Herblover's 3 additions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herblover

Reaction score
First of all, I want to say this forum is a great resource and there are a lot of knowledgable folks that reside here. I started growing this past summer with little success with some bagbeans. I began doing some research and decided to go for a better quality dutch seed. I received my seeds and decided to start with three of the 6 bonus seeds they threw in with my purchase. All 3 germinated in 24 hours (9/4) and within another 24 hours (9/5) they were pushing through the soil. For the first 6 days, the babies were kept outside awaiting my dual 400 watt grow light. Once I got the light up and running, I started a 12 light / 10 hours sun regimen. As of 9/17 I am now under the light 24 hours a day. - Herblover

Triplets  91907 sm.jpg

Baby A  91907 005 sm.jpg

Baby B 91907 006 sm.jpg

Baby C  91907 004 sm.jpg

looking healthy so far. keep it up and watch for pests, and nutrient burn on the bottom leaves.

Looking great!

What is your soil mix, and what strains ya got?

With your new light, those babies will pop on up. Good luck.

PB

Hey Herb, those babies are looking very good!!!! Nice Job :D

Hey mang looks like your babies are off to a great start and looking very healthy. Here's some GREEN MOJO for them babies. ;)

Hey PotB,
My soil mix is GreenLeaf 100% organic. Got 40 lbs for a buck 87 at Target. Man, as far as the strain, I wish I knew. Any ideas? I received 6 bonus seeds with a purchase of 11 Bob Marley's Best. These are only the first 3 bonus seeds.

Herblover

I'm beginning to detect the pungent skunky smell from the babies. They are growing very strong and starting to fill out. Baby D is 13 days old and the rest are going on 33 days. I believe I have a mg issue that's been with me for a while. I read today that a mixture of 1 tablespoon to 1 gallon of water and sprayed on the leave for 2 weeks should help solve it. - Herblover

Quads 100807 009.jpg

Baby A100807 003.jpg

Baby B 100807 001.jpg

Baby C 100807 002.jpg

Baby D 100807 004.jpg

That's 1 tablespoon of epson salt to 1 gallon of water sprayed on the leaves should take care of the mg issue. :)

Herblover said:
That's 1 tablespoon of epson salt to 1 gallon of water sprayed on the leaves should take care of the mg issue. :)

Hey there herblover, let us know if the epsom salt spray works, they sure look good and strong though!

Rdrose,
The epsom salt didn't correct the leaves affected, but it seems the problem is going away with the new growth. Today is my 60th day for Babies A,B, & C. It's the 40th day for Baby D. I've picked a pocket microscope and can see the developing trichomes in the leaves. I'm still pondering a good time to take them to flower and see if there are any females. - Herblover

Quads 110307 001.jpg

Quads 110307 003.jpg

Herblover said:
Rdrose,
The epsom salt didn't correct the leaves affected, but it seems the problem is going away with the new growth. Today is my 60th day for Babies A,B, & C. It's the 40th day for Baby D. I've picked a pocket microscope and can see the developing trichomes in the leaves. I'm still pondering a good time to take them to flower and see if there are any females. - Herblover

Hi Herblover, your plants look great! :D Baby D is coming right along and as for when to put them into flower, I think that is personal preference from what I've been reading. Several people are starting them at 12/12 from seedling, other's wait depending on many factors, probably space/height being an important one.

I'm pondering the same thing myself and I think I'd like to get a couple of them started on some LST before I put them into flower(assuming I have a couple of ladies...:p )...so it may be a few more weeks for me...although my babies are only 10 days old now...;)

Whats up Herblover. You are 8 weeks into veg so your plants should be showing signs of pre flowers or damn close to it. Take your microscope and take a look around on your plants. Start looking at about the 4th node up from the bottom and look around. By the way they are looking great. :aok:

Rdrose,
I think you're right, it is a matter of preference as to when to go to flower. I guess some people could run a 12/12 light cycle from seedling. It only stands to reason that the more MH light you give, the greater the growth during the vegetative stage. I ran mine 24 hours a day for the last 7 weeks. Tonight, I started a 12/12 cycle and changed my bulb to a hps. I've got plenty of height to give, but it's a time issue for me. I want to get some sativa going for the spring.

I wish I had more patience for LST. I walked my babies, by turning the plant on a 10-12 degree tilt every 8 hours. This allowed for the alternating branches to peak forward past the larger fan leaves. They appear to have filled out pretty well.

Hey BG,
You are correct, I should be close to seeing some pre flowers and I've been looking but they are not quite there yet. Thanks for the link.

I wish I had more patience for LST. I walked my babies, by turning the plant on a 10-12 degree tilt every 8 hours. This allowed for the alternating branches to peak forward past the larger fan leaves. They appear to have filled out pretty well.

Hi Herblover, interesting that you turn your plants every eight hours, well it seems to be doing the trick, they are very nicely filled out.

I don't think I would have the patience for turning them that often...;) ...just let me tie them down...then I'm done for the day...:D

Better keep that microscope handy, you are going to start seeing ladies anytime now...however, on the 'off chance' that a male presents itself, have you decided what you will do with him?

beautiful grow. I can't wait to see some buds start growing.

Well, it's been 76 days since I began my 1st grow. I've determined that I have 2 females (Ladies B and D) and 2 males ( Gentleman A and Gentleman C) The males were remove and taken outside 11 days ago. I took the plants to flower 14 days ago and change my MH light (24/7) to HPS (12/12). I expect to continue flowering for another 4 or 5 weeks before harvesting. I've got my trustee 60x hand microscope to monitor trichome appearance.

Herblover

The Men  112007 026.jpg

Man A 112007 030.jpg

Man C 112007 031.jpg

lady B 112007 019.jpg

Lady B 112007 023.jpg

Lady B  112007 020.jpg

Lady D 112007 024.jpg

Herblover, your ladies are looking very nice, last pics I saw were on 11/20, are you going to post any more soon? How are the trichs coming along?

Lady B looks nice and strong and stocky. I'm guessing more indica in her than in Lady D...

Did you collect pollen from the guys?

Herblover said:
I was hoping to start my next grow in soon but, I'm flowering into my 5th week and have a couple to go before I start some sativa.

Are you going to grow the Sativa indoors, outdoors or a combination?

I would love to do another outside grow! Inside grows are interesting and give you a very up-close and personal kind of relationship with your plants and you can get really creative with LST, turning the pots as you do, keeping the plants small, etc., but I'd have to say that my preference is to grow outside. I hope I get to do that again sometime.

Latest posts

Back