Howdy y'all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy

Reaction score
I found this place while refreshing my memory about growing and leaning some new things on the web.
This site and the people here know a lot about growing, I think the knowledge here is far better then other sites I have visited.

I am going to be growing hydroponic style in what would be called a bubble unit.
I bought it as a set up and go and that was a BIG MISTAKE, but I won't go into that now. I also have one very cool ballast from Lumatek that does everything automatically. switches from 120V to240V on its own, just plug it in. I can use H.P.S. and M/H, just screw the bulb in, the ballast know what to do. It also has a Dimmable switch, so I can run it at 400W or down to 250W. And the best part is, it does not cost an arm and leg.

I have one clone out of nine in the unit now and am hoping that I can save it, another story for another time. I also started four seeds in some rock wool, Auroura Indica and AK-48 two seeds each that I got at Nirvana, I just ordered four new strains from them, good company. I wiil post as things progress.

so that is some about me and I look forward to meeting all of you.

Maybe you should go into the problems that you have had. There is no reason that a set up and go system should have been a big mistake--why was this a mistake and what kind of problems did you have?

welcome to the show...there are lots of knowledgable hydro growers here who can help you figure out your set up and grow system, you may as well figure it out if it's already paid for...I would

Hello Cowhand :)

You are quite correct, this site is a minefield of info.

The plus side is everyone on it is willing to help and give gained knowledge quite freely with no egotistical backlashes.

We are all even here, all members have the same respect for a novice to highly experienced.

You will enjoy your stay.

Something caught my eye in your intro, you say the ballast is dimmable so it can lower down from 400 to 250, you have to keep in mind when you dim down you will need to change the bulb from a 400 to 250.

All bulbs work best when given the correct W, you cannot use a 400 and simply lower the W to 250.

Not sure if you knew that or not, but hey, it has been typed now ;)

Welcome to the forum.

:peace:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Maybe you should go into the problems that you have had. There is no reason that a set up and go system should have been a big mistake--why was this a mistake and what kind of problems did you have?

Thanks for the welcome Hemp Goddess.

Well first of all I did not get every thing that was suppose to be there, another weeks wait. then when I did get the tank parts and my ballast, the damn metal halide side did not work, so an exchange becomes 2 more weeks.
But the part that really pissed me off is that I had to return it on my dime, $37.17. I have yet to receive any reply's to the four Emails I sent and getting some one on the phone, well good luck.
From now on I will be using local stores for my needs, no more horse **** from a company like that. The sad thing is that there are good company's on the web that get hurt by people like this.

legalize_freedom said:
welcome to the show...there are lots of knowledgable hydro growers here who can help you figure out your set up and grow system, you may as well figure it out if it's already paid for...I would

Yeah it is paid for, so I am not going to try and recover my lost money, I can make it work, I have already made some up grades and will continue doing so. and I intend to expand my system as time goes along.
To bad for the company they lost a lot of money from me.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Cowhand :)

You are quite correct, this site is a minefield of info.

The plus side is everyone on it is willing to help and give gained knowledge quite freely with no egotistical backlashes.

We are all even here, all members have the same respect for a novice to highly experienced.

You will enjoy your stay.

Something caught my eye in your intro, you say the ballast is dimmable so it can lower down from 400 to 250, you have to keep in mind when you dim down you will need to change the bulb from a 400 to 250.

All bulbs work best when given the correct W, you cannot use a 400 and simply lower the W to 250.

Not sure if you knew that or not, but hey, it has been typed now ;)

Welcome to the forum.

:peace:

Thanks for the advice HippyInEngland, I set it back to 400w. I think in this case it is OK to run it at 250, been on that for almost a week now. I will find out more about that and just leave at 400 for now.
There is also a Super Lumens Switch on it that has to increase the wattage, at lest that is what I think, so I do need to find out more about this ballast.

If you don't mind can you tell us the company so that we all know who it is, and members can choose wether they want to do business with them or not...I for one would not want to use a company that makes you ship their faulty equipment back. So I would like to know who they are so I don't do business with them.

I made my mistake at a place called stealth hydro. com
If any one dose use them I wish them good luck.

Cowboy said:
I made my mistake at a place called stealth hydro. com
If any one dose use them I wish them good luck.

Holy crap...I bought my first setup from them.....what a piece of crap...I wish I had found this site before I bought it....welcome to MP...:)

Hamster Lewis said:
Holy crap...I bought my first setup from them.....what a piece of crap...I wish I had found this site before I bought it....welcome to MP...:)

You have that right Hamster, it is a big piece crap, pass the word around and maybe we can save some one the heart ache.

It's already done....2 unhappy customers in a few hours. And I tend to trust what ham has to say...he didn't get MVP for nothing...I won't send them any business, I'm always in the market for something (well not so much anymore since I'm laid off) I wont be doing any ordering from Stealth Hydro....don't they advertise in HT?

fleshstain said:
:welcome:

Thanks fleshstain, I will not forget rule #1. My horse dose not like it when I use bad words, last time I did she tossed me.:eek::eek:

Latest posts

Back