Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dam that woman makes good Gumbo !
RE -- I run a 4 part bloom rotation of 60 day finishers !-- Every 2 weeks (every other Wednesday)- I move a group of plants to bloom after I harvest a box -- clean it and refill it !-- By the calender that only adds up to 56 days but that's just the way it is !--That's why I'm down with fast finishing Indicas!-- Running small plants like I do I can get 6 plants in each box but I move what is big enough !-- So my busy day is every other Wednesday !-- I could do a 13-15 week rotation but it would take lots more room !-- adding another group to the rotation for each additional 2 weeks !
I'm not growing for quantity right now but more like looking for what I want to grow !

I tend to not keep very good or accurate records so I usually don’t remember how many or what week I’m in... I guess I know approximately where I am in a grow but usually just try to do what the plant tells me, like switch to flower when it’s a certain size, then I just watch the plant and flowers.... a rotation would require knowing the strain your growing I’m sure and having similar acting strains. I don’t really seem to have much trouble keeping myself supplyied with pot so I too am just trying different strains. I’m looking for some good high cbd strain that I can mix with a high thc to come up with just what feels right. I’ve only tried one noticeably high cbd strain, I bought it at a mmj dispensary but I cannot recall which or what it was... I’m hopeful for the plant I’m growing now though...

RE my veg boxes got 34 aero grow spots each !-- I don't use them all -all the time but I can !-- The way it usually goes is I run a plant from seed up about 6 inches tall then move it to a spot in bloom -- When I isolate a girl I'll cut the plant in half and root the top while the base starts growing some limbs I'll also use for cuttings -- I'll keep a clone of that girl in veg until I have harvested -- dried and smoked some !-- Then I can decide to keep --Let it go or breed it to something !-- When it comes to breeding I use a very small male !-- The B.B.King male I just used never made it passed 8 inches tall !-- I want to use a little male I leave him in bloom until he is almost ready to open some flowers then I move him back to veg away from the girls !-- He'll continue to bloom while in veg enough to get the pollen U need !-- Only one male in bloom at a time with a wait of at least a couple weeks between them !-- I'm sitting on a Squish -x- Oregon Lemon male I got from Umbra !-- I clone him when he gets outta hand but he lives in veg until I'm ready for him !
Cuttings I give 2 weeks to root then bout a month to veg --Then off for a 2 month bloom cycle so cuts I take today I will harvest 3 and a half months from now !

Records ?-- What means that word ?-- I got 4 groups in bloom -2 boxes in each group-- move some over every 2 weeks -- If U didn't do it last week then do it this week !-- U can look at the boxes and tell what group is what age by counting groups !-- That group went to bloom 2 weeks ago the bigger group next it is 2 weeks older and so on !-- I don't write stuff down !-- but I should !-- But I can just double each group -- I'm building me a "grow unit "-- How many plants what size do I need to feed how big a bloom rotation !-- What I'm doing now is working out a grow unit !--How many plants --How big and - How much veg room do I need --to feed this much bloom ?-- I get my numbers and stuff worked out soon enough !

Keef,i went back and looked at some of your dank. Nice looking girls. Is those all Autos? I notice they are all small plants.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Ugh !-- Getting old sucks !-- I need my medicine !

John -- I never grew an auto !-- I just flip regular plants small -- I call them my midgets !-- I grow in 2 inch diameter aero baskets and collars and the plants have a tendency to get top heavy in bloom and fall over if grow them very big -- I'm in a transition and about to switch up and grow them a little bigger ! --

morning ofc a bit cold this morning ,,,,,,49,,,,,,good day keef

Morning Zig girl !-- 70 here and sun !-- Water temp is about 70 !-- Full blown spring here !--
Having instant coffee this morning -- My Kuerig coffee order from amazon was at that place when that bomb blew up and was delayed !

was gonna take my boy to the beach,,,,,maybe this afternoon ,,,should warm up by then I'm only about 30 min from the gulf ,,,I'm gonna try to get him in the kayak ,,,I just got a tandem for us ,,,his little pfd got here yesterday ,,,he loves the water just like his mom,,,i hope its folgers keef

Zig this is the last week of spring break over here and I been avoiding the roads and beach when I can !-- It's a mad house out there !-- I'm glad the tourist came back and the locals making some much needed money but it's time for everybody to go home now ! --

Morning O.F.C. !-- Ugh !-- Getting old sucks !-- I need my medicine !

John -- I never grew an auto !-- I just flip regular plants small -- I call them my midgets !-- I grow in 2 inch diameter aero baskets and collars and the plants have a tendency to get top heavy in bloom and fall over if grow them very big -- I'm in a transition and about to switch up and grow them a little bigger ! --
Grow using Sea Of Green method and they wont fall over.
Besides,,you clearly know how to grow Dank from what I've seen. Just hate to see the time it takes you to grow midgets,,you could grow bigger plants with a much bigger harvest. And the Popo dont care how big your plants are in Texas where im at,,they get yur *** for just having plants. Lol

Good morning ofc,
I want to correct a lie I told. I only have around 50-60 roses now. 20 years ago I had over a hundred. BUT, they are all pruned and I lived to tell about it.Cool and rainy here again today. I might take the day off after my trainer.

How are all of you?

That's too much work Rose !-- Take the day off !
John I'm only growing for household use but I'm working on a grow system !-- The wife is one those high dollar nurses -- I fell and shattered my face -- so I got 3 metal plates and a fist full of screws instead of a cheek and got several bulged disc in my neck !-- Left arm don't always work right and pressure changes from the weather makes my face swell !-- Anyway it is this old cripples plan to get the wife out the hospital before it starts affecting her health !-- So I'm here in weed growing school -- I know how to grow bigger plants but I can't go to the weed stores and sample the wares to decide what I want to grow so I run a bunch of stuff looking for the outstanding keepers !- As a cloner it's not about the variety but the one single plant from that variety !-- For instance I have a Blueberry Umbra bred that can come across as anything from fresh blueberries to blueberry muffins !--

Rose I kept a little boy from those high CBD Indica -x - Valentine U sent me !-- Not sure what I'm do with him but I saved him anyway !

I wish it had 2 heated plates instead of just the top one -- No need yet because I don't produce much excess which probably keeps me outta trouble !-- $125 and I believe I can adapt it to use as a Rosen Press !-- I gotta take that red buffer pad off and make me a hard fiberglass copy !-- Some vice grips or clamps to take the pressure off the pivot point and I think I can make enough oil to buy me a proper Rosen Press later !-- RE said he wanted a high CBD /THC plant ?-- I'm mix the hash oils from them for e-cig cartridges !--

View attachment 20180322_100307.jpg

I think that indica cbd will be wonderful, i am looking forward to smoking all these seedlings and picking the one i like the best and if i having some tested.

Rose that was the only one of those high CBD crosses that I've started !-- I plan to start some of the others and I got some stuff I lost that I still have seed for that I also want to start !-- Gotta get rid of the white flies first !-- I want to get back into those Box of Chocolate seed I got from Umbra and the CFO said she want Umbra's "V" back -- She liked it better than the daughter by BBSL -- Same with Nurse Larry !-- The daughter by BBSL is a steam roller but the taste is wrong !--
I'm just lay up and let my body heal some today and build a most magnificent buzz !--

Good morning potheads...Wow, what a rainstorm last night. This place gotta be a swamp this morning...Haven’t gone out to check yet but hard rain all night...I got outdoor gardening that I wanna do but prolly not today....you’all Have a great day and get high...

Morning RE -- I ain't doing sheet today !-- That's my plan !-- U can hang out with me and Nurse a pipe or 2 !-- I'm laying low to stay outta D.D.'s way too !-- I can mess up without even trying !-- A week or so ago the back end of the slide on my .25 Cal. Pocket pistol blew off !-- I didn't even get a bruise but it scared me some !-- Anyway I told the wife I needed to go back to the gun show and get some parts or a new pocket pistol !-- Her and her activist peeps been full bore on shutting down gun shows after that thing in Florida !-- I got an ear full !-- Had my fingers crossed but I had to promise to stay away from "The Arms Bazaar "-- I took her to one long time ago and explained some stuff to her that I expected her to forget !-- She didn't !-- So ??? -- I'll figure something out but she on to me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back