LOWRYDER 2 Manicuring and Harvesting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated pics! This is the next one coming up! 10 weeks and 1 day old. All three LRx2's are that age, I've pulled one already at 9 weeks. It's fun expirementing with diff thrich stages(diff highs). The smaller plants you see in there are some LRx1's. Also three total. month old.

LRx2 pics at Harvest 031.jpg

LRx2 pics at Harvest 032.jpg

LRx2 pics at Harvest 033.jpg

hey richy, got another question. cause im really interested in doin lw2 would it be beneficial 2 buy that new dual arc (mh/hps) bulb or not waste the $. kinda confused, correct me if & when im wrong, but use mh until first sign of bud then switch to hps, or dont it matter w/ autoflower & can use hps straight threw. thx

hey man looks awsome.:holysheep: I am so happy to see someone having success with the habitat tent. what size is that? I have two of them and right after i got them i started hearing people talking about off gasing from the plastic killing plants, but obviously by your pics no problem. I got some clones from another garden right around the same time, infested with bugs.. was always hoping that was the root of the issue but always had the thought in the back of my head i wasted my money on the tents.:hairpull: guess not!!! :D you keep it closed all the time? what is your ventilation setup?

docfishwrinkle said:
hey richy, got another question. cause im really interested in doin lw2 would it be beneficial 2 buy that new dual arc (mh/hps) bulb or not waste the $. kinda confused, correct me if & when im wrong, but use mh until first sign of bud then switch to hps, or dont it matter w/ autoflower & can use hps straight threw. thx
I would use a HPS bulb with 20 to 30% added blue spectrum which is what the plants thrive off of during the veg cycle even though LR practically skips veg cycle you'd think only spectrum you really need is that of an HPS(yellow, orange, and red. But the added blue will only help. Without it though might hurt your plants chances of a good yield. Still takes two weeks before they really flower anyway. Here's a pic of my 600w HPS HILUX GRO(German made;) )spectrum.

spectrum for 600w.jpg

milehigh said:
hey man looks awsome.:holysheep: I am so happy to see someone having success with the habitat tent. what size is that? I have two of them and right after i got them i started hearing people talking about off gasing from the plastic killing plants, but obviously by your pics no problem. I got some clones from another garden right around the same time, infested with bugs.. was always hoping that was the root of the issue but always had the thought in the back of my head i wasted my money on the tents.:hairpull: guess not!!! :D you keep it closed all the time? what is your ventilation setup?
Not being a di** but I've heard someone else refer to it as that but correct me if I'm wrong about this not being the same thing. This is a grow box not tent. Click here for more pics!:D

Grow Box 001.jpg

The ladies are looking fantastic. Great work so far. My ladies are also at a month in flowering so we will be harvesting some around the same time. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Only my three lil LRx1's are a month old. LRx2's are 10 weeks 2 days old though. Your also talking bout your plants being Auto Flowering plants 2 right?

Mine are just bagseed. I'm stoned. Haha. Take care and be safe.

hey Rchy-B...enjoyed reading your GJ...I see you start manicureing while plant is still in the container? how long befor harvest do you do this? whats the bennifit?..if you add another 600 HPS in there will you be able to combat the extra HEAT? your yield would most deff be tighter...Looks awesome my friend thanks for shareing

The manicuring while still in the pots is not the best thing to do, I've read recently. But large fanleaves are o.k. to trim, if blocking vital areas where light needs to be. Don't think I'll be able to combat the heat with two 600w. I plan on putting two 400w in here to spread out the light distribution since my box is on it's side(more room for AF) and putting my 600w in a new box that'll be standing upright for future grows with larger plants. Thanks again for the compliment! Smoke up it's 4/20!

Sounds like a good plan with the two 400 watters in there. I think you can manage the extra heat with the addition of a fan. As for trimming leaves, I don't do it unless they are the huge fan leaves and they are blocking potential budsites. Only then do I trim and VERY sparingly. Just my thoughts. I will be blazing one for you Richy. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe. Happy 420!

I'm rollin one right now for you Smokeybear. And now I'm smokin it:hubba:

dude i have the same exact thing.... except mine is made by hydrofarm and called a "habitat tent" instead of a "growbox". they are made of the exact materials, only difference is your has gray trim and mine has green. sooo.... do you feed fresh outside air for intake, do you feed surrounding room air or are you using passive, relying on only exhaust vacuum to pull fresh air in through the screens?

milehigh said:
dude i have the same exact thing.... except mine is made by hydrofarm and called a "habitat tent" instead of a "growbox". they are made of the exact materials, only difference is your has gray trim and mine has green. sooo.... do you feed fresh outside air for intake, do you feed surrounding room air or are you using passive, relying on only exhaust vacuum to pull fresh air in through the screens?
Sorry I flew off the handle. I just thought "habitant tents" were an outside thing used for cover from helicopter fuzz. My bad:eek: Anyway, I use the surrounding room air. Suction from the exhaust fan is strong enough to pull intake! I also use a lil fan to provide the fresh air faster. I only use one of the screens for outside air and only half of it is allowed open.(using my own velcro system) There's also a tower fan inside for stronger stems, plants and circulation. I also put some pics to show you. A pics worth a thousand words! Well here's three:D

Grow Box Air intake and exhaust 001.jpg

Grow Box Air intake and exhaust 002.jpg

Grow Box Air intake and exhaust 003.jpg

Grow Box Air intake and exhaust 004.jpg

totally cool man.. thats the only down fall to internet is your not face to face and able to fully explain. thats why things can get ugly.. so i am basiclly on the same page then, my setup is pretty close to yours vent wise. what kind of height difference you seeing between the lrx1 and x2's

Double the yield or more. LRx2's grow up to about 2ft maybe a lil taller. Pot not included. Just the plant is that much bigger. Gotta go!

Great setup you have going Richy. Keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe.

:D Here's pics of my most recent lady before I pulled her. I'm so glad I waited longer than I was goin to.:) One of my LRx2's was pulled at nine weeks and this most recent one, you'll see here, was pulled at 11 weeks. :watchplant: Big difference in yield and density of buds,:eek: even color! well worth the short wait.:cool: Do ya'll see that purple!? (Using cooler side of grow box and the further from spectrum the buds are tends to make buds taste fruity and turn purp like that.) I've read this somewhere. The closer to the light supposedly it's more like a lime or lemon taste is another hint.;)

LRX2 2nd plant 001.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 002.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 003.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 005.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 004.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 006.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 007.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 010.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 015.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 017.jpg

LRX2 2nd plant 018.jpg

Latest posts