mixed Opinions- wanna know!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilikebigbuds

Reaction score
okay, I have been reading and asking and I am getting different answers to my question;

with hydro do I stop giving nuits the last few days before harvest or do I feed them right up to the end?

I understand with soil you just give straight water for several week before harvest.

I am wondering what you hydro farmers do?

I have about 5-7 day on a few plants and a couple of weeks on the other.

the girls I am planing on harvesting next week I have been just giving them water and sweet.

thanks for sharing your thoughts and Techniques!

Hey Bigbuds, I have read and also verified with the hydro store guy that you give just fresh water for the last couple weeks before harvest, reason being is to flush nutes from plant. supposedly nutes give buds a taste. thats what i have been doing. i hope this helps

Smoky

thanks for the reply-

the lady at the store where I buy my GH products told me to give nuits up to end! I didnt feel right when I heard that so.. thats why I started the water and the sweet last monday.

they seem to be responding fine to this, fan leaves turning yellow, but I hear that is normal.

:)

I had no change in color of my leaves, maybe its the strain, dont know just keep an eye on things and good luck.

Smoky

any of you other hydro farmers have any thoughts on this subject?

I always give my plants plain ph'd water the last 2 weeks of flowering. You want to leach the nutes out. They can make the bud taste harsh--the lady at the hydro store either doesn't smoke or doesn't know what she is talking about or both. Yes, the leaves yellowing is normal.

Thank You Hemp goddess,

I was following my instincts on this (as I have been most the whole grow)

I was just curious what others did for their ladies at the end of the budding cycle.

I never starve my plants the last few weeks before harvest. IMO, that is the time that your plant puts on lots of bud. Starving your plant will not help bud production, and thats what we want. I feed em all the way up till I chop em. And it does feel good to have the best smoke in town. :)

BTW.... you never hear of anyone starving a pig a few weeks before you slaughter it. Seems to me you wouldn't get as much meat.

I've tried it both ways and much better to feed till the end for denser bud production. but thats just my opinion.

starting 2 weeks before harvest i give 50% nutes for 10 days. and plain water for 4. i dont want to starve mine in this critical time either. ive never noticed crackling, fert. taste, and neither have fellow smokers. i have done a 2wk flush and didnt notice the difference. my theory is its much more critical to flush if using cheap/impure nutrients...but thats just a theory.

Latest posts

Back