is it ok to trim when flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team GREEN

Reaction score
I was just wondering if its ok to trim off some of the underdeveloped bottom growth during the last few weeks (approx. week 7) of flowering? or should I just let it be?

cutt it of now and sample a early smoke hmmmmmm

ya its ok.
I belive its called lollipoping.

however, im not a fan of cutting anything, i always tuck leaves where i want them, or just tie the leaves to a new positon.....for me i normally tie the leaves to the main stem.
I personally believe that cutting the plant hurts it, or shocks it, and slows growth for alittle while.

Team GREEN said:
I was just wondering if its ok to trim off some of the underdeveloped bottom growth during the last few weeks (approx. week 7) of flowering? or should I just let it be?
Its ok to do.I test out my smoke the same way.

I've never heard of anyone saying cutting off the bottom undeveloped branches would harm the plant. I do it. Who wants to trim that anyways. I will say, waiting until week seven to do it is a little late, but hack away, you should be fine.

IMO it is a little late to cut them off now how long of a flower are you planning on having? many strains that i know of are about finished in 8 weeks.for these sites that your talking of IMO id leave them and jsut use them to make some hash out of as they will be very small buds,or cut them off dryem up and smoke them. but for a futre flower you can trim off smaller under branchs which will let more of the hormone get to the tops of the plant.:bong2:

ya what dubbaman said, i always use the skimpy buds for hash....ice hash...bubble hash.

i made two clones off the bottom of my plant

From what Ive read and heard it's better to take clones from the bottom of the plants because the branches are more devoleped. Another reason this is a good idea is what dubz said "It will let more of the hormone get to the tops of the plant".
Dro:cool2:

you also really dont want to take clones while in flower they willl take lots longer to root, and then they have to revert back to vegging. IMO the best time to clone is just as you start to see preflowers, last week of vegging first week of flower this is when you have the best sign of sex and will know for sure if your plant is a he or she. but thats off topic of this thread.

Latest posts

Back