My first grow (lets watch together).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigbudsbruddah said:
You take clones during veg not flower. Then put your clones under 12/12 to see what sex the plant you took the clones from is.

You can clone a flowering plant. It just takes a little longer to root.

Stunzeed..

I am straight up high right now off some Kush, Left my lights on for an hour over the time I was supposed to shut them off. I hope this does not mess things up.:cool:

Don't make a habit of it and you will be fine. Smoke the Kush aftwer you turn out the lights :)

bigbudsbruddah said:
Don't make a habit of it and you will be fine. Smoke the Kush aftwer you turn out the lights :)

I went out and got a timer the next day.....Its all good now and actually I can see that my Baby is a GIRL!:yay:. I have the little white hairs come out all over the plant now, They are small other wise I would have some pictures but give me time and we shall see together:cool:

Soon enough it will be harvest time. My clones are doing great as well except for one, one of the leaves is turning yellow. No roots yet. We will have to wait this one out and see.

Can some one explain the procedure of Re-Vegging to me please and let me know what exactly this does?.......give you more bud?

Thanks.

clever_intuition said:
I went out and got a timer the next day.....Its all good now and actually I can see that my Baby is a GIRL!:yay:.

Very cool, Clever!!!! Congratulations!!! :clap:

Excellent This Is The Kind Of Help I Need,hope To Be Able To Get More Of Mine Budding And Sooner,any Advice Is Always Useful Thanx Again.great To Meet U Clever Intuition

clever_intuition said:
Can some one explain the procedure of Re-Vegging to me please and let me know what exactly this does?.......give you more bud?

Thanks.

imo clones are better

yeah lookin nice and green know u r using flouresent right where can i find more info on growin with flouresent it seams to b workin on ur plants and working well

My plant has now been in flower for 2 weeks and has grown 1 foot since I put it into flower. I will post pictures tomorrow when my camera battery has charged up:D

:48:Soon enough my friends.

My clones how ever have died:eek: They got all slimey and rotten it smelled like. I did not have high expectations on my first clone though. I still might try again with my growing girl or start all over from seed? I have not made up my mind yet.

leave it to clever -good growin man. keep workin it . a mistake i made when starting to buy stuff was not consulting forums 1st. , so uninformed , out i went + bought a 1k hps/conv.bulb + lite mover/track. toss the lite mover (unless u got mega lites) no 1khps, instead 2x 600hps = almost double lite coverage of a 1k, use only 1 lite 4 veg, 2nd lite when need be + elect. cost works out same as 1k, but even better. there is no set timer on (12/12x60days)on only 40 days.

Ooh, I can't wait to see your new pics. And congrats on your lady. :)

Here are the pictures I have promised. My plant is now two weeks into flower and has grown over a foot tall since I put her into flower. If she keeps at this rate she is going to outgrow my grow room:eek: It is only 4 feet tall.

There are little buds growing all over the place I mist with water daily and ventalate with fresh outdoor air for about 12 hours a day. I still have my fan running 24/7 too. I am also still using fish emulsions for ferts but only 2x a month with that stuff, as well as foliage feeding with a lighter mix of fish emulsions.

Things are looking good right now and I am STOKED. I will prolly not have a pic for BPOTM this month or maybe not even next who knows we will see.

She is definatly stinky now. even with the fan on the whole upstairs smells of beautiful greens.

Well the basis for this post is the updated pics. Let me know what you think:cool:

2 week into flower full body.jpg

2 weeks into flower - grow room.jpg

2 weeks into flower full body 2.jpg

2 weeks into flower nice view.jpg

2 weeks into flower little buds.jpg

2 weeks into flower coming from the side.jpg

The one wierd thing is that the plant is really bushy on one side and not so bushy on the other? In the photos you get to see the good side, the other side is not bad but less leaves. This could be due to the clones I tried to take? I don't know she still is looking mighty fine to me:D

My clones are doing great as well except for one, one of the leaves is turning yellow. No roots yet. We will have to wait this one out and see.
In my experience, a little yellowing is a sign that roots are beginning to form. I think this happens because it takes the energy in the leaf to make the roots. Did that cutting ever take? (I think they're only called clones once they show roots, btw)

Great grow log, keep it going :D

Bubby said:
In my experience, a little yellowing is a sign that roots are beginning to form. I think this happens because it takes the energy in the leaf to make the roots. Did that cutting ever take? (I think they're only called clones once they show roots, btw)

Great grow log, keep it going :D

A clone is a genetic replica of the mother plant, any clipping taken from the mother plant that will turn into an exact replica of the host. Which mine did not take, they actually rotted I think. I did a post on it, they got all slimy and foul smelling. I am not too upset about it though being my first try. I can follow every ones advise to an extent but conditions and environments differ from person to person. So I will have to figure out what went wrong with my set up. I will try again but prolly not with this grow.

My plant grew vertically for atleast 4 weeks into flowering. So you may have a height issue. What i did as they grew into the light i would tie that branch down. You only have 1 plant so you should'nt have to many issues with it. I was tying down 2 big sativas in a cramped closet. Now they are just tangled all together. :)

I hope thats not the case I will be ending up with a 31/2-4 foot plant. Not that I am complaining. I have thought about tying it down but I dont want to break her. I sound just like a father huh:D

Although I have to say that the closet I am growing in needs some work over all but is the perfect place for it.
I could fit 5 plants easily in there and the best part is that the attic door is located in the same closet and when you open it guess what is right upstairs from there?

An exhaust fan. How perfect is that? I can shut the fan off to bring in air and turn it on to push the air out. I by no means am growing to sell, only for my own personal.

Once I am done with my grow and can throw out the grow box I have I will post a picture of the closets insides and see what people think. but I will have some work to do before I post the pics.

I have big plans for this closet and the room it is connected to that will not bring up any questions:D

Although all of the people I know would not care, but you never do actually know......do you?

clever_intuition said:
Sea of green here I come:D
I just have to finish saving up for a 1000 watt HPS/MH with ballast.
this a probably very stupid question but what is a ballast?

great looking lady ya got ya self there pal. Keep her happy like she is and keep up the good work

Latest posts

Back