Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bro but iv never dealt with a tent. If you could take some pictures of what your working with it would make things so much better. But i might have to get back to you tomorrow if no one else gets it...
andy52 said:
I Am Green At This Whole Process.as I Said In Another Thread,i Ordered A Grow Tent,3.5x3.5x6.7,2 Active Air Fans,the Sunspot 400w Hps&mh,with A Model 9000 Can Filter.the Problem Is I Just Got The Filter Today And I Have No Idea How To Hook It Up.i Emailed The Comp. I Ordered From And He Said It Has A Self Tapping Flange To Put On It And Hang It From The Top,with Exhaust Hooked To It From1 Fan.i Just Can't Figure This Out.but Of Course They Didn't Send The Flanges For The Lights And Tent Exhaust.if You Could In Simple Terms Tell Me How To Hook This Fan Up.i Know I Have To Wait Until I Get The Flanges For The Other Stuff First.i Have The Flange That Came With The Filter.damn Its Huge Filter.not Sure If It Should Be Blowing Or Sucking Thru The Filter Either.dang I'm Confused Myself.sorry For Running On Like This.just So Impatient Trying To Get All This Going And Already Have 5 Plants Cooking.i Have To Leave The Tent Open Now Because It Gets 100 Degrees Quick In There Without It.be So Glad When The Flanges Get Here,where I Can Close The Tent And Leave It Alone.its About Time To Start The Flowering And I Have Put It Off Due To Not Being Able To Close The Tent Without Overheating.thank You So Much For Your Patience With Me.

You could use another room to get the cool air from, but youd have to cut another hole. Mass, show us how to do it....
massproducer said:
There is your heat problems, you need cold fresh air to vent your lights, sucking air from inside the room is no good because you can't cool something with air that is around the same temp.

You need to suck the air from outside of the room and outside of the house if possible. The cooler the air the cooler the light

I myself would hook up a 6" Y duct on your A/C with one end part bringing air into you air cooled lights, and the other letting air flow into your room as it is. But you said that you had a closed air cooling system, but it would only be closed it you hook up a duct hose to the end with the filter and suck air from somewhere other then your room

nope no fights timmy... I totally understand what you guys are saying but too me, I use cool tubes because they are so efficienct to cool, if done correctly. I can cool both of my cool tubes with 1 - 6" exhaust fan, because i have a totally enclosed system that sucks cool air from outside, and blows it through both of my cool tubes directly back outside.

That means that the air that is being blown from my cool tubes has never touched my grow room and as such has no smell. I can actually touch my 1000 w, cool tube with no real heat, because there is constantly cool air blowing over the light and through the tube. I also do have a carbon fliter that runs totally indepentant of my cool tubes. my carbon filter is powered by a simple duct fan from home depot, that costed $25. But if i added the filter to my air cooling system for my lights then my temps would rise because the air flow would be greatly restricted. By it is not needed there because there will never be any smell coming from my cool tubes, so it would be a waste and it would hurt my grow.

Think of it this way, you wouldn't want to vent your grow room by bringing in warm air because it would defeat the purpose if you are trying to cool the room down. To cool the room you need to bring in cool fresh air.

slowmo77 said:
ok i have a question for ya. how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood??? i'll need an answer asap. thanks. hahah jk lol.
I actually figured that out once then Chuck Norris divided it by zero and my head exploded.

hi tim i was wondering if you knew anything abouit supernatural brand rockwool soak??.............. it calls for using 1 tsp per gallon and using it at this rate at least with my tap water which runs about 7.47 doesn't bring the ph down enough.............and the ppm is around 1400 which is what i'm most concerned about, it has fertilizers in it and micronutrients and has an npk of 14/6/13 ...........don't you think this is kind of high??? i'm doing my first hydrio gro now and i'm using lucas formula at around 1300 right now and i'm half way through budding ...........for my clones with the rockwool soak isnt that too much or is a lot of the ppm's due to the micro nuts which won't hurt them????

I've got 10 gallons of rockwool cubes (the little ones 1 cm) soaking right now and and will have another 15 or so to soak when the buckets are empty and can go again. my clones are in 3 inch rockwool blocks and roots have just popped out of the bottom of them and don't want to fry them in this solution

I guess what i am asking is is this a normal ppm for this brand of rockwool soak???? if anyone knows let me know or if any of you have used this brand let me know of any problems ........i can let them sit another day or so til i get some kind of answer

thanks in advance:D

i just soak my rockwool with ph'd water for about 6 - 12 hours. It raises your ppm to 1400 with just a teaspoon per gallon? What is your starting tap ppm

Timmyjg6 said:
But to answer your question...
Average amount of wood a woodchuck would chuck in a given day is 682
butt cords of wood. But weve had a Record high for woodchuck wood chucking of 5666 butt cords which was attained on 6-15-96.
Something about this answer has been gnawing at me all night long. This incredible amount of wood really doesn't pass the sniff test. As it turns out, according to the Cornell Chronicle, woodchucks that gnaw their wooden nest boxes are given scraps of 2-by-4 lumber. A wildlife biologist once measured the inside volume of a typical woodchuck burrow and estimated that -- if wood filled the hole instead of dirt -- the industrious animal would have chucked only about 700 pounds' worth.

Even if you assume a woodchuck can dig 1 burrow/day, 700 pounds of wood is far short of 682 butt chords. I'm going to bed, now.

Yo Timmy - here's is a question - What is turning the tip of my Bud Leaves brown and curled up? I have temperature 30-35C, florescent lights on safe distance and plenty of air circulation... I posted a thread with pictures and got three different answers - one said PH, the other Nute Burn and the third said it could be everything... here's the link to the thread http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28351
Gimme your opinion :D
Danke!

Hey Timmy..thanks for sticking around and and fielding questions..heres one..okay 2

why is water wet?

why is the sky blue?

thanks

Ahhh ha.. MarP is gonna' love this! We can do away with the "Sick plants" section, the "Hydro" section, outdoor, setup and design, lights, ect...:hubba:
No longer a need for all these segregated subjects, where people have to search for answers by specific conditions, mediums, methods. I don't know why we had 'em anyway.. :rolleyes:

I dunno tho', I kinda' like the "old" method, of posting issues, problems, and information in there respective categories. Then allow the .. entire community to respond, allowing them also, the ability to find an answer to their question in the section reserved for THAT particular subject. ..:)

tokemon said:
I actually figured that out once then Chuck Norris divided it by zero and my head exploded.

gotta watch that chuck norris. i flipped when i found out he is an alien robot from the future.

wedginfool said:
hi tim i was wondering if you knew anything abouit supernatural brand rockwool soak??.............. it calls for using 1 tsp per gallon and using it at this rate at least with my tap water which runs about 7.47 doesn't bring the ph down enough.............and the ppm is around 1400 which is what i'm most concerned about, it has fertilizers in it and micronutrients and has an npk of 14/6/13 ...........don't you think this is kind of high??? i'm doing my first hydrio gro now and i'm using lucas formula at around 1300 right now and i'm half way through budding ...........for my clones with the rockwool soak isnt that too much or is a lot of the ppm's due to the micro nuts which won't hurt them????

I've got 10 gallons of rockwool cubes (the little ones 1 cm) soaking right now and and will have another 15 or so to soak when the buckets are empty and can go again. my clones are in 3 inch rockwool blocks and roots have just popped out of the bottom of them and don't want to fry them in this solution

I guess what i am asking is is this a normal ppm for this brand of rockwool soak???? if anyone knows let me know or if any of you have used this brand let me know of any problems ........i can let them sit another day or so til i get some kind of answer

thanks in advance:D

I am with mass on this one. I don't find a need for rock wool conditioner, just pre soak your rock wool in PH 5.5 Water for at least 4-24 hrs... Thin Remove and gently squeeze. But since you have already bought it, lets see... Wel i cant find anyone else that uses it, but it seems to be leget. I say if you do plan on using it do exacley as the instructions state. And if you see your cuttings having a problem than you will know whats wrong..

nikimadritista said:
Yo Timmy - here's is a question - What is turning the tip of my Bud Leaves brown and curled up? I have temperature 30-35C, florescent lights on safe distance and plenty of air circulation... I posted a thread with pictures and got three different answers - one said PH, the other Nute Burn and the third said it could be everything... here's the link to the thread http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28351
Gimme your opinion :D
Danke!
Well like many have said, it could be many things... If you cant afford a PH meter i would buy just distilled water that comes in the gallons from the store. They come at 5.8-6.0 ph which is perfect. That should take care of PH. Also what type of nutrients are you using, name? You should look into ordering some of the internet, or go down to your local hydro store. I would pick up the fox farm 3 part nutrients "Big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom". Also make sure your temps don't go over 85deg. And i also if your using floros you can have thim as close as actually almost touching the plant.. So you can have moor light on her. try these things and get back to me bro... good luck

TheseAhhh ha.. MarP is gonna' love this! We can do away with the "Sick plants" section, the "Hydro" section, outdoor, setup and design, lights, ect...
No longer a need for all these segregated subjects, where people have to search for answers by specific conditions, mediums, methods. I don't know why we had 'em anyway..

I dunno tho', I kinda' like the "old" method, of posting issues, problems, and information in there respective categories. Then allow the .. entire community to respond, allowing them also, the ability to find an answer to their question in the section reserved for THAT particular subject. .. questions should each be aseperate thread

I agree 100%

4u2smoke said:
why is water wet?
Well lets see "wet" which means a liquid is forming a continuous film on a surface rather than distinct droplets, and is also just a term to describe something that has liquid on it, so water is actually only wet when in liquid form.

But to answer your question. The surface tension in the water makes it wet. But the molecules that make up the skin are polar (there is a separation of charge in them) and water is very polar so the opposite charges in the molecules attract. Liquids like mercury or polyfluorinated hydrocarbons do not and are not wet (on skin) because the surfaces of the molecules show no charge separation and instead stay clumped together rather than spread over your skin. But they could however wet each other.
4u2smoke said:
why is the sky blue?
Transmitted light (from the sun, light bulbs, fire, etc) is made up of a spectrum of colors. The longest wavelengths of light are on the red end of the spectrum and the shortest wavelengths are on the blue/violet end of the spectrum. When transmitted light such as sunlight enters our atmosphere it collides with the oxygen and nitrogen atoms. The color with the shorter wavelength is scattered more by this collision. Because violet and blue are the shortest wavelengths the sky appears to be violet / blue. But because our eyes are more sensitive to blue light than they are violet light, we perceive the sky as blue. Our eyes contain thousand of rods and cones, which are the receptors for light. Whenever one of the 3 Stooges pokes you in the eye you see a giant blue spot. This is because the blue receptors have been activated. Blue is one of the primary colors and thus more easily activated and seen by our eyes.

But in short, why is the sky blue? It is because blue light from the sun strikes the air molecules and scatters and our eyes perceive it as blue.

Hick said:
Ahhh ha.. MarP is gonna' love this! We can do away with the "Sick plants" section, the "Hydro" section, outdoor, setup and design, lights, ect...:hubba:
No longer a need for all these segregated subjects, where people have to search for answers by specific conditions, mediums, methods. I don't know why we had 'em anyway.. :rolleyes:

I dunno tho', I kinda' like the "old" method, of posting issues, problems, and information in there respective categories. Then allow the .. entire community to respond, allowing them also, the ability to find an answer to their question in the section reserved for THAT particular subject. ..:)

Thanks Hick, i thought you would love it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back