Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timmyjg6 said:
Is there somewhere to exhoust to? Is the intake in the room?

I was going to vent outside through a vent for the furnace. Here is a quick pic I did in paint. I am by no means an artist or computer savy.

room_edited.jpg

this was such a good idea,i have a funny feelin well be seein alot of the thread...i got a ? timmy,how do i take care of some annoying good ol toenail fungus? should i kill it myself or have it killed by a perfessional?

BuddyLuv, is your exhaust fan connected to your air cooled hoods? Because your pics just show free standing light, with no exhaust hooked up

Let the pros clean it up... Make it shinny!!!

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
this was such a good idea,i have a funny feelin well be seein alot of the thread...i got a ? timmy,how do i take care of some annoying good ol toenail fungus? should i kill it myself or have it killed by a perfessional?

tcbud said:
how much wood in a butt cord? lol
A cord of wood = 128 cubic feet (3.62 m³), corresponding to a woodpile 4 feet wide × 4 feet high × 8 feet long

timmy you are a jewel....truely a jewel. i am gonna love watching this thread. "let the pro's clean it up" spot on dude.

in edit, yep you got the cord right....tho the question refered to "Butt Cord", never heard of one of those...thot maybe a wood chuck measured wood different.

I think you will need one moor 6" exhaust. And can you indicate where your exhaust will be. thanks. I can draw something up in Auto CAD.

massproducer said:
BuddyLuv, is your exhaust fan connected to your air cooled hoods? Because your pics just show free standing light, with no exhaust hooked up
Yes I have a 6 in "T" with flexible aluminum hose coming from each hood. On the other side I have the flexible hose running to another "T" connected to my carbon filter.

Well if you are bringing air from outside into your air cooled hoods, and venting outside then you do not need a carbon filter on the air cooled hoods as the air inside the air cooled system will never interact with the smelly growroom air. The carbon filter will restrict a lot of air flow

This is how i would have it hooked up. But you will need one moor 6" inline fan.

untitled.JPG

Timmyjg6 said:
I think you will need one moor 6" exhaust. And can you indicate where your exhaust will be. thanks. I can draw something up in Auto CAD.
I have the exhaust fan mounted in the upper right hand corner in the pic I added. It is bolted to the wall all the way up by the ceiling and then has 6 in. pipe exiting the room and then out of the house. The pic does't show the "T" 's and flex hose I have running to the hoods.

1- fan could be enough, but your lights will have to be inline, so the air can be maximized as it moves down the system.

Yeah i would redo it to be like what i drew. Thin to outside. And i would get another 6" for the intake. so you will need 2 moor 6" inline fans. i know they are expensive but i think you will need them.

Timmyjg6 said:
This is how i would have it hooked up. But you will need one moor 6" inline fan.
Why two fans? I thought that the fan can only move the space allowable. Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't the first fan be doing all the work anyway? Like I have said alot has changed since I have been in the game.

massproducer said:
1- fan could be enough, but your lights will have to be inline, so the air can be maximized as it moves down the system.
I worked it out in auto cad and i don't think it would maximize the lighting by having them in a row. I think how i drew it would work the best. Little moor expensive but that's what i would do. If you have enough to run 2 1000W Lights than you can afford 2 moor fans. I was using 1 400 and still had 1 6" for exhaust and 4" for intake...

I use 2 cool tubes now that house 1000 watt hps's. Any time there are bends and corners in your venting system it slows the air flow because the air has to do more work to be exhausted. It is like a straw, it is a lot easier to blow air through a straw that is straight then one that is all bent

Also make sure that your fan is stucking and not blowing. Your fan should be at the end of your air cooling system and not at the begining

BuddyLuv said:
Why two fans? I thought that the fan can only move the space allowable. Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't the first fan be doing all the work anyway? Like I have said alot has changed since I have been in the game.
Im not saying 2 wont work. I just feal that you are running 2 1000W lights plus you've got a carbon filter and 2 90deg bends so you will nead a little moor to get the air moving. You can hook just one up and see if it dose the job... But im pretty sure if you got 2 it would be perfect... Like they said before, if you could aline them streght and not have one bend, or the carbon filter in it i think one would work.. But im trying to maximize your lighting for the hole room..

massproducer said:
I use 2 cool tubes now that house 1000 watt hps's. Any time there are bends and corners in your venting system it slows the air flow because the air has to do more work to be exhausted. It is like a straw, it is a lot easier to blow air through a straw that is straight then one that is all bent

Yeah but to have it set up like that most of the room would not get lit and there would be no room to place the carbon filter so he would have to have a bend just for that and another bend to exhaust. So in the end he would be in the same boat but with less light coverage.

What temp do I want to be at running CO2? Should I be running CO2 durring Veg? Also what about the A/C vent I ran into the room. Wouldn't that be considered and intake? The A/C has the fan blowing at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back