Is this a Herm....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

th3dud3

Reaction score
so what the hell is this, a pollen pod or what. should i pull it? The plant is really strong with huge pistils and THC already frosting the leaves over. 4 weeks into flowering.

whatthis.jpg

th3dud3 said:
so what the hell is this, a pollen pod or what. should i pull it? The plant is really strong with huge pistils and THC already frosting the leaves over. 4 weeks into flowering.
I can't really tell what it is man. It's an odd shape for a male flower. I don't know what else it could be.

Look very closely and see if it's sitting on a short stalk. If so, it's a male flower. If it's sitting directly on the stem or node, then I'm not sure.

Wow, I'd thought I had seen it all...

its growing directly out of the internode, practically part of the bud, i dont know heres another one that split or maybe its 3 of them.

IMG_2391.jpg

The only thing I can think that they are is unpollenated seed pods. I've never seen them look like those, but if one were all by itself, I guess it may look like that. On my plants, they grow in huge clusters within the flowers.

It's kind of odd to see one all by itself.

Usually, they fill with resin. Do these have anything in them?

no sign of resin on any of them yet, but i just noticed them today so they probably developed within the past 2-3 days

th3dud3 said:
no sign of resin on any of them yet, but i just noticed them today so they probably developed within the past 2-3 days

The resin will FILL the seed sacs. It will be IN them, not ON them.

The unpollenated seed sacs fill to almost bursting with resin by the time of harvest.

Good luck man. I hope that's what you're seeing.

I disected one of the pods and saw spores developing, im going to put it in a seperate room and finish it...i just hope my other plants didnt get pollinated or end up changing too.

Latest posts

Back