Green Crack & White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One week old
20220402_053619.jpg

Definitely doing better than the WW I had at the start of this thread.

They were looking a bit sunburned, so moved the lights up to 6".

Glad you got it figured out brother.
Never seen that system but looks cool.
I'll stick to my soil and Fabric pots. I have grown in DWC and liked it but solution temps can be a pain in the ass.

Glad you got it figured out brother.
Never seen that system but looks cool.
I'll stick to my soil and Fabric pots. I have grown in DWC and liked it but solution temps can be a pain in the ass.
What size fabric pots do you use homie?

Not sure I got it figured out, but definitely better educated now 😁

I have 3,5,and 7 gallon AC Infinity Fabric Pots.
My Autos will be grown in 3 gallon. I have my big Tomato,Pepper,and Lemons in 7 gallon.
Smaller veggies in 5 gallon.
Got a lot more to do today. I'm changing all my flowers from plastic to fabric pots also. Plastic pots from now on will be for looks only. They will be used in my front yard.

@gmo You were 100% right about it being a root problem. After I got the bubbler in there, the smell surfaced. I pulled the planter and the roots are brown and slimey looking.

I put it into the other reservoir but haven't added any water.

What would be my best option moving forward from here? My gut says let it sit dry for a day or two, but my gut ain't been too reliable lately 😂

I'm going back to fabric pots after this.

Last edited:
I have 3,5,and 7 gallon AC Infinity Fabric Pots.
My Autos will be grown in 3 gallon. I have my big Tomato,Pepper,and Lemons in 7 gallon.
Smaller veggies in 5 gallon.
Got a lot more to do today. I'm changing all my flowers from plastic to fabric pots also. Plastic pots from now on will be for looks only. They will be used in my front yard.
I used the fabric pots for the first time in my current grow. I didn’t think I would like them but turns out I do. A couple of my girls are thirstier than the others so it made me wonder if the less thirsty plants were happy in them but remembering that this also happened in the plastic 7 gal I used last grow. I just got Amazon order yesterday to transfer my spring plants into 2 gallon cloth pots I’m hoping they can last and veg in these pots for a few weeks until outdoor/tent transfer. The cloth pots are easy to check if they need water too little handles on them make it easy to lift to see if they are thirsty plus I think I water a little more often which I like seeing my plants drink up the water quick so it’s not a problem for me.

I used the fabric pots for the first time in my current grow. I didn’t think I would like them but turns out I do. A couple of my girls are thirstier than the others so it made me wonder if the less thirsty plants were happy in them but remembering that this also happened in the plastic 7 gal I used last grow. I just got Amazon order yesterday to transfer my spring plants into 2 gallon cloth pots I’m hoping they can last and veg in these pots for a few weeks until outdoor/tent transfer. The cloth pots are easy to check if they need water too little handles on them make it easy to lift to see if they are thirsty plus I think I water a little more often which I like seeing my plants drink up the water quick so it’s not a problem for me.
I have some 1 and 3 gallon fabrics in the shed. I'm going to do my widows in the 3 gallons. I like the simplicity of these SIPs, but I don't like the problems I'm getting with them. I can still do basically the same method in fabric pots.

I really want the 7 gallon ac ones hopper mentioned, but they won't be available until the 27th. Good price @ 19.99 for a 5 pack. Will definitely be placing an order!

Again, my 2 cents....

I think the best option more is to let it dry out as much as you can. I think that you'll make it to harvest, but nothing is going to be recovered at this point.

I'm glad you got it figured out. It's just one more thing to plan for the next grow so it doesn't get to this point. Root rot can cause plants to go south really quickly.

Brother I would go back to soil. Keep it simple and let mother nature do her thing.
I have taken plants right out of a DWC and straight into soil with no ploblems. A little shock but didn't last long and they come out awesome. I got tired of fighting solution temps. Didn't have that problem in soil.

The engineer in me has latched on to this SIP thing. I'm thinking a pump and chiller would correct most of the root rot issues, and even provide a buffer for too small an air gap. And since a pump is needed for the chiller in the DWC as well, the SIP removes the need for the added (noisy) air pump. And it's shorter so might fit in my 62" high tent.

I'm going to have to make one for the next grow. Pity the poor plant I test it with...

It is soil man. Just with a bottom feed wick. Crash got me thinking now about getting a chiller, but it would be a while so gonna go ahead and run the fabric pots with the widows.

Maybe lol. I feel I need to give the SIPs one more go with air going into the reservoir.

Thanks for the input gmo. I'll let it dry out a bit.

Y'all are awesome and I appreciate the education.

Last edited:
A big thank you to CrashMagnet and SubmarineGirl for making me understand that because there areportable AC units, this exhaust won't look suspect.

I couldn't find any of the kit pieces here in Podunkville, so I MacGrubered me one.

It's only a 6" fan that is going to have to suffice for the whole room until my GC is done and I can rearrange, but it's still better than no exhaust at all.

20220403_111915.jpg
20220403_112001.jpg

Here I am at week 8 of 12/12, and what I consider week 6 of flower.

The realization that I completely fked up my water table marker still has me floored. I feel like I basically fked up this grow. I will get to harvest some good bud from it, but it could have been better.

It's all part of the learning experience.

What I've learned:

Pay attention to the little things. They matter more than you know.

Kill the fkn gnats before they infest your entire planter. They can wreak havoc on your root system. I really believe that is what caused my problems.

Don't try new techniques until you can recognize the early symptoms that they show.

Don't panic! Sometimes it's just the plant and not what you're doing.

KISS works best when you don't complicate it.

There's probably more, but for now...
MEME2022-04-09-05-31-21.jpg

Here she is
20220409_171215.jpg

20220409_171221.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back