how much have you yielded?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizquick

Reaction score
Growers who have had successful harvests can you please tell me how much you have yielded per plant? How tall were your plants at harvest? were your plants mostly sativa or mostly indica? what grow lights were you using? what medium were you using?

This information will be most helpful as im tring to prepare for my harvest, and im tring to figure out what i can hopefully expect for my harvest.

I too am interested to see what most indoor growers on this forum get from each plant (I would guess around 4-6 ounces mostly). This could be misleading though as in a SOG, you could get just an ounce per plant but have a HUGE yield altogether.

My best indoor harvest per plant was over 3 ounces. Usually somewhere between 2 and 3.

Ive got a single monster closet girl that is 5 weeks into flowering, Ill let you know when we harvest....

it really all depends on the strain,your grow light,how nice the summer is(if its outdoors),how it was vegged..just alot of different factors. but me personally,on an outdoor plant (usually around 4-5 ft tall ill get 5-8 ozs dry(even though i have seen people get a pound off their outdoor plants)
indoors i'll only get like 1-3) i feel lucky when i get more than 3 indoors. theres really no saying for sure what your gonna get though..too many factors involved.

There is no value at all to a "per plant" yield--there are just too many variables involved. Yield numbers have to be equated with sq ft and number of watts or lumens per sq ft. The person that is growing one plant under 1000W in a 4x4 room may end up with the same total yield as a person growing 25 plants in that same 4x4 space. Genetics is also a huge factor--some strains just yield more than others.

I've grown with just flourescent light and best weights were an ounce of good bud per plant. 344 watts in a 2' x 4' space with six female plants yielded 170 grams. (.5 grams per watt)
I added 250 watt HID and improved to almost two ounces of bud per plant.
I now use MH/HPS lamps with the flourescents and CFLs. Total watts 750.
12 plants in a 3' x 4' area. I reasonably expect four ounces per plant as they are doing very well in day 42 of flowering. That could equal 1.5 grams/watt, which is good.

Most of my growing experience has been outdoors. Best plants were probably eight ounces or more. In the old days we didn't manicure like we do today though. And the variables outdoors. You may have a big plant with a heavy yield or the same seeds end up as a one joint plant. <G>

wow,I wish i got 3 ounces off my plants:holysheep: .My first grow choped a month ago and i got lil over 1.2 ounces per plant ,it is fluffy/whispy buds that dont way much.i want to go for atleast 2 ounces for my outdoor ones i got going

i can say this much. I've had plants all grown at the same height under the same exact conditions and you can NEVER EXPECT anything. its always different. The strain of plant can be a large variable as well. Your not gonna get an exact answer on here, you just have to grow and hope for the best. dont assume though. Its better that way. if you assume that your going to pull a pound all together and you only get 12 ounces, you may end up dissapointed. just be patient.

the most i've ever gotten off a plant though is about 4 ounces. my dad and his brothers use to grow and they pulled pounds per plant.

A half a gram per watt is a good guesstimate. 1 g per watt is what you want to shoot for though. Everything in your setup has to be perfect if you're expecting a gram per watt. I usually get .6-.7 per watt of light I have. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

The Hemp Goddess said:
There is no value at all to a "per plant" yield--there are just too many variables involved. Yield numbers have to be equated with sq ft and number of watts or lumens per sq ft. The person that is growing one plant under 1000W in a 4x4 room may end up with the same total yield as a person growing 25 plants in that same 4x4 space. Genetics is also a huge factor--some strains just yield more than others.
I agree. My first grow was a little under a half pound for 17 plants in a 4X4X7 under a 600W hps. I am going to try seven in the same room with bigger pots and more topping and see how that turns out.

Shovelhandle said:
I've grown with just flourescent light and best weights were an ounce of good bud per plant. 344 watts in a 2' x 4' space with six female plants yielded 170 grams. (.5 grams per watt)
I added 250 watt HID and improved to almost two ounces of bud per plant.
I now use MH/HPS lamps with the flourescents and CFLs. Total watts 900.
12 plants in a 3' x 4' area. I reasonably expect four ounces per plant as they are doing very well in day 42 of flowering. That could equal 1.5 grams/watt, which is good.

<G>

Four ozs per plant w/12 plants in a 12 sq ft space with a 250W HID and some supplemental fluoros? If you are getting .5 grams/watt with fluoros and 1.5 grams/watt with a 250 HID and fluoros, you need to be writing a book...

Sorry, I believe you misread AND I am mistaken with the total watts of this grow it is 748 watts. I may be overly optomistic with my four oz per plant expectations, but they are some big and have 2-3 weeks left. 1.5gr/watt is what I am hoping to see this time.

The grow with 250 watt HID ( I think it may have been a MH or MVplus flourescent (594 watts total) produced two ounce plants = 1 gram per watt, not 1.5 gram/watt. This is still good though.

No need for me to ** anyone here. I tried to show my results to help answer the question, How much have you yielded.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, THG.

The benchmark I'm familiar with from a reputable grower is .5 grams per watt of HPS in the flower room, PER MONTH. So, a 1 gram per watt that grows for eight weeks is .5 gr/watt/mo. If it took 12 weeks to finish the rate would be .33 gr/watt/mo.

Again, just trying to answer the question with as much personal antidotal and research information to my knowledge.
And thanks to trillion for the thumb's up on my book writing. <G>

Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle said:
Sorry, I believe you misread AND I am mistaken with the total watts of this grow it is 748 watts. I may be overly optomistic with my four oz per plant expectations, but they are some big and have 2-3 weeks left. 1.5gr/watt is what I am hoping to see this time.

The grow with 250 watt HID ( I think it may have been a MH or MVplus flourescent (594 watts total) produced two ounce plants = 1 gram per watt, not 1.5 gram/watt. This is still good though.

No need for me to ** anyone here. I tried to show my results to help answer the question, How much have you yielded.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, THG.

No real misunderstanding...
One gram per plant is a real decent yield--1.5 is great.

I usually get 2-4 ozs per plant, I once got 5 ozs--it is very strain dependent. But I am running a 1000HPS in 19.5 sq ft of space--which is about 50W of HID light per sq ft. I do a pertetual harvest, so I put a new plant into the flowering room every 14 days or so. This makes it harder for me to figure any kind of grams per watt, but I know that I do not get anywhere near 1.5

Like I said, factor the amount of time to flower (by the month) and you'll have an equasion that can be used as a benchmark. Without that the .5grams/watt baseline is useless. Did it take one month of 1000 watts to produce a five ounce plant or did it take three months...see?

So if I flower for 9 weeks under 580 total watts, using the .5 gr per watt estimate, would it be reasonable to expect a yield of just over 10 oz? Strain is blueberry, plants doing well, 11 days into flower.

The size of the plant will determine more of how much it will yield total more then the light used if your grow a 1 ft plant and flower it will be at best a 3 ft plant and yield IME about 2-3 + good oz (dry) on it (60-40 sativa,indica) and then ive also had some that were 2 + ft tall when flowered and reached close to 7 ft and yielded almost 7 oz (dry) (100% sativa) all these were under the same lights i run 2 400W HPS.

Latest posts

Back