Jilly b Questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinisterhand

Shut up and drive.
Reaction score
I got two Jilly clones from a old hippie, I am 97% sure they are legit. One I flowered the other I kept in veg for clones. Both have been a super corkey. The one I flowered produced 1.5 oz of some nice citrus e smoke but it never really looked healthy. the other looks like ****. The Ph is right, I am using worm casting mixed with some Dr Earth steeped into a tea for my nutes. All the light is natural (in a great big window), temp is around 70 and I flush her out every so often. I have enclosed a few pics. One is my mother, one is of the leafs that are growing out of my jilly's ( notice that it is a single finger leaf ) all the leaves look like that ALL OF THEM and last is one of my clones in it new home. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

jilly.jpg

jilly pot.jpg

pot.jpg

weird looks like some crazy sativa

Actually I believe it"s a TGA strain, 70% indica 30% sativa. It has a wonderful bouquet and a nice heady high. It just doesn't grow like anything I have ever seen.

the one on the right looks soo sativa to me..not bushy like my indicas..course I may be way off..

When I picked up the clones they looked like marijuana plants, now they don't. I thought maybe nute lock but I flush often. I just don't know.

The single leaf thing is usually from regenerating the plant. When that happens, its like resetting the plant. First there are singles leaves and then if let veg longer will turn to 3 leaf and then 5 leaf. However, sometimes the clones will just stay in the single leaf mode. I don't know why, but I have had it happen a few times. The plants grow out that way and flower that way. It has never affected yield or quality.

Agreed with 2Dog, that clone does look more sativa . Also one leaf plant was very common during cloning , when you are putting the rooted clone into flower 12/12 right away without any re-veg time for it to turn back to veg stage to develope it's normal fan leaves . Did you re-veg that clone before put it into flowering ? Still look good with the harvest of over 1+oz .

have you been bending the big one on the right or does it grow that way naturally?

I have only taken 1 clone from her, the one pictured. The mother grew that way naturally and I am not a fan of reveg. I go from clone to a few weeks of veg then to flower.
I lack experence but I can help but wonder what the crap is going on with my Jilly. If you all say it's ok I will trust you.

r they getting good light? the pot on the right looks kind of small and not very full of dirt...what kind of dirt r us using? maybe u need some betetr nutes?

I really wonder if there is any research why clones often time having only one finger leaves ? I did test before with a couple of clones from the same mother plant . After rooting, I putted half to flowering 12/12 and other half went back to re-veg at 18/6 then later 24/0. The odd thing was one or two clones in the flowering 12/12 keep putting one finger leaves ....and some were just fine with regular fan leaves . With the re-veg all clones ....fingers seem to increase and all have normal fan leaves . My guess is that if mother plant that the clones i got it from was in middle flowering stage , one finger leaves are gonna occuring somehow . I am personally gonna do more research about this . Just interest me !!

P.S
Any pros got any comment on this ? Hick ? HIE? Hemp? Anyone ?

your great big window...thats your issue ;)

I am using Roots Organic soil, my nutes are worm castings and Dr. Earth. My window??? Please explain. I enjoyed the smoke so I will be continuing the strain from my mother. Maybe something will change with my clone I put in hydroponics.

I've grown Jilly Bean many times and it's always been a sativa dominate structured plant. It grew tall and had relatively large, fluffy buds. I eventually bred Sour D into it and created something real nice.

Odd light application to plants and moving a plant from veg to flowering cycles and visa versa often leads to uni-foliate and tri-foliate growth like your seeing. Stong vegitative environments will result in normal growth eventually. IMO 24 light will promote this growth most effeciently. After your plants are big enough and your "natural outdoor light " in the large window is 12/12 then moving the plants will result in the best harvest for your situation - at least thats how I see it - You will get better results w/ an indoor light as I'm sure you know. I think Kushman means it's not that wise to grow a plant in front of a huge window and that indoor light application will give you better yeilds. Hope I didn't state to many obvious things - I can ramble on sometimes and best of luck...........

Jillybean, jack cleaner, and vortex are some of the best sativa mixed strains from subcool . I researched a bit and heard alot of good reviews on tastes . Smoke for us a bowl when you dry the buds Sinisterhand, and let's me how it tastes like .

your great big window...thats your issue

:cop: <<<<this issue ? LOL obviously yes ....and the snitching neighbor whose always peeping on naked pretty ladies:hubba:

Latest posts

Back