Joey Weed Apollo-11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogman71

Reaction score
Well I wasn't sure if I was going to do a journal or not. This is my first grow and I really don't know what to expect. I have just finished week 4 of veg and everything is going good. I had some trouble with heat early on, as I was using a small space heater and had issues geting it dialed in. I once accidentally left the heater facing the plants and cooked them for a few hours at 120F.:confused: For the most part the conditions have been good staying between 70F-83F and 40%-60% humidity. This week we had 80F weather and the garage got a tad warm and the box reached 93F. I may pick up an old window unit and rig up some kind of cooling since it is going to get warm soon.

I germed 4 out of 6 seed using the paper towel method and placed them in jiffy cups. With the heat issues I was having I was having trouble keeping the jiffy cups moist so I quickly switched to 3 gallon pots after they sprouted. The following is the set up.

JW Apollo-11 from Hemp Depot
3x3 grow box in garage
400 watt mh/hps switchable ballast air cooled
FF Ocean Forest
Earth Juice Grow

Picture 1 2/16 probably a week old and I just switched them over to the 3 gallon pots. I'm super stoked, I'm growing plants!!!:D

Picture 2 2/26 everything is going well, just adding water once a week, making sure they are going through the wet/dry cylce.

Picture 3 3/05 gave them nutes for the first time the day before. I used a 1/4tbsp per gallon of Earth Juice Grow. Keeping it light.

Picture 4 3/12, This morning and wow!:eek: I can't believe I haven't killed these things yet, they are actually looking good. Went up to 1/2tbsp of EJ Grow yesterday.

So far this has been fun and really rewarding. I have never grown anything in my life and was sure I was going to find a way to screw it up, but have somehow managed to keep them upright and green. I really want to thank everyone on this board, you all have helped me get to this point. I have read through so many threads hoping to tap into this great wealth of knowledge, and am sure I will continue to use y'alls insight through the remainder of the grow.

week 1.jpg

week 2.jpg

week 3.jpg

week 4.jpg

Nice! Ya may wan't to get that temp. dailed in, and watch fer hermie's.

:eek: Hermies, I hope not. Hopefully the high heat issues were early enough it did't affect their sex. The temps have been good since week 2 except for the high of 93F one day. Our temps shouldn't get that high again for the next week and I am going to peruse craigslist and pick up an ac unit and rig some cooling. I may not need it for the next month but if I plan on growing this summer I will have to cool that box as the garage just gets too warm.

i'm not sure of how big your plants are but i think you should start flowering them already or real soon or maybe you've let em grow too much, just make sure, they will double maybe more in size in flowering and you got a 400 so... just make sure you didnt grow em too big already, i dunno but to me that looks like a big bush to be flowered under ust one 400, you might have to thin them cut some lower branches off but dont do such a thing before bein sure, how tall are they now?

I grew Apollo 11 many years ago, got it from Brothers Grimm the breeders of the strain. It's a great smoke & easy to grow. Your plants look great.:joint:

I may go ahead and switch the lights. The plants are between 13" and 16" tall, I have been waiting for alternating nodes but I guess I don't know what I am looking for. I will switch the lights and hopefully get at leasr 2 female out of the 4.

Frogster, You can find alternating nodes when you follow the main stalk up from the bottom, you'll see the leaves start out even where they connect to the main stem. When a plant reaches maturity they will start to connect with one a little higher that the other on the main stalk:=alternating nodes.

alls looking great frogman.:)

your good to begin flowering at anytime brother...

i use a space heater at night. just in the past week i have not had to use it. i use a milk house type heater with a low switch, (900W), and high,(1500W), also, a thermostat. i keep it on low, so the thermostat kicks the thing on, and off often...i've had a few doozies in there myself when i began growing indoors.;) ...

happy trails...

WooooHooo!!!:D

I went ahead and switched the light to HPS and will start flowering today.

Do I start using the Earth Juice Bloom when I water this week? And do I continue with EJ Grow?

Thanks again for the help, I probably would have continued to veg and would have had too much plant to handle if it wern't for your insight.

Latest posts

Back