Green Crack & White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I am at week 8 of 12/12, and what I consider week 6 of flower.

The realization that I completely fked up my water table marker still has me floored. I feel like I basically fked up this grow. I will get to harvest some good bud from it, but it could have been better.

It's all part of the learning experience.

What I've learned:

Pay attention to the little things. They matter more than you know.

Kill the fkn gnats before they infest your entire planter. They can wreak havoc on your root system. I really believe that is what caused my problems.

Don't try new techniques until you can recognize the early symptoms that they show.

Don't panic! Sometimes it's just the plant and not what you're doing.

KISS works best when you don't complicate it.

There's probably more, but for now...
View attachment 293294

Here she is
View attachment 293295
View attachment 293296

Those buds came out nice! I was going to ask about the bugs, I have a few yellow strips up and see a "few" flies my entire grow, but nothing like that! Those gnats have to be gnawing on your roots. Dam thats a lot of flies !

BTI tea cured my fungus gnat problem quickly and easily. Get some mosquito bits for your next grow !!!

It took me a while to find some sticky traps, so they got really bad. I'm on top of them for my next plant.

I'd like to find some nematodes. They sell them online a few places, but I see alot of "the ice packs were melted" reviews. I don't want dead ones.

Super excited!! My Zkittlez autos with some freebies (idk fem photo and Knows Candy autos), the John Deere dealership I applied to Friday hit me with a phone tap today and set up a regional manager in person for this Friday, AND my very first marigold has opened it's first pretty flower.
20220412_174302.jpg

The rain stopped in time for some after work outside fun time with the girls munching on some dandelions and going freaking nuts playing like lil kids, my stuffed peppers turned out amazing, and two episodes of M.A.S.H.

The whole world could end tomorrow, and I couldn't give a flying fornication!

It took me a while to find some sticky traps, so they got really bad. I'm on top of them for my next plant.

I'd like to find some nematodes. They sell them online a few places, but I see alot of "the ice packs were melted" reviews. I don't want dead ones.

Dude, Mosquito Bits (BTI) ! It will kill the larvae. If they are flying and your traps are filling up, your roots are getting hammered ! note: fungus gnats are not after your plant, they eat fungus. BUT if you have a lot, they will damage your roots. You had a LOT !

My first grow I learned all about fungus gnats and Root Aphids. It got so bad that late they landed on my computer screen late night. A bag of fox farm soil brought them in and they made it to all of the drains in my house.

So I visited a nursery and they all laughed at me. Long story short, the reason they chuckled is that fungus gnats are not hard to get rid of. (root aphids are another story)

Trust me on this, get Mosquito Bits, soak them to make a tea (this is the magic trick) then water your plants. Your yellow traps will be empty in no time. If its real bad, you can pour the BTI into drains, tubs etc as well. (I used boiling water to get rid of the gnats in my drains) I still toss Mosquito bits in the drains now just to keep them away. I had hundreds of them and havent seen a single fungus gnat in over a month. My last grow had a few yellow sticky's up, not one fly the entire grow.

One trick, fill a bunch of containers with wet nasty soil (too wet). I used cereal bowls. I left bowls of BTI drenched soil all over my house as snacks for the fungus gnats. They are looking for wet soil, not plants!

Last thing, I know I type too much. Root Aphids and Fungus Gnats (adult flies) look very similar. If BTI doesnt kill them, they might not be fungus gnats. You don't want root aphids. They are after your plant.

Mosquito Bits® - Summit® Responsible Solutions (summitchemical.com)

Last edited:
My Zkittlez got here two days early!

They sent me two Knows Candy (F) autos and a Power Plant (F) photo with them.

Once this Crack plant is done and after a good cleanup, I'm gonna give the Zkittlez a go.

On
Dude, Mosquito Bits (BTI) ! It will kill the larvae. If they are flying and your traps are filling up, your roots are getting hammered ! note: fungus gnats are not after your plant, they eat fungus. BUT if you have a lot, they will damage your roots. You had a LOT !

My first grow I learned all about fungus gnats and Root Aphids. It got so bad that late they landed on my computer screen late night. A bag of fox farm soil brought them in and they made it to all of the drains in my house.

So I visited a nursery and they all laughed at me. Long story short, the reason they chuckled is that fungus gnats are not hard to get rid of. (root aphids are another story)

Trust me on this, get Mosquito Bits, soak them to make a tea (this is the magic trick) then water your plants. Your yellow traps will be empty in no time. If its real bad, you can pour the BTI into drains, tubs etc as well. (I used boiling water to get rid of the gnats in my drains) I still toss Mosquito bits in the drains now just to keep them away. I had hundreds of them and havent seen a single fungus gnat in over a month. My last grow had a few yellow sticky's up, not one fly the entire grow.

One trick, fill a bunch of containers with wet nasty soil (too wet). I used cereal bowls. I left bowls of BTI drenched soil all over my house as snacks for the fungus gnats. They are looking for wet soil, not plants!

Last thing, I know I type too much. Root Aphids and Fungus Gnats (adult flies) look very similar. If BTI doesnt kill them, they might not be fungus gnats. You don't want root aphids. They are after your plant.

Mosquito Bits® - Summit® Responsible Solutions (summitchemical.com)
I have an order of 10 mil SF nematodes on the way. Should do the trick either way.

I know it's hard from a pic, but I could use y'all's opinions.

If this was your plant, would you say it's done or a week or two more?
20220416_170859.jpg
20220416_170915.jpg
20220416_170925.jpg
20220416_170932.jpg
20220416_170941.jpg
20220416_170949.jpg

I was really hoping to get a few opinions, but hope is a fickle thing in my life. I took a small bud off to let dry and test. I'll wing it from here on out. ✌️

I can get a somewhat decent look at trichomes from my phone camera, when I stretch the pictures before I snap it, but I have to be almost impossibly still when I hit the button.

If it’s close to your bloom time finishing up, start looking at your trichomes “on your buds”. You may be able to get a good picture with your phone if you turn your fans off and hold your breath thru the shot. Then you can get a blow up of your shot. It would be a wise buy to get a loop if you don’t have one already they are pretty cheap.

I see my trichomes. They are doing what they are doing. I look at them daily thru the loupe I've had for years. I've also trimmed off a sugar leaf or three to see under 60x and 120x. It's a very racy type of buzz strain. So...

It's overall plant appearance that matters here more than trichome color (they're mostly cloudy with some amber btw).

What pees me off is that there are experienced folks here who can look at a plant and know if it's done or close, but I guess I'm not worthy of their input. As usual, I don't fit in enough. It is what it is 😁

Thanks. It's kool.. I got this. Happy growing. ✌ & ❤ to you all. I'll stick to being a viewer. No love lost.

I see my trichomes. They are doing what they are doing. I look at them daily thru the loupe I've had for years. I've also trimmed off a sugar leaf or three to see under 60x and 120x. It's a very racy type of buzz strain. So...

It's overall plant appearance that matters here more than trichome color (they're mostly cloudy with some amber btw).

What pees me off is that there are experienced folks here who can look at a plant and know if it's done or close, but I guess I'm not worthy of their input. As usual, I don't fit in enough. It is what it is 😁

Thanks. It's kool.. I got this. Happy growing. ✌ & ❤ to you all. I'll stick to being a viewer. No love lost.
When that time came for me everyone told me to look at the trichomes and they couldn’t tell by my plant pics. I waited till they were about 50/50. I maybe could have done better waiting a bit longer on one of the plants that probably wasn’t quite ready yet.

Also, I don't think even the experienced growers here can look at the pics you posted and give you an objective opinion. The trichome color is the most useful for timing, and it's really difficult to see them in the images.

Latest posts

Back