Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ArtVandolay said:
Something about this answer has been gnawing at me all night long. This incredible amount of wood really doesn't pass the sniff test. As it turns out, according to the Cornell Chronicle, woodchucks that gnaw their wooden nest boxes are given scraps of 2-by-4 lumber. A wildlife biologist once measured the inside volume of a typical woodchuck burrow and estimated that -- if wood filled the hole instead of dirt -- the industrious animal would have chucked only about 700 pounds' worth.

Even if you assume a woodchuck can dig 1 burrow/day, 700 pounds of wood is far short of 682 butt chords. I'm going to bed, now.
Come on, its common since...

massproducer said:
i just soak my rockwool with ph'd water for about 6 - 12 hours. It raises your ppm to 1400 with just a teaspoon per gallon? What is your starting tap ppm

my tap is 110 ppm

Hick said:
Ahhh ha.. MarP is gonna' love this! We can do away with the "Sick plants" section, the "Hydro" section, outdoor, setup and design, lights, ect...:hubba:
No longer a need for all these segregated subjects, where people have to search for answers by specific conditions, mediums, methods. I don't know why we had 'em anyway.. :rolleyes:

I dunno tho', I kinda' like the "old" method, of posting issues, problems, and information in there respective categories. Then allow the .. entire community to respond, allowing them also, the ability to find an answer to their question in the section reserved for THAT particular subject. ..:)

I've got to agree with Hick and Runbyhemp. In addition, there are so many different ways to grow, so many different circumstances, that it is impossible for any one person to have all the answers...

:48:

wedginfool said:
my tap is 110 ppm
I suggest to everyone that grows to buy a reverse osmosis filter or just buy gallons of distilled water from the grocery store.. I never used tap..

The Hemp Goddess said:
I've got to agree with Hick and Runbyhemp. In addition, there are so many different ways to grow, so many different circumstances, that it is impossible for any one person to have all the answers...

:48:
I never said i had all of the answers or that i would be able to answer any questions. I said i would try and that i would hope that others would come in here to help. I am not asking everyone with a question to come to me like i am Buddha or something. It was mainly geared at noobs that have not yet found the answer they are quit looking for, or they just need a quick answer to something so simple they dont want to start a thread over.... I am sorry if i am affending anyone, and if i am i want you to explain what i have done wrong. I just want a little attintion. Iv lost alot in the past year and this site is one of the only things keeping me togethe right now. I wake up in the morning eager to go to work just so i can hope on here and help others in need. Please dont take this away from me... Please

I'm not so sure that when it didn't bring the PH down to where i needed it that i didn't add more..................also I have none left to test on a gallon

I started a bunch of clones in 1 1/2 inch macro's soaked in the stuff and never tested the ppm or ph however they rooted in under 10 days from there i put them into 3 inch b locks soaked in the stuff and within 2 days they were rooted through them too, now i notice curling leaves and burnt tips on my babies and they've grown noticibly ...............since last nite when i posted this i have flushed them out with just ph'ed water........by the way i checked the runoff of them and it was near 7 already .......i've flushed them out and got the ph down to 5.9....and the ppm is only like 150 now

it's pretty obvious to me that the grocubes that i'm soaking right now need to be diluted until the ppm is only a couple hundred or so maybe as high as 400

i think that getting these into pots with grocubes that don't have a high fert content right away will help them pull out of leaf curling and tip burning don't you?

wedginfool said:
I'm not so sure that when it didn't bring the PH down to where i needed it that i didn't add more..................also I have none left to test on a gallon

I started a bunch of clones in 1 1/2 inch macro's soaked in the stuff and never tested the ppm or ph however they rooted in under 10 days from there i put them into 3 inch b locks soaked in the stuff and within 2 days they were rooted through them too, now i notice curling leaves and burnt tips on my babies and they've grown noticibly ...............since last nite when i posted this i have flushed them out with just ph'ed water........by the way i checked the runoff of them and it was near 7 already .......i've flushed them out and got the ph down to 5.9....and the ppm is only like 150 now

it's pretty obvious to me that the grocubes that i'm soaking right now need to be diluted until the ppm is only a couple hundred or so maybe as high as 400

i think that getting these into pots with grocubes that don't have a high fert content right away will help them pull out of leaf curling and tip burning don't you?

Well it sounds like the stuff is working OK, your leaves might be like that bec its time to feed them. I would start giving them 1/4 strength nutrients and see what happiness. Not sure why the leafs are curling.. Are you making sure not to over/under water? I would just do daily dunking of the cubes into a bucket or container.

i have little white spote on mt leaves...what are they and how do i safely get rid of them?

they've never been watered at all except for the initial soaking of the blocks in the solution.....which was ph balanced to 5.9.........without being watered at all those few days it took to root the ph shot up to over 7
since the flushing last night they are looking better,

any ideas on how to test the runnoff of the small grocubes ............. in the slabs i use a syringe with a peice of air tubing that i can suck out the fluid but the cubes i can't do unless i compress them and that wouldn't be good

try giving the cube a light shake, but your right never squeeze, it breaks the fibers and fills the air pockets

imlost said:
i have little white spote on mt leaves...what are they and how do i safely get rid of them?
Can you rub them off? And check under all your leafes do you have mites?

wedginfool said:
any ideas on how to test the runoff of the small grow cubes ............. in the slabs i use a syringe with a peice of air tubing that i can suck out the fluid but the cubes i can't do unless i compress them and that wouldn't be good
Well i usually don't bother with checking the run off in rock-wool. If you pre soaked them properly you shouldn't have to worry about fluctuation really. Water automatically raises its PH in a rez. That's why you need to constantly calibrate it. But if your just dunking your cubes than you shouldn't worry about the ph. Just make sure its 5.8 when you dunk them. And usually the water will evaporate within 24-48 hrs depending on temp and size or rock-wool. But if you still have the need to check run off just slowly poor wate into the cube over a bowl or mug until you have run off thin check that...

massproducer said:
try giving the cube a light shake, but your right never squeeze, it breaks the fibers and fills the air pockets
Thanks mass, never knew. I always just gave a squeeze only to new cubes that have not bin used. If i am just dunking i hold it at an angle till the stream of water is slow and when i can hold level and no water drains out thin i know i am good.

imlost said:

if not MITES....

its begginning stagest of Nute lock out, due to PH swing.

Check your PH.

I LOVE TAP WATER. after bubbling for a day or two.
ITS my natural source of PH UP.. Calcium + bubbles = high PH @8ish.

When PH gets low.. I top off with tap water, and it usually c ontains
trace elements which is good for the plants.

PH getts to HIGH add more NUTES...

the above is for hydro..

Timmyjg6 said:
Come on, its common since...
When I saw the woodchuck wood numbers, I immediately asked myself how to make money based on the woodchuck's wonderful, unexpected ability to chuck wood.

I pictured a woodchuck-driven mulch factory - small scale, mind you. A couple of woodchucks in an old, non-wooden building - what a great place to hide a stealth growbox, too! And a few extra bucks to boot. But when you start to calculate the number of semi-trucks necessary to haul that many butt cords of bagged chucked-wood-into-mulch, it becomes clear that a constant supply of trucks 24 hours per day might not even get the job done. Of course, all those trucks would attract a lot of attention and would make the stealth growbox not such a good idea.

So this is the end of my woodchuck caper, but I do have a question for you.

What is the correct count when using the Holy Hand Grenade? I think the answer is in the Book of Armaments?

since this seems to be the thraed to get our answers from I will post my questions here from now on....Awesome Timmy!

I burned my plant y planting it in Peat (didnt know it was to acidiic to use alone) I have since replanted it and well,,, its not dead yet....

However this plant still looks homely, several days after the trasnplant and correction of my problem.

MY question is......how long should it be before this plant fully recovers and starts growing again?.....the damage has stopped now it just looks homely....

Well it all depends, If your plant has bin stunted it should not take moor than a week to bounce back. But i don't know your situation.. Are you the one that took your plant out of MG? If so than what is it in now?
New_2_Chronic said:
since this seems to be the thraed to get our answers from I will post my questions here from now on....Awesome Timmy!

I burned my plant y planting it in Peat (didnt know it was to acidiic to use alone) I have since replanted it and well,,, its not dead yet....

However this plant still looks homely, several days after the trasnplant and correction of my problem.

MY question is......how long should it be before this plant fully recovers and starts growing again?.....the damage has stopped now it just looks homely....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back