growing with vermiculite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

process 0238

Reaction score
has anyone tried growing with just vermiculite? do u think it would work? i have mg soil and peat moss but its not organic and i want to use my nutes i have instead of the shity time release crap in mg. i was thinking of just filling the pots with verm. and putting them in a tray and keeping the tray filled with water? what do you guys think?

That is interesting but I have NO clue. I have an extra bean and a bag of vermiculite. If the pros say it could theoretically work I will do a grow on it.

if it's not a loss, give it a shot... if it's yer only one, just go out and buy some good medium - don't risk it... I wouldn't.

I have tried 50% perlite and 50% vermiculite without any luck. It was something new I was experimenting with so maybe I gave up too soon. The first try was with a drip hydroponic system and I left it running all the time, It would seem I overwatered the plants and killed them, then I switched to running once a day and that didn't work too well either.

You can try but you are going to have to have nutes in your water because there will not be any in the soil mix.

I have grow some mushroom with vermiculite, it like dry... water must be neutral, not soft...if you wanna grow some mj in it.. dont give soft water cuz it can mold..

how can soft water mold????

You can grow in 100% vermiculite, it is considered soil-less, but vermiculite is not organic. It would work fine with organic nutes but it in itself is not organic

Latest posts

Back