Help with adding a resevoir

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP419

Reaction score
I grow using 5 gal buckets and have always just added nutes tio every individual bucket and is very time consuming and hate having to move the plant around trying to egt to the others so would like some help with adding a resevoir. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now but have been trying to come up with a plan how but to be honest I just can not figure it out so if anyone could give me a detailed description and maybe some pics on how I would greatly appreciate it, Thanks a lot!

I bought a battery operated kerosene transfer pump. Really makes it easier and less time consuming:aok:

But if you are going to add a rez most just run pipe into a bulkhead fitting then out the other side the same way. Do it to all of them till you circle back around to your rez which has a pump in it.

Keep in mind that if you put all on 1 res that you will not have the ability to individualize nutrients for different strains, you will not be able to raise and lower individual buckets to maintain and even canopy, and every penetration of the bucket/res by fittings and hoses is a place for it to leak. Water pumps can also raise res temps to the level that you need a chiller. I, personally, do not like to go the entire flowering period without a weekly exam of my plants for problems, cleaning the buckets, or inspecting the roots. I have thought about going with a res--I am old and hauling around 5 gal buckets can get tiresome, but the above things have kept me from it. I have a pump like pcduck mentioned.

Change Your Buckets To Hempy Buckets And Just Plonk In A Dripper Or Two Per Bucket And Add A Pump.
Jobs Done.
T4

There are multiple ways to do the rez like you are talking about. You could do an undercurrent where each bucket is tied together with large PVC pipes that have a pump connected so that the buckets all share a large communal rez. But as THG said, there are inherent problems with this type of setup.

I personally like to hybridize everything so that I can use the best of different setups. I have in my tents, plants in totes which serve as shallow water culture, which inturn drains into a lower set of hydro tanks that are tied together by large hoses and a pump that constantly circulates the water through the lower totes to keep it mixed and aerated. Then I have a pump connected to a dispersion head that connects small hoses to each plant for top feeding.

When ever I need to drain or add water, I can lift the lid of any one of the tanks and stick either the pump or the hose in to move water in or out of the system. It works very well for me, but it still takes a good bit of work no matter what. :)

Ok, i think i am going to stick with what I am doing now, it works for me so if its not broke, don't fix it right?

Check out aqua hubs controller set up, $119 kit, or $199 assembled. I switched and I love it.

Latest posts

Back