Just curious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snale

Reaction score
I had a mom on 16+hrs for just shy of three years. She made many many babies,(cuttings). Though I know it would seem ridiculous, can I do the same with a flowering plant? Not to harvest, just to admire.

Never tried it once they were into flower mode. I do keep mothers through the winter and then keep a few fresh clones and put them outside to finish. They look more like a bush than a pot plant. Ya get lots of buds, too.

I had a mom on 16+hrs for just shy of three years. She made many many babies,(cuttings). Though I know it would seem ridiculous, can I do the same with a flowering plant? Not to harvest, just to admire.
You can. I have reversed early in flower but it takes awhile and the plant is a bit funky for some time. I have also taken cuts off of a plant early in flower. Again cut will be funky for awhile.

It will eventually just die if kept on 12\12 ime.
I saw a Durbin Poison mother that was giving cuts for years. It was his specialty plant. So, you can keep a plant in veg with the right care and maintenance. I personally wouldn't do this.....to much work but it can be done. Why grow to admire?

Tthought it would make a good conversation piece. A 4-6+yr old plant. Yes the girl I had for 2yrs and 9months was tuch and go. Nearly lost her a few times but Wow she sure was worth it in the end. I miss her!
Only someone that truly loves the plant and not just the results would ever try it. Takes up to much space and lighting that could be productive

Tthought it would make a good conversation piece. A 4-6+yr old plant. Yes the girl I had for 2yrs and 9months was tuch and go. Nearly lost her a few times but Wow she sure was worth it in the end. I miss her!
Only someone that truly loves the plant and not just the results would ever try it. Takes up to much space and lighting that could be productive

Never tried it once they were into flower mode. I do keep mothers through the winter and then keep a few fresh clones and put them outside to finish. They look more like a bush than a pot plant. Ya get lots of buds, too.
Thank you for your thoughts!

I saw a Durbin Poison mother that was giving cuts for years. It was his specialty plant. So, you can keep a plant in veg with the right care and maintenance. I personally wouldn't do this.....to much work but it can be done. Why grow to admire?
I understand keeping mother plants though I don't do it I thought the question was about keeping it flowering and alive not in veg.

My brother revegged a plant after harvest recently. I was skeptical that it would work but I am happy he got it to work. Look up treetard on here. I think he posted about it.

Latest posts

Back