My First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok bout to try and transplant another one. the one I transplanted and ripped out is growing again.This time the soil will be DRY when I transplant, lesson learned for sure. The one I'm transplanting tonigh is on its 3rd set of real pot leaves and it's growing great leaves are very broad and the stem is thick Im using a new soil called Expert Gardener- Perfect Potting Soil Mix. Growth is great on all 8 plants. What cheap light should I use for Veg and Flowering?????????????????? I saw those blue lights and red lights for plants at Wal Mart 40W for 15 bucks. Wich color light is used for veg and which for flowering and should I get them? How many for 6 plants ???????????????????????? REPLIES NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant use cfls is floro tubes ok and what about the red/blue light question???????????????????????????

which color light is for flowering red or blue? should I use the 40W blue grow light at Wal Mart? Its only 15 each. REPLIES NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

transplat wen fine this morning I transplanted all of them. All the soil in the seed starter kit came up with the plant.Thanks all those tips really helped. I have the 5 best ones in a 15in. pot. Lets hope they don't get too shocked. The women are looking sexier everyday. Is Expert Gardener Perfect Mix Potting Soil good??? ?????????????????? Plants showing 3rd set of real leaves preety fast .

Use daylight spectrum for Veg and use the Kit/bath bulbs... 3000K for flowering if you have to use floros all the way through.

Expert Gardener Perfect Mix Potting Soil good to use or bad??????????????????????????????

Don't know, are there time released nutes? if so I would say don't use this. I use 1 pt peat moss, 1pt perlite (both not miracle grow), 1 part mushroom compost. I add 1 tablespoon of lime per gallon of soil. I use water soluble nutes-Botanicare. No time release nutes!!

I dont know if it does? if it does could I still use it without using any extra nutes?????????????? It says feeds plants for 9 months??????????

You do have time released ferts in the soil. I hear people having problems with pre fert soil if not during veg than during the last weeks of flowering. Every time you water nutes are released making it impossible to flush. I would transplant to the mix I mentioned. I guess you could use it but expect to run into problems. I would never use that stuff for my plants, ever! Use water soluble fert so you can flush in the end and get a clean smoke.

I have no choice but to stick with it maybe i just wont water as often

quick question is 2 20W flourescent tubes, 1 65W blue grow lamp and 2 14W CFL's enough light for 4 plants ?????????????????????????????

That would depend jungalo..... You gonna keep plants small, like bonzai size?? maybe then... you have to look at lighting from a total lumen POV (POInt of View)..... how many Sq/Ft do you have in your grow space???? For Veg you wanna have 3K of better lumens per sq/ft with an emphasis on blue spectrum light....... For flowering you wanna get closer to 5K lumens per sq/ft with emphasis on red spectrum, aroung 3K kelvin... So basically doo some math and see if it adds up, If you are close but not exactly there, do Not worry,...... there are many factors involved in this, but these are the main.

My grow area is about 4 1/2 ft tall by 2 1/2 ft. wide how tall should I let my plants get b4 flowering ???????????????????? REPLIES NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey juggal, we did that with some bag seed and we started flowering them when they where about a foot and half tall and they out grew the grow shed in 30 days they wanted to get tall!! it got totally out of control the buds touched the lights, they had no place else to go. a hard lesson. but a learned one.
my shed is 7ft tall, and 3 1/2 deep by 4 1/2 wide.

My girlfriend ripped them all out so time to start over with some extra security
P.S. As far as everyone else knows I'm not growing anymore

Latest posts

Back