how much have you yielded?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
size of the plant does no matter whatsoever! hahahaha Like smokeybear and a few others said, its the conditions in your room. Im telling you, you will get different amounts each time. They could be exactly the same size each and evertime and you might pull a pound, or you might pull an ounce. BUT! you do want to pull atleast .5 grams per watt to make up for electricity bills.

BBFan said:
So if I flower for 9 weeks under 580 total watts, using the .5 gr per watt estimate, would it be reasonable to expect a yield of just over 10 oz? Strain is blueberry, plants doing well, 11 days into flower.

Here is a situation where it may be a little more difficult to reach .5 grams per watt. If the lights are designed to light an area equal to the size of the plant then efficiency is improved. If say, the lights are set up to illuminate a 3' x 4' area and the plant is a single cola pheno then there can assumed to be some light not directly on the plant. I'd say if you got .5 g/w (= 10 Ozs) then you've done really good!

So, sog or big tree, we all play by the same rules. Maximum yield for the least energy spent, and of course in a relatively short time because time means more energy expenses as well as space usage.

yadayadayada, stoned!

Sho

Thanks sho- got 3 plants growing under lights in about 2.5' x 2.5'. Overall box size is actually 2.5' x 4', but keeping the girls close together to maximize light. Using double 40w flour on the side to get a little extra penetration. Main light is 400w MH with 2- 70w hps. Right now plants are at 22" high with a lot of good bud sites. I figure about another 7 weeks or so to harvest. Frankly I'd be amazed at 10 oz, figured closer to 5 or 6.

I got cornfused. So you have more than one plant.

Hope you get a max yield, man. I dunno a lot of top strains, but HT sez BB is top shelf! So, even an average yield of that would be pleasant.

yield is actually a function of time as well as light size. style of growing and number of plants also has alot to do with yield. with 1 plant, under a 400w HPS lamp, I have yielded 10-11 ounces of dried buds. However, the flower period was 14-15 weeks. I could easily grow 2 harvests of an indica strain in the same time and probably yield more. :hubba:

Shovelhandle said:
Like I said, factor the amount of time to flower (by the month) and you'll have an equasion that can be used as a benchmark. Without that the .5grams/watt baseline is useless. Did it take one month of 1000 watts to produce a five ounce plant or did it take three months...see?

No this is not PER MONTH.

Puffin Afatty said:
yield is actually a function of time as well as light size. style of growing and number of plants also has alot to do with yield. with 1 plant, under a 400w HPS lamp, I have yielded 10-11 ounces of dried buds. However, the flower period was 14-15 weeks. I could easily grow 2 harvests of an indica strain in the same time and probably yield more. :hubba:
i yielded 7oz top grade with my 400...59 days...grandaddy purple; indica of course oh, 24 plants SOG clones instaflower!

Latest posts

Back