;)

i have been following this post and my eye would like to send out a personal thank you for changing your font. :)

Latest posts

Back