Mother Plant showing flowers in 24/0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbieG

Reaction score
Ok so I just started a veg room and moved a small thai haze plant from the ebb and flow in the flower room to a DWC in the veg. room to act as a mom for my next grow.

I did this about a week ago and put it under 24/0 as soon as I moved it. Its been growing great and I've been preparing to take a clone so that I can determine its sex. I honestly don't know how old the plant is but at the time of transplant i can be 100% sure that it was showing no signs of sex. TODAY all of a sudden I see this tiny tiny tiny little white pistil.... looks like its a girl... but my question is do I have to worry about my clones being affected by a mom that was "revegged" or did I not revege her and her new female flowers are simply her showing sexual maturity? I'm sorta confused... help would be appreciated as I don't want to start cloning a mom that I've compromised the genetics of.

if you have determined the sex of your mother, which i hope you have done, then you should not have any problems putting her back into 24/0 and take clones as you wish... unless you start to see signs of hermies in your clones, i wouldnt worry...

any pics ??? we can help detirmine 4U...:lama:..and by mother Im thinking you are wanting this plant to be a mother/donor...yes? what i do is take a clipping and place in a glass of water ..and put in 12/12 light cycle..you will know sex in 10-20 days..and it will also have roots. if its male I pull the plant from veg area..if its female..the plant in veg then is my MOM..the clipping I took is placed in veg in soil and grown out..some make the reveg some dont..this way i dont have to take up space in my flower room..Hope this helps take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

So from my understanding you put some plants into flower and then pulled one back out BEFORE it showed sex to use as a mother. Close but not quite what you wanted to do. You should have waited a bit longer until they show sex and then pull your best for mother.
Either way, you revegged and are ready to take clones and she shows signs of being female. Lucky, lucky, is what I say. But as far as that being a problem, far from my friend. You just lucked out, if it is a female as you believe.
Get us a close pic and we might be able to tell you...

DirtySouthernAfficionado said:
So from my understanding you put some plants into flower and then pulled one back out BEFORE it showed sex to use as a mother. Close but not quite what you wanted to do. You should have waited a bit longer until they show sex and then pull your best for mother.
Either way, you revegged and are ready to take clones and she shows signs of being female. Lucky, lucky, is what I say. But as far as that being a problem, far from my friend. You just lucked out, if it is a female as you believe.
Get us a close pic and we might be able to tell you...
Yeah you got it right on actually. I started her much later than my other plants but I had not place to put her at the time. Now that I look at it. The plant in question was in 12/12 for 4 weeks with no signs of flowers. Now she is in the veg room for 1 week (6 days) and is showing very very clear signs of female flowers. I know 100% its female flowers there is no doubt in my mind. Two long white hairs from a pod. I just don't understand HOW she is showing flowers? I've never had a plant show flowers before I put her in 12/12 so I am assuming that the plant still thinks its in flower, and will go back to thinking it is in veg. in another week or two. IS this correct?

The only other option is that she was never in "flower mode" because she was too young and IS JUST NOW of sexual maturity which is why she is showing flowers.

I KNOW it is a female but IF it was in "flower mode" even for a little and was so quickly switched back to veg. SHOULD I worry about damage to the plant in question or just take clones from her.

4u2sm0ke said:
any pics ??? we can help detirmine 4U...:lama:..and by mother Im thinking you are wanting this plant to be a mother/donor...yes? what i do is take a clipping and place in a glass of water ..and put in 12/12 light cycle..you will know sex in 10-20 days..and it will also have roots. if its male I pull the plant from veg area..if its female..the plant in veg then is my MOM..the clipping I took is placed in veg in soil and grown out..some make the reveg some dont..this way i dont have to take up space in my flower room..Hope this helps take care and be safe:bolt::bong:
Yeah I was going to put a clone in rockwool and do what you said, but I know its a female because of the flowers... I just didn't know flowers could show in veg. I guess I had to have revegged for this to be so correct?

it sounds like if you had kept her in flower for another day she would have shown her sex... it sounds like a coincidence that she showed a little late, it takes a few days sometimes for the plants to respond to the changes...

OK so basically the plant is in flower, and needs a little time to go back into veg, but when she does she should be good to go for a mother correct? I have other mothers that will be ready in a 3 weeks or so to clone, but if I can put in a bunch of Thai haze clones as soon as this current batch is ready I'll take em :)

Well, keep watching her. Yesterday you described it as a tiny tiny tiny little white pistil. Often new growth is mistaken for pistils. Keep an eye on "her".

It can take 3 weeks or so for a flowering plant to revert back to vegging.

DirtySouthernAfficionado said:
She's fine, and will start revegging in no time.
All is well[/quote

Ok thank you :) I actually took a few clones from her for "practice" but I have a feeling I well end up keeping them IF they live. Thanks for the help.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Well, keep watching her. Yesterday you described it as a tiny tiny tiny little white pistil. Often new growth is mistaken for pistils. Keep an eye on "her".

It can take 3 weeks or so for a flowering plant to revert back to vegging.

Thanks THG. I will be sure to watch her, but i am 99.9% sure. It is two white hairs from a pod, its just VERY small lol. Nodes are alternating on side shoots just not on the main plant yet but i got large 9 fingered leaves already and her roots in the DWC are just getting huge. I can see why you like DWC so much. You see progress daily and the plants have been growing very well. I even transplanted some seedling in and the water is keeping them very happy and growing very nicely.

Latest posts

Back