Mandala's Satori

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o0o, right. IME, bugs don't bother the plant while in flower. Some plants are actually used as a pest control, according to Mr. Herer. I trust the plant's natural defenses.

IMO, you are making a big mistake. Flowering is when plants are most susceptible to bugs, especially spider mites.

Yes, some plants are actually used as pest control, but not mj. Most plants do not go inside, outside, inside, outside, etc, etc. What we are talking about is bringing bugs back into your grow room where they can be very difficult to eradicate.

Thanks for your opinion, THG. :) Much appreciated

"Mandala's (strains) are also highly adaptable to any grow environment or system. Plants can be carried outdoor from indoor and vice versa without having to worry about hermaphrodites. One of our priorities is to reduce genetic weaknesses to a minimum and eliminate the nail-biting that can come up in plant care. It's ideal if a strain can deliver quality and quantity with just basic attention."
-Spinning the Wheel

I have trust in the plant and it's ability to fend for itself. :icon_smile:

DSCN1269 [1024x768].JPG
DSCN1268 [1024x768].JPG

..The Satori are the only two girls in the flower tent.

k0rps, those are some of the greenest, healthiest looking plants I've ever seen.

Looking at Rosebud's Satori Bud Pic of the Month entry... http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60896
...it looks like Satori is a ***** to trim. It looks like there is a pretty high leaf-to-calyx ratio.

I also noticed The Hemp Goddess likes the "connoisseur" cut...
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60492...that HAS to take a while.

Is it as tedious to maincure as it looks?

AG

Hermying is not the problem we are worried about. We are worried about you bringing pests back into your grow room. This is a very real threat. The first time you have a spider mite infestation, you will be kicking yourself. The plant cannot defend itself against that and once they are in your room, they can be very hard to get rid of. We call them "The Borg".

Amateur Grower said:
k0rps, those are some of the greenest, healthiest looking plants I've ever seen.

Looking at Rosebud's Satori Bud Pic of the Month entry... http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60896
...it looks like Satori is a ***** to trim. It looks like there is a pretty high leaf-to-calyx ratio.

I also noticed The Hemp Goddess likes the "connoisseur" cut...
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60492...that HAS to take a while.

Is it as tedious to maincure as it looks?

AG

It is easy to trim. Lots easier then buku and TW.

Thanks AG. Haven't had the chance to manicure yet. Mandala claims they're easy to manicure, like Rosebud mentioned. There's plenty of trichs on the smaller leaves, so I imagine just trimming the big fan leaves. Thanks for the input, Rose! :)

THG, after much consideration these last few days, I have kept the girls inside the tent.. I haven't been worried about their defense against bugs until you mentioning it. With Mandala's assurance they have high pest resistance, and the fact they produce a pungent smell, I would think mites and others pest steer clear from her. And if she was healthy, the plant's immune system would be able to handle an infestation, fighting it off. These are only my presumptions, relating them to nature and health. You have had more experience with her, so I will take your advise and leave them inside. Thanks again, THG. :)

With 40 days in from the switch over to 12/12, I'm passed the half way mark! Just gave em a dose of BioVam, beneficial Mycorrhiza, with their watering this morning. Here's some pictures for ya :icon_smile:

Satori
20120503_72 [1024x768].JPG
20120503_83 [1024x768].JPG

Korpus
20120503_73 [1024x768].JPG
20120503_93 [1024x768].JPG

Thanks for stopping by!:D
Happy Growing!:fly:

Unfortunately, both those presumptions are incorrect. No strain is really resistant to spider mites. When I get mites, they chomp on all the girls, my Satoris included. In addition, it doesn't matter how healthy the plant is, she cannot fight off the ravages of spider mites.

Plants are looking great. I would hate for something bad to happen to them when they are so pretty and so promising of a great harvest.

:welcome:

Here we are at day 48. The thick trunk indica pheno has really picked up the pace in flowering. They are both being fed a nute solution of about 0.9 EC with run-off. The EC will continue to lower until the end of next week. They will then be flushed with R/o water.

Satori
20120511_33 [1024x768].JPG
20120511_36 [1024x768].JPG

Korpus
20120511_44 [1024x768].JPG
20120511_43 [1024x768].JPG

Thank for your opinions, comments, and for stopping by!

Wish you all the best! Green mojo!! :icon_smile:

Also, I have kept them inside the tent and room to ensure no bugs or light stress. Thanks THG for the advice! It's very much appreciated!

Another note, Mandala is a really great seed company. I've had the pleasure of talking to one of their service reps, and she was very friendly and very resourceful. I'm very happy to be growing one of their strains. :D If you haven't checked them out yet, DO IT!! I have yet to hear anything 'bad' about them. PLUS land-race genetics for about half the price of other major seed companies.

They just keep looking better and better.

I would continue to feed them right up until the end with no flush. They are going to take at least 9 weeks to finish (maybe 10)--don't starve them when they are busy packing on the trichs.

I have had some kind of Mandala strain in my closet for years and years.

Thank you, THG. :)

I was planning on 10 weeks, with r/o water 2 weeks before harvest. Have you noticed any taste difference between flushing and not flushing with Satori? How about feeding them less and less until about 0.3/0.5 EC?

The safari seeds are next on my list, but have wanted to try beyond the brain also. I hear it's really good. Anyone here ever had experience with it?

Green mojo to ya'll! :D

THG has grown it, and Ston has some going in our east coast west coast satori grow off. Looking forward to seeing another great show korps!

I have 3 BTB going now, very close to harvest. Although the description says they should be short tree-like plants, all but 1 of mine was tall and willowy--apparently a different pheno. BTB is 1/2 Satori, so has requirements similar to Satori. It has a nice aroma, taste, and high.

Flushing--About the most I will do is top up with plain water during the last week to 10 days. I have found no difference in taste between plants flushed and plants not flushed.

Here are a couple of pics of the BTB. These are in NV's supersoil.

5-13-12 001-1.jpg

5-13-12 002-1.jpg

Thanks drft, I'll be looking forward to seeing how big the Satori get outside! :)

Nice THG, they look healthy and DANK! :) Checked out the soil, and saved it for future reference.

Even though there are great results growing in coco coir, I'm really thinking about organics more and more. I'd rather have nature do it's own thing than me feeding them ready available nutrients from a bottle. It just makes more sense. Microbes have been around working with plants for who-knows how long, figure they have a closer relationship than I do. :)

When I can, I will do an all organic grow using rock powders and microbe teas. :D

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have 3 BTB going now, very close to harvest. Although the description says they should be short tree-like plants, all but 1 of mine was tall and willowy--apparently a different pheno. BTB is 1/2 Satori, so has requirements similar to Satori. It has a nice aroma, taste, and high.

Flushing--About the most I will do is top up with plain water during the last week to 10 days. I have found no difference in taste between plants flushed and plants not flushed.

Here are a couple of pics of the BTB. These are in NV's supersoil.

Its looking quite nice.

Hey MP! First off, I apologize for my lack of posts here recently. My focus has been all over the place and haven't been able to take the time to update this 'journal'.

I chopped a Satori down today. :woohoo: She was at 66 days. Trichs were mostly cloudy with a little amber. This pheno was covered in trichs, but wasn't as developed as the more indica pheno. Although she didn't yield as much as I had first expected(setting unrealistic goals doesnt help :rolleyes: ), her smell and frost covered leaves made up for it. :icon_smile:

A few things I've learned from growing the sativa pheno in coco:
Keep nutes low
Doesn't drink as much as the indica pheno
Keep lights at safe distance to prevent leaf curl
Responds well to LST
Ripens earlier than indica pheno

Satori #1
20120529_333 [1024x768].JPG
20120529_338 [1024x768].JPG

What's left to ripen
20120529_330 [1024x768].JPG

As always, thank you for stopping by!
May your garden be as green and bountiful as possible!

Looks great k0rps! I hope that you enjoy the high as much as I do.

Latest posts

Back