getting close

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keyspy2

Reaction score
I joined MP about a month ago,and am getting ready for my first grow. I planned everything out, but did nothing until this week because I was worried about getting my seeds, they arrived last week and now its full steam ahead. I have a a closet that is 48wx21dx72 tall, i have linned it with mylar and have a 100 cfm fan in the top vented to the outside. (cutting a hole into my house was freaky) I will be using a 400W MH bulb for veg. and a 400W HPS for flowering(Light arriving wednesday) I have a couple of questions.. in such a small area, do I need another fan to move the air inside? or is the exhaust fan enough. Putting up the mylar was harder than I thought... does it need to be absoultley smooth? this whole nute thing is freaking me out. How Many plants can I grow in this area? I have 12 fem seeds, should I try to germinate them all, or just half. I am sure all of these questions have been answered in this forum, but I have done so much reading in the last month my brain hurts.

Yes you still need a fan for circulation, strengthens stems, helps with pests.
I tried to get my mylar as smooth as possible.
the number depends on your growing style..ie sog or dwc, ect...But I have six plants in an area about that size.

as far as how many you plant is up to you, but all fem seeds might not be fem.

You are going to need good airflow if your in a clost. My growroom is small too I have a 400 watt hps and it gets like 100F dby the end of the day in my growroom, But I dont have enough in and out ventilation I do have fans in there though and suppplement with c02

Just keep it under 85F and you will be all good

It would help your heat issue if you ducted the 100cfm through your lite sheild, if you don't already.

I'm about to havrvest my first grow--yes, it's a marvelous thing--so I don't know much more than you do, but, I went straight Fox Farm after a near calamity. I planted in FF Ocean Forest, then used all 6 nutes per FF's feeding schedule--am flushing now per FF'S suggestions. Our friend Winston here E-mailed FF about flushing as it doesn't mention it anywhere--they said all edibles and ingestibles;) should be flushed 1 week prior to harvest.

Good luck and keep asking good question. The experienced people here will get you through--they got me through and I'm extremely thick-headed at times.

Blew you a couple of pics this morning to show you what's gonna happen to you if you keep hanging around this site. This mess is what I got up to this morning.:D :hubba: ;)

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

Latest posts

Back