Hi from bonnie scotland!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENDREAMER

Reaction score
Hello,i have been looking at lots of different forums the last 6 weeks,this 1 is my fave,so i have decided to "join up".
I'm sort of new to growing,i have grown on window-sills & grew some 6foot monsters in a greenhouse once "the frost got them b4 the buds formed properly" Have also grown a lot of organic fruit & veg in the past.
But this is the first time i have tried to use lights etc indoors.
I have a good size alcove in my bedroom [awkward shape,] which i've painted white & put up some reflective sheet & a curtain at the opening, it's all a bit primitive just now but i hope to improve things. My diy skills could be better!
I got some seeds going 2 weeks ago, 10 auto ak47 & 4 w w & 3 himalayan gold germinated between the tv & wood stove,also tried s silver haze,but none of them germinated!, "i know i have too many plants now,but i couldent resist,half the ak's will prob be male & i'm planning to trim the others till the ak's have finished" Got them all on 20/4 under 250w envirolite & a few 20w cfl's also have a "red" 250 & a cheap blue 150 that i will use as the plants get bigger [am a bit worried abt the cost of electric so will put more light in as needed.
I know i would have been better with hd, but we had a lot of snow last month & i'm a long way off road,so couldent get a delivery van here!
I will get a 400 or 600 w system later in the year.
I will try to take some photo's when i get new battery's but will have to learn how to upload them,not good with computers.
Have been a smoker for a long time, but had a break the last 3 years partly to see how i felt & lack of cash,also have lost touch with people i used to know,so had to buy crap hash.
I have been craving a smoke recently [think it helps my depression & insomnia] & i like to grow things so here i am!
Mmmm sorry this seems a bit long,i'll stop now!
Looking forward to chatting & learning with u all.

Hello and welcome. I believe you'll find a friendly and knowledgable lot here(also quite oppinionated...lol). But a better group, you would search high and low and not find an equal.
As far as being new to growing, you've come to the right place. There are people here who have experianced pretty much every variable common to growers and are allways willing to offer an opinion.(Keep in mind we're a bunch of stoners ).
But at the end of the day at least if you haven't learned something you'll at least have a laugh....
Again welcome.

AS long as you don't make me eat any haggis. ;) Welcome to MP.

Welcome you'll find all kinds of good info and people on this site! Is Bonnie anywhere near Tiree thats where my family is from!

Phatpharmer

PS. My DAD use to always say If Its Not Scottish Its Crap!LOL

Thanks for all your kind welcomes!

I'm not too keen on haggis myself,i did shoot a wild one last year?!

Bonnie is scots word for pretty,not a place, no i'm a long way from Tiree.

Am thinking of starting a grow diary,so wish me luck.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back