Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not hard to place your lights in a straight row, I do it now, I fail to see how it do anything to the distribution of his light. It is a matter of turning the lights so the ducting connections line up.

Like i said earlier if you are taking air from outside and blowing back outside while only going through an air cooled lights, a carbon filter is pointless, their is nothing to clean in that air. All that a carbon filter is going to do majorly slow the air flow and create heat problems because of it.

And the 95 degrees was the temp under the lights not in the whole room. Should I mount the temp/humidity sensor on the wall or should I be taking my temps at plant level under the lights?

Since your exhaust is on the other side you would set it up like this.

untitled.JPG

massproducer said:
It is not hard to place your lights in a straight row, I do it now, I fail to see how it do anything to the distribution of his light. It is a matter of turning the lights so the ducting connections line up.

Like i said earlier if you are taking air from outside and blowing back outside while only going through an air cooled lights, a carbon filter is pointless, their is nothing to clean in that air. All that a carbon filter is going to do majorly slow the air flow and create heat problems because of it.
I wanted to run the filter to hopefully scrub some of the smell in the room out of the house.

You have to scrub the room exhaust not the air cooled light exhaust

Yeah i think pulling air out of the room is best. Just need to have the filter up high to suck the warmer air out. And i am just saying what i think will work best.

Buddy where are you taking the air from to cool your lights? Is it coming from outside or inside your grow room

The problem with the drawings are that this is not really air cooling anything because you would be just venting through a carbon filter back into the room. That will not help in any way because the air that should be vented outside is just being blown back into the room

Timmyjg6 said:
Since your exhaust is on the other side you would set it up like this.

I am sucking the air from inside the room out of the house. Some I am cooling my lamps with the air inside the room and then venting it out of the house.

BuddyLuv said:
I am sucking the air from inside the room out of the house. Some I am cooling my lamps with the air inside the room and then venting it out of the house.

There is your heat problems, you need cold fresh air to vent your lights, sucking air from inside the room is no good because you can't cool something with air that is around the same temp.

You need to suck the air from outside of the room and outside of the house if possible. The cooler the air the cooler the light

I myself would hook up a 6" Y duct on your A/C with one end part bringing air into you air cooled lights, and the other letting air flow into your room as it is. But you said that you had a closed air cooling system, but it would only be closed it you hook up a duct hose to the end with the filter and suck air from somewhere other then your room

Here the green lines show the lighting.. Thats why i have them positioned where they are... Its all in the science.

lighting.JPG

The temp in tha basement is about 68 degrees. The room is built in the basement.

massproducer said:
There is your heat problems, you need cold fresh air to vent your lights, sucking air from inside the room is no good because you can't cool something with air that is around the same temp.

You need to suck the air from outside of the room and outside of the house if possible. The cooler the air the cooler the light

Yeah it would be nice to have cool air but id rather have that air for the room. If your pulling the air from the room and the room is always cool than whats the problem... Plus your getting rid of all the warm air from the top of the room. The air is passing over the bulb so it dose not really need to be cool. It just needs to keep moving..

he said his room is 95 F, this is not the way to use air cooled anything, but since you guys are so persistant, i guess you can leanrn the hard way, have a great day guys, but please do some research on air cooled hoods.

The science in what timmy, a 1000 w hps, covers 4x4, it doesn't really matter what way they are turned. Like I said i grow with 2 1000w hps's in cool tubes.

I am trying you that you can not cool the lights how you are it is extemely inefficient, but my grow is fine, and this is yours believe what ever you want.

Remember one thing, cooling a room and cooling a light are totally different things

massproducer said:

I myself would hook up a 6" Y duct on your A/C with one end part bringing air into you air cooled lights, and the other letting air flow into your room as it is. But you said that you had a closed air cooling system, but it would only be closed it you hook up a duct hose to the end with the filter and suck air from somewhere other then your room

I can cool the lights with my a/c? That would actually be better then the system I had in mind. I could then just use my six inch inline to vent the room. However do I have to worry about the smell of the air from the cooled lights? It states that they are sealed but they are not truely sealed.

If you could do this than it would be good. I am still pretty confused on what mass is saying.. I wasn't meaning to fight. I just don't understand.
BuddyLuv said:
I can cool the lights with my a/c? That would actually be better then the system I had in mind. I could then just use my six inch inline to vent the room. However do I have to worry about the smell of the air from the cooled lights? It states that they are sealed but they are not truely sealed.

I Am Green At This Whole Process.as I Said In Another Thread,i Ordered A Grow Tent,3.5x3.5x6.7,2 Active Air Fans,the Sunspot 400w Hps&mh,with A Model 9000 Can Filter.the Problem Is I Just Got The Filter Today And I Have No Idea How To Hook It Up.i Emailed The Comp. I Ordered From And He Said It Has A Self Tapping Flange To Put On It And Hang It From The Top,with Exhaust Hooked To It From1 Fan.i Just Can't Figure This Out.but Of Course They Didn't Send The Flanges For The Lights And Tent Exhaust.if You Could In Simple Terms Tell Me How To Hook This Fan Up.i Know I Have To Wait Until I Get The Flanges For The Other Stuff First.i Have The Flange That Came With The Filter.damn Its Huge Filter.not Sure If It Should Be Blowing Or Sucking Thru The Filter Either.dang I'm Confused Myself.sorry For Running On Like This.just So Impatient Trying To Get All This Going And Already Have 5 Plants Cooking.i Have To Leave The Tent Open Now Because It Gets 100 Degrees Quick In There Without It.be So Glad When The Flanges Get Here,where I Can Close The Tent And Leave It Alone.its About Time To Start The Flowering And I Have Put It Off Due To Not Being Able To Close The Tent Without Overheating.thank You So Much For Your Patience With Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back