I can't stop mainlining (Manifold first timer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow,,,Frankenstein Weed

Or is this like the movie Multiplicity. Lol

I tried looking down the hole with a magnifier and flashlight but I couldn't see anything definitive. I took a shot of the two stalks in the hole but it doesn't really prove anything.
Interesting how they twist like that... I wonder if two separate seeds would get along like that.
I sure hope they both survive!! I'd like to see that twist when they're big but will they strangle each other?

that's a pretty sexy shot, they both have nice knees

View attachment 101_0003.KDC.jpg

View attachment 101_0008.KDC.jpg

Yeah it sounds like something isn't calibrated right. I don't like the Milwaukee probes. They have always been a PITA for me. I like the Bluelab pens. I have a pH pen and a TDS pen, and I have NO trouble with them.

That is very interesting that you got twins from one seed. Unusual but not impossible.

I may be looking at new metres after all. I left the cap off my probe at least half a day.

I just don't think I put two seeds down there..... they're too expensive and temperamental, I'm over careful with them. I use tweezers fer pete's sake
....but I could have hahaha, time will tell I guess

oh man, it just gets worse, I'm not supposed to be in this section... I thought this was for noob grow journals, so sorry... I will delete soon.
ya hit 60 and this stuff just starts to happen

you dont have to delete it, if its not in the right place they will move it for you

Pappy you can stick a small pump in the res and point it up, use it to flume with, and the heat from the pump should keep the water close to 65 at night,. it will take a little bit of work to figure out the right schedule, or you can just get a cheap fish tank heater and be done with it imho.

Pappy You need to get them babies under some stronger light. They are stretching. I don't know that I would allow 2 of them to grow together like that. MJ plants tend to fight each other for light (which might be why they are stretching). But this is what happens when you enjoy a bowl before doing your gardening.

The small pump is a good idea as it keeps the solution in your system continuously mixed, which helps prevent accidental precipitation of the nutrients out of the solution. Its hard to say though how much it will raise the temps.

I would try untwisting them and keep them separated so they dont compete

They are to close together to not compete,,,unless it is only one seed,,which I doubt very seriously.

its not one seed? if its 2 seeds then they should be able to be separated, one would imagine. I thought it was one seed i figured keep the tops away from each other so they both get light, if one is taller its shading the smaller

If they are continuously manipulated to pull them away from each other, and allowed to grow in a larger container to allow enough room for both root balls to develop enough to keep each plant healthy, then they could be grown to completion.

Please don't delete this thread. Your gonna get me through winter not growing. And on top of that I am learning loads right here.

That double trouble seedling is a wonder.

Pappy you can stick a small pump in the res and point it up, use it to flume with, and the heat from the pump should keep the water close to 65 at night,. it will take a little bit of work to figure out the right schedule, or you can just get a cheap fish tank heater and be done with it imho.

ha!, THAT is exactly what I did, pulled the coils and dropped the pump in to the water. Still gets too cool though, maybe 60 for a few hours.
I have one of those aquarium heaters, I just don't wanna :)

Pappy You need to get them babies under some stronger light. They are stretching. I don't know that I would allow 2 of them to grow together like that. MJ plants tend to fight each other for light (which might be why they are stretching). But this is what happens when you enjoy a bowl before doing your gardening.

The small pump is a good idea as it keeps the solution in your system continuously mixed, which helps prevent accidental precipitation of the nutrients out of the solution. Its hard to say though how much it will raise the temps.

I thought so too, 24hr LED at propagate distance, I'll lower it to veg,
always with the damn stretching but I just drop them deeper into the bucket. Or I can stick them under T5s

pump 24hr feeds a drip on each bucket, tap at the end of the feeder hose cracked open sprays in to res.

its not one seed? if its 2 seeds then they should be able to be separated, one would imagine. I thought it was one seed i figured keep the tops away from each other so they both get light, if one is taller its shading the smaller

I think it's one seed but I like my pot.
Contrary to HP's sage advise, I'm rarely straight in there.
I have a routine though and visual cues for everything.
I start with 10 seeds hoping for 5 successful plants in the buckets.
If disasters, I have 5 back-ups.
I do 5 rooters, 5 seeds at a time and am fussy, my routine is up there somewhere.
Unless I got interupted...but where did the 6th seed come from,
a only had 5 dark angel

If they are continuously manipulated to pull them away from each other, and allowed to grow in a larger container to allow enough room for both root balls to develop enough to keep each plant healthy, then they could be grown to completion.

I'm not touching them, HP
I can afford to lose them and it will just be too fascinating not to watch how nature handles this. But I will start LST at 5 nodes if they make it.
:watchplant:

Please don't delete this thread. Your gonna get me through winter not growing. And on top of that I am learning loads right here.

That double trouble seedling is a wonder.

Feminized seeds. They mate two females, (which isn't such a terrible thing really) but they do it by sprinkling colloidal silver on their privates which causes balls to grow somehow! <shudder>
Next time I get a male, I'm cooking up some colloidal silver and painting his balls.

You can start Lst on them now if you want. They are very resilient during veg. As long as the stems are soft, you can do most anything to them as long as the skin isn't torn, and they will heal and be stronger. That is why a lot of people put fans on their very young plants. The constant blowing around makes the stems sturdier.

Now here is how a mainline converted into scrog should almost look. Ideally, it should've been set down further so that more of the branches were splayed out and then flipped immediately. However, on this one the guy couldn't bend the branches for tucking or doing SC as the plant was too woody stemmed.

View attachment mainline into scrog.jpg

Latest posts

Back